Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

graham sure has balls. pretty soon he's gonna be the only one piloting a non-gn drive ms. with the proliferation of gn drives, the only thing that sets the original cb ms apart is their "TD blanket."

graham sure has balls. pretty soon he's gonna be the only one piloting a non-gn drive ms. with the proliferation of gn drives, the only thing that sets the original cb ms apart is their "TD blanket."

ummm...

that might change according to the spoilers I've seen. The only problem is those spoilers were a bit over the top so I neglected to post them (i.e. "a friend of a friend told me...").

ummm...

that might change according to the spoilers I've seen. The only problem is those spoilers were a bit over the top so I neglected to post them (i.e. "a friend of a friend told me...").

r u referring to the gn arms? oh well, whatever, i don't think i wanna hear anymore spoilers.

Nice. Episode 20 just confirms what I think a lot of people felt and what the show so far has been saying. That while not horrible mostly what the Gundam pilots (original and now the Thrones) had going for them were technology. Soma and Sergai, HRL's ace pilots, pretty much took the Throne to school. I think given enough time their team could have taken out all three of them. I can only imagine what Ali and Graham would be able to do in one of the new suits. Patrick might give them a run for their money as well. I'm really enjoying the skill vs. technology aspect of this show when it comes to Gundams and non-Gundams.

The faction pilots, even the grunts, simply aren't canon fodder for the Gundams. We see them using tactics, dodging, etc yet it's the technology that stops them from winning. That isn't a problem anymore. It's a really stark contrast to the SEED universe (being the most recent and really horrible in this situation) where even with the technology gap being closed the Alliance and Naturals as a whole were always treated as horrible pilots unless they were drugged out and never shown to have true aces and the two they had ended up on the Archangel or with Zaft at some point.

Can't wait to see what Billy does to Graham's suit though. Saji...poor Saji.

Edited by Effect

I'm curious to see if there is one grand puppet master pulling everyone's strings, from Sir Alejandro to Celestial Being, to the Trinities, Wang Liu Mei, Ali, the Union, HRL, and AEU. If so, this is manipulation at a Palpatine-eqsue level. Perhaps this Veda (super computer? A.I.?) is the one behind everything and everything concerning stolen data is all a front.

I'm curious to see if there is one grand puppet master pulling everyone's strings, from Sir Alejandro to Celestial Being, to the Trinities, Wang Liu Mei, Ali, the Union, HRL, and AEU. If so, this is manipulation at a Palpatine-eqsue level. Perhaps this Veda (super computer? A.I.?) is the one behind everything and everything concerning stolen data is all a front.

There really isn't anything to verify that Veda is a A.I.

True, I'm just thinking out and speculating like crazy :lol: . I also think Ali knows more than he lets on (I don't think he's just a merc that loves war).

So it looks like Tieria and Alejandro's aide do the same eye glow thing when accessing Veda. Interesting. Has it been confirmed that Tieria is an android or something not quite human because that's the vibe I get from some of the things he says.

Yep, those spoilers really are coming true. It makes me wonder where they're going with Saji. First Louise, now

Kinue's death (RIP). I don't see why they'd end her thread like that unless they were planning some use for him, as it seems a waste of a character for the limited info she brought.

Though I saw that coming the second they got in the car anyway.

Wang Liu-Min's intentions make her a new wildcard. I too think Billy's probably going to mod Gharam's Flag.

What's also interesting is that it appears even Team Trinity is a pawn in this game. Basically Team A wasn't getting the job done, so Trinity is brought in and, with Phase One complete, might be considered expendable. Heck, their defeat could even be part of Phase Two.

True, I'm just thinking out and speculating like crazy :lol: . I also think Ali knows more than he lets on (I don't think he's just a merc that loves war).

So it looks like Tieria and Alejandro's aide do the same eye glow thing when accessing Veda. Interesting. Has it been confirmed that Tieria is an android or something not quite human because that's the vibe I get from some of the things he says.

Just for info, Alejandro's aide Ribbons Almack btw is voiced by the same voice actor for the original Gundam pilot Amuro Ray ;) (and Saint Seiya lol)

Tōru Furuya 古谷 徹:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%8Dru_Furuya

in ep 20, when Tieria mentioned "me", Lockon was surprised and that seemed to hint that Tieria is not expected to have self-awareness - something that we humans think that robots or artificial lifeforms might not have. also, in ep 19, when Lockon(?) and Setsuna were talking, Tieria also mentioned "so this is how humans interact". when Tieria and Ribbons 'connect' to Veda, their eyes glow in golden colors, and they seemed to be able to connect to veda remotely?

BTW, the side stories have introduced vedabots... i guess they are indeed non-human in origin. Agents of Veda? to provide information perhaps?

