Macross Plus Remaster Box /Macross 7 TV/OVA

jet660

That's...that's just beautiful, man. I cried at the sheer, sublime poetry of it...

:rolleyes:

I don't know what my favorite part is... the part where the fans are yelling "c'mon! strip!!" or maybe the "Bombard! Hear me sing!!" I had to wrap up on a high note regardless. If I'm reading the index correctly it's credited to a single of "Holy Lonely Night."

:rolleyes:

I don't know what my favorite part is... the part where the fans are yelling "c'mon! strip!!" or maybe the "Bombard! Hear me sing!!" I had to wrap up on a high note regardless. If I'm reading the index correctly it's credited to a single of "Holy Lonely Night."

I don't think I can quote my favorite part...but it involves Gamlin saying the last thing I would ever expect him to say... (although "C'mon! strip!!") is up there...

And I don't think there WAS a Holy Lonely Light single*...so I wonder where it was from...the only comic I know of that came with an M7 CD was the one that came with English Fire...but I kind of doubt that this is that one...

*And I should know. I spent several agonizing weeks transferring ALL the information in the "audio" section of the old Macross Compendium to the new one (except the Zero and Froniter audio...someone beat me to those).

I don't think I can quote my favorite part...but it involves Gamlin saying the last thing I would ever expect him to say... (although "C'mon! strip!!") is up there...

And I don't think there WAS a Holy Lonely Light single*...so I wonder where it was from...the only comic I know of that came with an M7 CD was the one that came with English Fire...but I kind of doubt that this is that one...

*And I should know. I spent several agonizing weeks transferring ALL the information in the "audio" section of the old Macross Compendium to the new one (except the Zero and Froniter audio...someone beat me to those).

This is from the back of the book...

P16, P17

ミユージッククリップ 「HOLY LONELY NIGHT」

イラスト (illustration credits): (Kanji I can't type yet... lemme try to figure it out)

Assuming I typed all the katakana correctly (looks right) the only other thing I can really correlate it to is something like an art installation? Any help would be appreciated...

This is from the back of the book...

P16, P17

ミユージッククリップ 「HOLY LONELY NIGHT」

イラスト (illustration credits): (Kanji I can't type yet... lemme try to figure it out)

Assuming I typed all the katakana correctly (looks right) the only other thing I can really correlate it to is something like an art installation? Any help would be appreciated...

Excellent!! I've been looking for this thing for ages. It was a manga used in the music video for the live version of Holy Lonely Light, featuring Hummingbird (a "music clip" is a promo video, basically). In the oiginal video, it was superimposed over images of the band playing while the camera zoomed around everywhere. I've always wanted to try to track down where this thing came from. You can find the video as an extra on volume one of the normal DVD release, not sure where they've put it in the new remastered box set, but I'm sure it's in there. In any case, you can download it from iMacross and Macrosshare.

Excellent!! I've been looking for this thing for ages. It was a manga used in the music video for the live version of Holy Lonely Light, featuring Hummingbird (a "music clip" is a promo video, basically). In the oiginal video, it was superimposed over images of the band playing while the camera zoomed around everywhere. I've always wanted to try to track down where this thing came from. You can find the video as an extra on volume one of the normal DVD release, not sure where they've put it in the new remastered box set, but I'm sure it's in there. In any case, you can download it from iMacross and Macrosshare.

ahhhh... much appreciated Renato. I never really did watch the Fire Bomber/Hummingbird music videos, I'm going to have to hunt some of them down. Honestly, I didn't know what to make of that manga when I first saw it. Kind of makes me feel like I need some mescaline to really appreciate it  :blink:

Gubaba - There's so many choice Gamlin quotes in there I can't even pick one. I'm a big fan of when his partner tells him "you're one bad dude." though. I like the Gamlin/Mylene wedding picture better, albeit far from being definitive.

Finally found the VIP release. It definitely does blow the CA version away. Though i should mention that they aren't the worst. The old VHS fansub rips looked like crap thanks to poor ripping and old, lousy codecs of the day. CA was a god send. It even looks like Bandai skipped the EE they slathered over everything else. Though it does look a bit more digital than a cel animated series should. No biggie I guess.

My one qualm is their laziness in not correcting the aspect ratio. As someone who's encoded DVDs before, adding a script to force 640x480 is not hard (takes maybe 1/5 of a second). Thank goodness for the MPC's ratio controls. Though looks like they fixed it, upon viewing episode 15.

Screen caps later.

Thanks for the scans!

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus