Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

Upcoming episode descriptions. Take 'em as you will.

Newtype

Ep 19 - Bonds

The 3 mysterious siblings called "Trinity" have forced the common people into the conflict with their new Gundams the "Thrones". Setsuna concludes that they are simply "disguising as protectors", and moves out in Exia alone. Turned off by the Thrones, Tiera is forced to overcome his dislike of Setsuna and cooperate with him against them. As the leader of Trinity, Johan, decides to escape, a shocking fact is unveiled at that moment.

Ep 20 - The Blade of Revolution

The 3 superpowers in the world - Union, HRL and AEU - are given information by a mysterious individual. This information proves disasterous for Celestial Being. The 3 superpowers form a common military alliance based on this information to carry out the objective of "Defeating the Gundams". The world is finally united against a common foe - the Gundams.

Ep 21 - The Path of Destruction

The world has united into one, this is the desire of Celestial Being. But it is a unity that seeks to drive Celestial Being out of the world. Why do I exist? While Tiera is troubled, Lockon provides much needed encouragement and they grow closer together. The enemy alert sounds at this moment. The world's united military force has began their mission to eliminate the Gundams from existance.

Ep 22 - Trans Am

The world is no longer interested in the capture of the Gundams, but instead seek to destroy them completely. Against the assault of the united military force of the world's armies, even the Thrones are forced into a defensive position. The situation is an extreme disadvatage. But even then, Setsuna's eyes do not lose their sparkle...

Animedia

Ep 19 - Bonds

Realising that the Thrones are sowing the seeds of war by dragging civilians into the conflict, Setsuna dispatches in Exia to face them alone. In a 3 against 1 battle, as Setsuna is outnumbered, Tiera sharing his ideals decides to rescue him. Meanwhile, Lockon who didn't stop Setsuna from taking off in the first place decides to join the battle as well, creating a 3 Gundam formation against the Thrones. Johan, seeing no reason to fight against Gundam comrades, decides to flee the scene, but as he does he reveals a shocking truth to Lockon.

Ep 20 - The Blade of Revolution

The 3 factions dedicated to capturing the Gundams come to grips with "that information" which they have all received, and decide to form a military alliance. The actions of the Thrones have united the world under the believe that the Gundams are the "absolute evil". Setsuna watched the world change with mixed feelings. The Thrones' Gundam Meisters launch a frenzied assault on the HRL's bases, but there they find an unexpected level of support troops exist.

Ep 21 - The Path of Destruction

Faced with the situation of the world changing their stance from capture to complete annihilation of the Gundams, Sumeragi moves to prepare a counter for the emergancy situation. Meanwhile, Lockon speaks to Tiera, who is troubled by his doubt on his own significance and of matters concerning Veda. Celestial Being slowly comes to terms with the situation little by little. But at that moment, the alarms sound indicating an enemy attack. The world's military forces have launched an all out attack aimed at taking out Celestial Being once and for all.

Ep 22 - Trans Am

Setsuna and the team get out of their predicament with help of Sumeragi's strategy and new weapon equipment, but the price they paid is too high. The Gundams are now seem as targets for destruction instead of capture. Against the might of the world's army targeting Celestial Being, even the Thrones fall back, but the sparkle in Setsuna's eyes do not disappear...

Hey Guys and Gals!

I've been watching the 00 episodes and I was wondering if you guys can provide some insights on some inquiries.

Are the Meisters pilots as good as Kira, Shinn or Amuro? All four of them got worked on eps 15.

Was Gundam Seed Destiny too unrealistic?

I get excited when new armored suits are introduced.

For me, I still consider the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam with Kira as pilot to be the strongest suit. What do you guys think?

Edited by doodler7

Are the Meisters pilots as good as Kira, Shinn or Amuro? All four of them got worked on eps 15.

I don't see a point in comparing, each pilot is good in their own way.

My answer, I wish we could take the film negatives and all things related to making Destiny and throw it into the inferno of hell....that was a HORRIBLE show. Besides your questions to vague, Gundam is unrealisitic in general yo :p

get excited when new armored suits are introduced

:mellow: uh huh..... :unsure:

For me, I still consider the ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam with Kira as pilot to be the strongest suit. What do you guys think?

Sure, who wouldn't pick a suit that has god like abilities and piloted by a brat?

I quite enjoyed watching SEED, and I actually thought Destiny was better. However, both shows are hollow on the inside, trying very hard to be something they can't - which is the original Gundam series. 00 is an improvement in that its going in its own direction; I don't like every element of 00 but the series background is much more developed than anything we saw in SEED. The other trouble I have with SEED is that Tomino had already shown how to take Gundam in new directions without betraying the spirit of the original, and that was Turn-A. And we hated him for it (until actually seeing Turn-A), and got SEED as a result... :rolleyes:

Apples and oranges.

