Spt Layzner - 1985 - Fansub Thread

• 8 months later...

Episode 9 is out now!!

Sorry it's been such a big delay, same story as last time, the actual episode was finished 7 months ago but a few problems occured along the way. At one point I didn't even think this would get released.

My seeder is going offline for a while, if anyone can seed my torrent with the old episodes, please help. It will speed everything up.

Edited by Area88

I think they may be. The contrast is a lot better, without the crushed blacks. I wouldn't be surprised if the translations are off, seeing as they appear to be an Italian group. Also, it'd be cool if you put the preview translation in the credits sequence. It's always weird having that part raw.

Thanks again for the release.

Sure, to download just episode 9, open the downloading torrent and there's an option to deselect any episode you don't want under the list of episodes tab. This is using Bit Tornado btw.

Edited by Area88

Sure, to download just episode 9, open the downloading torrent and there's an option to deselect any episode you don't want under the list of episodes tab. This is using Bit Tornado btw.

utorrent has that feature aswell.

btw I never noticed that Layzner features a young Conan Obrien before...

• 2 months later...

Another group has picked this up again. MSubs is making decent headway with Lupin Gangs scripts picking up where ACR left off. Source appears to be the DVD judging by the visible picture, though it's a touch dark and possibly DNRed compared to Kanjisubs. So I'd say Kanji still looks the best, but they haven't made a release in a while.

Yeah I started downloading MSubs ones too. But did ACR really drop the project?

I was under the impression that ACR and MSubs where sort of collaborating.

By the way, Shin-Getter seems to be doing steady progress with L-Gaim.

Another 80's real robot anime I've been wanting to watch.

It's a good thing that some fansubbers decided to work on these old classics

- A.X.S.U.S. does Xabungle (17 eps so far)

- [msubs] does Daitarn 3 and Great Mazinger also

- xnebula works on Dougram

- and starseeker is on Raideen

Finally, [msubs] boards are full of win and gold

Feel free to share your own links, guys :)

By the way, Shin-Getter seems to be doing steady progress with L-Gaim.

Another 80's real robot anime I've been wanting to watch.

Funny you mention it. I finally got back into myself, though I've forgotten where I left off. Shame they took almost two years to sub episode 8. Thankfully, I'd found another torrent of HK rips. They're badly interlaced (though MPC's filters clean it up) and at times non-sensical, but it was better than nothing. Shame Shin-Getter's still about 20 episodes behind where I think I am (wound up rewatching things.)

It's a pretty fun series, particularly the bickering between Leecee and Amu.

Wow, thanks for that info! I usually only go off AnimeSuki, so I've missed most of these since they don't have any torrents yet! Are there any other non-torrented classic subbed anime gems out there?

As the leader of the /m/anly fansubs group (found this topic by following the referrals on the release blog) I feel the need to clarify something: /m/anly fansubs and msubs are actually two separate groups. We (/m/anly) do Daitarn, while Sasword and his gang do Great Mazinger. There is no relation between the two groups aside from the fact that Sasword is the awesome person who provides xvid transcodes of all our MKV releases and we all hang out in the msubs boards.

(This is simply nitpicking, since I don't want to take credit for other people's work -- i.e., Great Mazinger subs.)

Oh, OK: now I understand why there's 2 different websites :p

Thanks for the clarification, and keep up the good work: some of us waited for a long time to get subs of these shows :)