Edited by Shun

A friend and me have had wild theories that Veda is actually the old dude's* brain in a jar. ;)

(* who spoke to the world in the first episodes about CB's mission to end warfare)

As for the GN-X, looks like the bastard offspring of Turn-A Gundam and Gundam Double-X. :lol:

Saji is gonna be looking to chop some heads off

after loosing his (potential) fiancee and now his older sister, the only family he had left.

:mellow:

Edited by godfather

in ep 20, when Tieria mentioned "me", Lockon was surprised and that seemed to hint that Tieria is not expected to have self-awareness - something that we humans think that robots or artificial lifeforms might not have. also, in ep 19, when Lockon(?) and Setsuna were talking, Tieria also mentioned "so this is how humans interact". when Tieria and Ribbons 'connect' to Veda, their eyes glow in golden colors, and they seemed to be able to connect to veda remotely?

BTW, the side stories have introduced vedabots... i guess they are indeed non-human in origin. Agents of Veda? to provide information perhaps?

woah there.. i also think it's possible that

tieria is an android

but part of that is a "lost in translation" thing. in order to understand what was going on in that conversation, you have to understand that there are probably over 20 different ways of saying "me" in japanese. in modern japanese, watashi, atashi, boku, and ore are some common ones. watashi is commonly feminine. men sometimes use watashi but only when trying to sound highly formal. atashi is almost exclusively female. ore is extreme masculine, and is usually used by characters that are strong willed and rough. it is the form of "me" used by all the gundam meisters, including tieria. however, in this scene, tieria uses "boku" instead of "ore." "boku" is male, but is usually used by little boys (i used to refer to myself as "boku" when i was a kid) and is not considered strong and masculine like "ore." it probably caught lockon off guard that tieria was using "boku" to refer to himself. also, in another key scene, when tieria exposes the nadleeh for the first time and is feeling really insecure about himself, he punches the cockpit and says "veda.. orewa.. bokuwa.. watashiwa.." translation "veda.. i.. (jacked up) i.. (jacked up) i.. (jacked up)"

i interpret all this to mean this: nadles means having both the spirit of a man and woman in navajo. tieria is extremely arrogant and headstrong, and is usually very masculine. however, when he becomes insecure, his feminine side starts to come out. he apparently worships veda, and becomes insecure when he believes it has been hacked.

here's some more speculation, do u guys think that neena has the glowy eyes as well?

Edited by cyde01

woah there.. i also think it's possible that

tieria is an android

but part of that is a "lost in translation" thing. in order to understand what was going on in that conversation, you have to understand that there are probably over 20 different ways of saying "me" in japanese. in modern japanese, watashi, atashi, boku, and ore are some common ones. watashi is commonly feminine. men sometimes use watashi but only when trying to sound highly formal. atashi is almost exclusively female. ore is extreme masculine, and is usually used by characters that are strong willed and rough. it is the form of "me" used by all the gundam meisters, including tieria. however, in this scene, tieria uses "boku" instead of "watashi." "boku" is male, but is usually used by little boys (i used to refer to myself as "boku" when i was a kid) and is not considered strong and masculine like "ore." it probably caught lockon off guard that tieria was using "boku" to refer to himself. also, in another key scene, when tieria exposes the nadleeh for the first time and is feeling really insecure about himself, he punches the cockpit and says "veda.. orewa.. bokuwa.. watashiwa.." translation "veda.. i.. (jacked up) i.. (jacked up) i.. (jacked up)"

i interpret all this to mean this: nadles means having both the spirit of a man and woman in navajo. tieria is extremely arrogant and headstrong, and is usually very masculine. however, when he becomes insecure, his feminine side starts to come out. he apparently worships veda, and becomes insecure when he believes it has been hacked.

here's some more speculation, do u guys think that neena has the glowy eyes as well?

i understand the different ways of saying 'me' but what i commented in my previous post is purely speculative lol... coupled with the side story's introduction of artificial lifeforms...

and i didn't noticed the scene regarding the first time he used nadleeh... thanks for pointing that out. so the problem with tiera is more of a male-female thing? but now he's using boku (was he referring to himself as ore before?), does it mean that tiera is now more errm... 'neutralized' / balanced?

the part about neena accessing Veda is really lame... how could they allow visitors the trinities to roam around the ship? and neena accessing and modifying level 7 data/access, i suspect she's using classified info to access and not via the same methods as Tiera / Ribbon?

I just hope that Saji doesn't meet a tragic ending later in the series. If anyone deserve to survive this series, it's definitely him.

Saji will survive to the 2nd season, and he will be back as a Gundam Meister piloting GN-007 Connery :ph34r:

The space battle in episode 21 bring me back to this series, finally some grunt can fight equally with the meisters.

GN-arm is a manned unit, reminds me of the G-defenser from Zeta.

Wait a little bit before saying such things. His mission is not over yet ...