Unrealistic? When has any anime been realistic? :blink:

I find it very pointless to compare MSs from various Gundam productions. Not to mention in a Gundam 00-specific thread.

Yeah, well alright....how about the fascination with teens piloting these gundams and evas and all other mechs. At that age the "brat" aspect will always be present.

Wow, Seed is that horrible to some of you huh?

I never found the aspect of teens piloting gundams attractive unless the storyline explained it. In 0079's case it's because experinced soldiers were getting killed and the war was esclating to the point the drafting age got younger. Similar situation with Macross.

In EVA, I don't think it's explained but there was a reason underaged teens to pilot them.

But yeah, I hated Destiny, it could of been good and was for a while, but it just went so down hill.

I never found the aspect of teens piloting gundams attractive unless the storyline explained it. In 0079's case it's because experinced soldiers were getting killed and the war was esclating to the point the drafting age got younger. Similar situation with Macross.

In EVA, I don't think it's explained but there was a reason underaged teens to pilot them.

But yeah, I hated Destiny, it could of been good and was for a while, but it just went so down hill.

in EVA, only kids born during sometime near the 2nd impact (who are the last generation of humans born because after that conception was impossible) were potential EVA pilots. Everyone in Shinji's class were pilot candidates. Yui Ikari, Shinji's mom could pilot the EVA due to some genetic thingy though.

For Gundam 00, only kid pilots so far are Nina, Setsuna and that enhanced human girl. For Setsuna he was probably selected for his upbringing. Nina...nobody knows what the Trinity siblings' agenda is.

Anyway on Ep 18, more revealed on Team Trinity that they are just Gundam "Bootlegs". The question now is, was the Haro left on the abandoned ship purposely left there by CB and Veda to be part of the grand scheme of things? Is Veda now useless since its data seems to have been compromised by Nina. (I lol-ed that Triela got a shock that he can't access his lover computer) And there seems to be a super computer that rivals Veda, named Ragna/Lagna, probably a reference to Ragnarok? (groan....again?)

Edited by wolfx

i enjoyed the episode as well. the series took a couple turns for the worse in some earlier episodes, but this episode was definitely a good one. i esp. liked the hospital scene. very dramatic.

This series just gets better and better. Graham is my new favorite pilot. Someone needs to get this man a Gundam or at least a machine that is equal in technology. He could very well take a number of the current gundam pilots all at once at the rate he's going. He's at the point now, in terms of overall character, he's on the level of Char and Zechs. At least that's the feeling I'm getting when I read people talking about him and I can't disagree. I have to say I think he's now the top pilot in the series but Setsuna's upcoming battle could change that.

The scene with Louise and Saji was great drama wise. I like the characters and I never cared for the Trinitys but I dislike them even more after what Neena did. I can't wait till she is killed.

This series just gets better and better. Graham is my new favorite pilot. Someone needs to get this man a Gundam or at least a machine that is equal in technology. He could very well take a number of the current gundam pilots all at once at the rate he's going. He's at the point now, in terms of overall character, he's on the level of Char and Zechs. At least that's the feeling I'm getting when I read people talking about him and I can't disagree. I have to say I think he's now the top pilot in the series but Setsuna's upcoming battle could change that.

The scene with Louise and Saji was great drama wise. I like the characters and I never cared for the Trinitys but I dislike them even more after what Neena did. I can't wait till she is killed.

I initially thought that the three new gundams was too many, but the storyline is getting better, looking at the spoilers that was posted, I'll actually be sorry (I think) when this show goes on hiatus.

We'll have to wait to see how things are handled, they're building up a nice sense of mystery, I just hope they keep it up. The plan hopefully won't be more secret dictator type stuff.

As for the Trinity, I'm starting to like them actually, nice psycho villains, a bit of a reminder of the three EA pilots in SEED, except they might last longer. Glad to see they're just on strings, but I'd like to see the puppet master soon, may be at the end of the season as the suspense build for next season.

I haven't commented in a while. Having seen 18, I agree that this show has improved considerably. Most of the characters I've warmed up too, and the addition of the Gundam Thrones really helps push things forward. Thankfully, the "Wing remake" rumors were sadly mistaken.

The last few episodes, especially, were great. I agree that Graham has become a very noble character. Heck, while I never cared or Louise and Saji, even i was shaken up a bit by what happened to her. Before they felt rather pointless, but thanks to the Thrones, they've been put to great effect. Finally it's moved away from a Gundam slaughter fest. Maybe they can salvage Tiera for me as well. Though that one characters death came in the most generic of times.

I was rather shocked by Nena's actions, though it was hinted that she was more of kilter than Johan. Love or or hate her, she's definitely going to be interesting.

Oh, and I can easily say I enjoy this way more than SEED. The look early on made it feel similar, but from the superior character and mecha designs, to the much more engaging (if slow to develop early on) plot, it beats SEED hands down in my book. though, to be fair, I've only seen about ten episodes of SEED, and a handful of Destiny. 00's just way more appealing to my tastes in Gundam though. It's not perfect, but it keeps improving.

Fortunately, Code Geass will make the season 3 wait bearable.

for me this series has once again achieved shiznit status. it might not necessarily be the best gundam series, especially for the fanboy, but it is definitely a better anime series than any other gundam. in other words, it doesn't have the cool characters (char), rivalries (char v. amuro) or ms (anything UC post OYW and pre F91) that other gundam series have, but it has incredible, incredible screenwriting. far beyond any other gundam series and a lot of other anime series as well. it's not perfect, it's had its low points and there are a few cheesy moments. in fact, it's still possible for the writers and directors to screw this up. hopefully they don't because right now i am really impressed with this show. with the last 2 shows and the arrival of the thrones, i don't think anyone could make the claim that this series lacks a plot now.

omg!!!! what the hell was that huge hidden stash of gn drives doing in antarctica!!? the playing field looks to get even indeed. and that CB observer from the UN.. what is he up to? could he be a possible future villain? and tieria, i still have this feeling that he's an android.

Edited by cyde01

Nice episode, except the unneeded Louisse-music-video-as-if-she's-dead.

And a shame really considering CB was reallll close to achieving peace but got betrayed in the end. And now out of nowhere out appears a buncha GN Drives. Yare yare. Let the model kits onslaught begin.

I agree about the music video, but OTOH, it seemed to point out that someone will be looking to get even with the Gundams for ruining his & her future together. ;)

Oh, and about the last scene on this episode...

Question is whether these are real GN drives or fake ones, like the ones the Thrones use.

Edited by godfather

Oh, and about the last scene on this episode...

Question is whether these are real GN drives or fake ones, like the ones the Thrones use.

Judging by the red emissions, those would be all GN Tau drives (or pseudo-GN drives, if you prefer that name)

Here's a theory. If TRIAL SYSTEM is able to control any gundam/mobile suit connected to Veda, and assuming that to use GN Drives there will be a hidden link with Veda.....I can see a Scholenberg "JUST AS PLANNED" moment when he activates the TRIAL SYSTEM and controls ALL the MS in the world to destroy Earth, the true aim of Celestial Being.

Judging by the red emissions, those would be all GN Tau drives (or pseudo-GN drives, if you prefer that name)

what the hell is a TD blanket anyway??

Here's a theory. If TRIAL SYSTEM is able to control any gundam/mobile suit connected to Veda, and assuming that to use GN Drives there will be a hidden link with Veda.....I can see a Scholenberg "JUST AS PLANNED" moment when he activates the TRIAL SYSTEM and controls ALL the MS in the world to destroy Earth, the true aim of Celestial Being.

Or worse. To control it ...

Is that what those things were....? ^_^;;;;

Things are getting interesting, though I diagree that the writing is that good. It still has a ways to go in chara development and does pull the usual cliches. ("CB's true purpose is.....!!!!!! BOOM")

ok fine. i'm not saying that the writing for gundam 00 is that good. i'm saying the writing for most other anime shows including gundam shows is that bad.

I disagree there too, but to each their own. Nothing personal. 00 is interesting, and handles its faults better as it progresses. At least they've ditched the pointless characters for now. Now that Saji and Louise have been handled, maybe it's time they salvage Marina. At least, when they pull her back in.

It does have rivalries too, it's just going low key on them for now. Heck, the 2nd OP sequence highlights them. Though the main one is a bit more personal than most. Speaking of which, what happened to Patrick anyway? he fell off the face of the earth, it seems.

I'm glad that Gundam now have their rival (throne siblings),

the scene where Virtue perform striptease and stunned the thrones are hilarious

I think that Lockdown is gonna bite the dust soon.

Another uber Gundam appear:

From Gunota:

Gundam 00

GN-X - New model MS equipped with a GN Drive, 10 of which were each given to the Union, AEU, and HRL. First appearing in episode 20,

the HRL's 10 GN-Xs repel the 3 Gundam Thrones

. Design by Kanetake Ebikawa