Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

This week was kind-of a filler. But there's lots of politics in this episode.

- HRL declares CB a "terrorist organization"

- Union and AEU take no stance yet

- Marina's aid considers using CB to fix their own country

- Union pretty much uses CB to force Taribia into a bad situation. CB attacks the country, forcing them to accept aid from the Union...

Nyoro~n Subs defends themselves with everything they got to the point of telling people to grow the hell up and get a life and to stop flaming them for the mistakes they had acknowledged, and their reasons for not releasing a Version2, which in my opinion makes sense on why they wouldn't.

As I've been told previously by a friend, "There is no real correct translation from one language into english...think how hard it is for someone to go to Japanese, to Chinese and then to English...that's why we get so many messed up bootlegs" and I tend to agree.

I think if some groups took their time and didn't have a 24 hour release......they'd probably do a better job in their translations, spell checking, and effects for the karokes or whatever.

Still, sor tof surprised to not see ANYONE has released episode 4 yet.

There may be no correct translation but there is definately a correct context. You don't translate something like "I'm gonna drink some coffee" into "I'm gonna go pour this coffee on my head"

just watched episode 4. i like the series so far but man, using real world conflicts is really controversial. they're gonna have a hard time marketing this outside of japan. can u imagine cartoon network airing this in NA if celestial being wipes out a fleet of American (Union) military units?

spoiler: i like that this series is controversial and is in a real world setting with military conflicts from the real world. but what is up with celestial being exclusively attacking Venezuela ("taribia") and not any of the American forces. they did so even before the conflict began, even tho they're supposed to be the ones that break up conflict. they explain their reasons for this, but i thought the explanation was a little weak. anyway, it looks to me like the logical next step in the story would be aeu and the reform league accusing union of being behind celestial being. the reform league lost many soldiers in the ceylon attack and aeu was attacked on it's own soil with the destruction of the Inact and destruction of military units it was not supposed to have under treaty. meanwhile, celestial being retreats from union forces in venezuela. at this point celestial being is gonna appear biased towards the union from the aeu and reform league's point of view, especially because they would not know about the 1st fight between exia and graham.

Edited by cyde01

Well Nyoron has joined forces with Zeonic Corp, maybe it'll get better now? I'll continue giving them a shot, mostly cause Mendoi's files are to large for me to download

I'm going with Nyoron too. Bad subs suck, but not as much as some subbers stubborn insistence on using mkv files. Avi files play on my DVD player, so I'm stuck going with whoever releases avis.

They did release a second version of episode 3 that was much better, so maybe...

Edited by mikeszekely

I'm going with Nyoron too. Bad subs suck, but not as much as some subbers stubborn insistence on using mkv files. Avi files play on my DVD player, so I'm stuck going with whoever releases avis.

.mkv is just a container format. The video is Xvid or DivX with additional audio streams (if included) and subtitle streams (if included). You can convert a .mkv file to dvd (or avi), but you will need to re-encode the appropriate streams.

They did release a second version of episode 3 that was much better, so maybe...

Mendoi does offer .avi versions, I replaced all my Nyoron ones with mendoi's over the weekend and they work just fine.

.mkv is just a container format. The video is Xvid or DivX with additional audio streams (if included) and subtitle streams (if included). You can convert a .mkv file to dvd (or avi), but you will need to re-encode the appropriate streams.

Back when IGLOO was just fansubs, I tried to re-encode it. I had no trouble getting an avi with the audio and video streams, but could never figure out how to keep the subtitles.

Doesn't matter, Mendoi may release the .avi last but it's not that much of a wait.

Speaking of which, having just watched 04 I think Bandai is on to a real winner with this series, the politics are actually interesting & clearly explained for those of us who have trouble with following political movements whilst not being boring.

And next week sees the first character episode, not to mention how gorgeous it all looks & sounds. B))

It might be blasphemous for me to say that this gundam series is the most awesome to date. If it were up to me, I wished they just made another name for this anime with different looking mecha to distinguish itself from Gundam.

This Gundam actually makes politics interesting not that I don't think politics is boring, but it's not executed well in a lot of animes. Just as a notion Sumeragi looks HOT in her normal clothing ;) !!! If done right this could be the gundam that breaks the tie and redeems the franchise. One can hope right?

I know it's still very early, but so far it just feels too Wingy to me. Mind you I love pretty much all Gundam, Wing included, I was hoping that with the choice in director's, there would be something a tad more unique about this series. Hopefully something will happen before the midpoint to distinguish the series.

And damn, Setsuna really looks like Hikaru in certain shots, the scarf dosn't help, since it looks like Hikaru's uniform. Add to that the China dress chick, and I think this show is in serious need of a Misa.