Well, the rumors I heard

indicated that Lockon would "leave the stage". Now, poor translation aside, that usually means that the actor has no more significant scenes left, or they are no longer a big part of the story. So I would say Lockon's role this season may be done and the rest will be up to the other 3.

Wait a little bit before saying such things. His mission is not over yet ...

Who said a blind pilot cant used a mecha anymore, take a look at

Tenkawa Akito from Nadesico, he still an ace pilot even he's blind.

I hope Saji doesn't become a Gundam Meister, though now with Lockon on the DL (hope he still plays a secondary role as advisor or something) it looks like someone will have to take over piloting the Gundam. I liked seeing the a Gundam Plane like in the original series.

Saji will survive to the 2nd season, and he will be back as a Gundam Meister piloting GN-007 Connery :ph34r:

The space battle in episode 21 bring me back to this series, finally some grunt can fight equally with the meisters.

GN-arm is a manned unit, reminds me of the G-defenser from Zeta.

G-defensor and Skygrasper...the manned-control unit probably detaches when the bulk of it attaches to Exia.

I believe the producers or director of 00 has already stated categorically that Saji will never pilot, he has other things to do. What'll be amusing is if Lockon Stratos' twin brother Lockoff Subterraneo subs in as pilot for Dynames. :lol: (Yes I'm a fan of bad puns)

NewType spoilers:

Ep 23 :-

Piloting the Throne Zwei from the Thrones, Ali is strong enough to treat Setsuna as his plaything. In the heat of the battle, the 4 Meisters recieve some new gifts. The price they pay for it was indeed an equivalent trade. Setsuna randevous with the Ptolemaios and return to space with the Fleets of the Powers under the UN hot on their trail. And now the Warriors from Powers and CBs makes their wills for a final confrontation

Ep 24 :-

The Powers form an alliance under the UN Flag. Their weapons, the 30 GN-X. A gift they recieve from a mysterious party, powered by the same GN Drives as the Thrones. And thus they are able to stand up to the Gundams. With a pilot such as Soma Peries, the GN-X out perform the Gundams. Outmatched by the GN-X, The Meisters are now forced into a corner, battered. But still they fight on. In their Twilight hours, the fires of Setsuna, Allelujah, Tieria and even Lockon's kept on shining bright in the darkness.

Ep 25 :-

Lifeforce dissipate in the midst of Space with Ships sinking and MS Exploding. Towards the end of the battle, Setsuna, in an attempt to prove his faith to the world, makes a final desperate attack.

Some notes and some things to look forward to in Season 2:

From Miszushima's interview :-

Ep 23-25 shows the "Price" the meisters had to pay.

Season 1 showcases total destruction.

From Producer Iketani

Season 2 will feature new characters and mechs.

CB has the means to fix Al's head right. But for some reason, they don't.

Tieria has his links with Veda severed. It's not something Tieria can fix or anybody else can.

Sumeragi isn't saved by Billy. And Al seems to have vanished.

The characters will bear permanent scars from the fighting in Ep 23-25

And Lockon looking cool.

NewType spoilers:

Ep 23 :-

Piloting the Throne Zwei from the Thrones, Ali is strong enough to treat Setsuna as his plaything. In the heat of the battle, the 4 Meisters recieve some new gifts. The price they pay for it was indeed an equivalent trade. Setsuna randevous with the Ptolemaios and return to space with the Fleets of the Powers under the UN hot on their trail. And now the Warriors from Powers and CBs makes their wills for a final confrontation

Ep 24 :-

The Powers form an alliance under the UN Flag. Their weapons, the 30 GN-X. A gift they recieve from a mysterious party, powered by the same GN Drives as the Thrones. And thus they are able to stand up to the Gundams. With a pilot such as Soma Peries, the GN-X out perform the Gundams. Outmatched by the GN-X, The Meisters are now forced into a corner, battered. But still they fight on. In their Twilight hours, the fires of Setsuna, Allelujah, Tieria and even Lockon's kept on shining bright in the darkness.

Ep 25 :-

Lifeforce dissipate in the midst of Space with Ships sinking and MS Exploding. Towards the end of the battle, Setsuna, in an attempt to prove his faith to the world, makes a final desperate attack.

Some notes and some things to look forward to in Season 2:

From Miszushima's interview :-

Ep 23-25 shows the "Price" the meisters had to pay.

Season 1 showcases total destruction.

From Producer Iketani

Season 2 will feature new characters and mechs.

CB has the means to fix Al's head right. But for some reason, they don't.

Tieria has his links with Veda severed. It's not something Tieria can fix or anybody else can.

Sumeragi isn't saved by Billy. And Al seems to have vanished.

The characters will bear permanent scars from the fighting in Ep 23-25

And Lockon looking cool.

Lockon is still alive. Yeah. B))