And damn, Setsuna really looks like Hikaru in certain shots, the scarf dosn't help, since it looks like Hikaru's uniform. Add to that the China dress chick, and I think this show is in serious need of a Misa.

I can't possibly be the only who sees the connection!

Wang Riu Mei in Chinese dress screams bootl...er, I meant homage to Lynn Minmay... (Thankfully she moved on to an attire more suitable for her looks)

And the Kung Fu outfitted Hong Long (literally red dragon in Chinese) seems like blatant cheap knock-off / parody of Little White Dragon Kaifun (a la Dan Hibiki on Ryo and Robert).

Edited by John Focker

You guys are all crazy. I mean, yeah, it is too early to say for sure... but so far, this series has dysfunctional kids piloting Gundams more boring and uninspired than SEED's for reasons that still aren't clear. I mean, we know what Celestial Being wants, but we know next to nothing about the people in Celestial Being. What exactly about this series am I supposed to like?

I like the plot and the overall universe so far. Like someone said earlier, the politics are interesting too: personnally, I think it gives to this show a sense of realism which reminds me of SDF in some ways

I agree the pace is slow though, similarly to Code Geass which was also rather calm at the beginning but slowly and surely came to this crescendo that I love and makes me die for the second season: if 00 works just half as well, I will not have lost my time watching it

On the other hand, and because it looks a lot like Wing, I do not put aside that I may be strongly disappointed...

Bipolar is the wrong word, as it describes either a personality trait, or temporary symptomatic character.

Allelujah's mental ailment is referred to as

schizophrenia

They kept that quiet, there's been no allusions to it that I've seen.

I wonder if each pilot has

their own particular mental illness.

:lol:

They kept that quiet, there's been no allusions to it that I've seen.

I would consider Allelujah's condition explicitly stated, although it was through animation rather than done verbally.

Viewers may or may not have noticed that after he sensed Soma and bent down due to severe headache, he clearly had his hair brushed to a different side, speaking with a different tone of voice as if someone else, had a different pupil color when he came back up, and made cruelly sarcastic remarks.

Then after experiencing the childhood flashback of being stranded in space, he changed his hair back to the way it was, sounded sincerely sympathetic, and made the completely opposite decision of launching for rescue.

With the eye heterochromatism, sudden changes of stance and hair side *hint hint*, I would say the director could not have made it any more obvious.

Edited by John Focker

Bipolar is the wrong word, as it describes either a personality trait, or temporary symptomatic character.

Allelujah's mental ailment is referred to as

schizophrenia

schizophrenia

. doesn't really cause the symptoms that you've described in your other post. That sounds pretty much like

multiple personality disorder

which is quite different as it doesn't involve hallucinations and inability to distinguish between reality and the auditory/visual hallucinations.

i think eugimon nailed it.

clearly when allelujah's gentle personality starts talking to himself, he refers to himself as "hallelujah." i think allelujah has a split personality, with allelujah being the gentle personality and hallelujah being the angry, murderous one. also, in the flashback, hallelujah asks allelujah to kill hallelujah. must admit though i didn't think we'd see newtype like abilities in this series.

schizophrenia

. doesn't really cause the symptoms that you've described in your other post. That sounds pretty much like

multiple personality disorder

which is quite different as it doesn't involve hallucinations and inability to distinguish between reality and the auditory/visual hallucinations.

Makes good sense, I stand corrected. :)

i think eugimon nailed it.

clearly when allelujah's gentle personality starts talking to himself, he refers to himself as "hallelujah." i think allelujah has a split personality, with allelujah being the gentle personality and hallelujah being the angry, murderous one. also, in the flashback, hallelujah asks allelujah to kill hallelujah. must admit though i didn't think we'd see newtype like abilities in this series.

Now try speaking out loud what you typed! :)

I would consider Allelujah's condition explicitly stated, although it was through animation rather than done verbally.

Viewers may or may not have noticed that after he sensed Soma and bent down due to severe headache, he clearly had his hair brushed to a different side, speaking with a different tone of voice as if someone else, had a different pupil color when he came back up, and made cruelly sarcastic remarks.

Then after experiencing the childhood flashback of being stranded in space, he changed his hair back to the way it was, sounded sincerely sympathetic, and made the completely opposite decision of launching for rescue.

With the eye heterochromatism, sudden changes of stance and hair side *hint hint*, I would say the director could not have made it any more obvious.

Or it could be that I haven't watched episode 5 yet and I meant there had been no hints in previous episodes. Again,none that I had noticed.