The MW Automotive Thread 3.0

All these car vs jet tests lately. I'll put anything up against the YF-23. The car would win for about the first 10 secs...

PS---"The Reventón’s design – entirely designed by the Centro Stile Lamborghini and perfected down to the finest detail in close collaboration with Lamborghini’s R and D management - drew its inspiration from the world’s fastest aircraft in modern aviation"

What plane are they talking about? I can provide a LONG list of planes faster than the F-22.

I'm still not against owning an Opel GT (of course the Opel badges are what mine would have on if i ever bought one), but i've never been a fan of flame paint in any capacity, even when it looks good it's still tacky. I'm surprised they didn't get more juice out of the motor, it's cast iron block and direct injected, there are so many companies pushing almost 400 with no internal modification, they could've easily pushed the motor more.

I'm still not against owning an Opel GT (of course the Opel badges are what mine would have on if i ever bought one), but i've never been a fan of flame paint in any capacity, even when it looks good it's still tacky. I'm surprised they didn't get more juice out of the motor, it's cast iron block and direct injected, there are so many companies pushing almost 400 with no internal modification, they could've easily pushed the motor more.

The power seems pretty good for a car that size. Considering the regular Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice makes 177 (flywheel) horsepower. . .

The power seems pretty good for a car that size. Considering the regular Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice makes 177 (flywheel) horsepower. . .

That's a completely different motor (2.4L NA POS), the motor this company is bumping up to 293HP already comes out the gate with 260HP (Ecotec 2.0L Turbo/Intercooled cast iron block aluminum direct injected head), which makes the gain pretty crappy IMO.

That's a completely different motor (2.4L NA POS), the motor this company is bumping up to 293HP already comes out the gate with 260HP (Ecotec 2.0L Turbo/Intercooled cast iron block aluminum direct injected head), which makes the gain pretty crappy IMO.

How about the rest of the car's driveline? Is there a warranty offered? :lol:

If Nissan's claims are true, the new GT-R is half a second quicker than that new Aston Martin. If so, then it looks like the 600bhp V-12 engine is a bit of a waste if a turboed v-6 has better acceleration.

Its probably the 4wd that makes that half-sec difference on take-off.

But once the cars are up to speed, say 40mph to 100mph, the 600bhp Aston should smoke the GT-R (esp. since the GT-R is heavier).

So what're we talking about here, advanced sound deadening, heavier suspension and drivetrain pieces, stronger framework, miles more worth of electrical equipment, stuff like that?

So what're we talking about here, advanced sound deadening, heavier suspension and drivetrain pieces, stronger framework, miles more worth of electrical equipment, stuff like that?

Sound proofing, Sat nav systems, 24 way electric seats, heated windows/mirrors/seats, climate control, airbags all over the sides, 14 speakers + 2 subwoofers, electric rear head rests, electric tilt/slide/flip sun/moonroofs, variable geometry rear spoilers/diffusers, 20 inch rims,auto levelling and swivelling headlamps etc etc These all add up to a significant few hundred kilos.

Plus the fact that the cars got wider and longer.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

Well, I guess my mullet and I just don't get the need for all of that stuff... ^_^

Edited by myk

Sound proofing, Sat nav systems, 24 way electric seats, heated windows/mirrors/seats, climate control, airbags all over the sides, 14 speakers + 2 subwoofers, electric rear head rests, electric tilt/slide/flip sun/moonroofs, variable geometry rear spoilers/diffusers, 20 inch rims,auto levelling and swivelling headlamps etc etc These all add up to a significant few hundred kilos.

Plus the fact that the cars got wider and longer.

armor, ejection seat... sorry, wrong car. :p

I just wish my car would turn off its head light, have a 6th gear in AT, and oem upgradeable security system.

I've been using polish and cleaner products from Zaino, I've washed and polish my car twice since summer, I'm kinda lazy, and I only did one coat with their AIO polish. I just clean the dirt off with a bucket of water and it looks better then most car around where I live. Read the site to find out more, I highly recommend them.

Hey guys I really need help with this:

Anyone knows where can I get high resolution pic's of all the foose cars? Specially the '69 camaro, the stallion mustang and the barracuda sickfish.

Try . They used to have pics of alot of Chip's cars. The had deals with Foose, and Shelby to make all of his cars (69 camaro, Foose stallion, gt 350SR, gt500E etc.

http://www.uniqueperformanceproducts.com/default.aspx

They recently filed for bankruptcy so they probably haven't updated the website in some time.

Edited by Golden Arms

I like how Nissan is marketing the GT-R worldwide: a supercar for otakus who are well-off in the professional workplace. You can see that in the way the car is presented at shows, as well as in their brochures.

The chief designer of the GT-R even relates it to Gundam (taken from the latest Road & Track article):

Chief Designer Hiroshi Hasegawa said he wanted to create something that would be instantly associated with what he calls "Japanese modern culture." One primary example of this is Japanese anime, and, as it relates to the GT-R, the science-fiction robot, Gundam.

"I wanted to take something like Gundam — a purely mechanical object that moves like a living creature — and instill that quality into the GT-R. We didn't exactly draw direct inspiration from the robot's appearance; we just wanted to make the GT-R look like a living mechanical entity with a distinct Japanese spirit," Hasegawa explained.

He certainly accomplished his goal: Even if you aren't familiar with the now-classic TV series, it's plain to see the robot-ness of the GT-R's styling.

All the cool rich people will buy their BMW M-series, M-B AMGs, Bentleys, Aston Martins, Porsches and Ferraris...whereas the well-paid otaku salarymen will have something to proudly champion as their own.

Some more on the GT-R.

Are those sneaky Nissan chaps underdeclaring hp again? I don't think 1 dyno test is conclusive but it does answer the nagging question of how 480hp is enough to propel 1740kg to a 3.5 sec sprint timing.

Maybe the new gentleman's agreement is at 480-500 hp?

http://www.nissangtrproto.com/

I suppose another way to look at it is that they are being 'honest'. Its the 'real' hp they are declaring.

This was previously discussed on the old Automotive Thread, but I thought I'd bring it up again, because it's just sex on wheels.

2006-Alfa-Romeo-8C-Competizione-Pre-Production-Side-Angle-Tilt-1920x1440.jpg

2006 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione (Pre-Production)

(French)

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione Test Drive (another one in French)

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione Test Drive (German)

Make sure to crank up your speakers. The sound of that engine is priceless.

A month ago, one of my friends told me he bought a brand new Volkswagen Jetta GLi Fahrenheit. Before I got a chance to visit him in Long Beach and test drive it, this happened yesterday:

So I'm in the right lane driving straight when this truck swerves into my lane from the left lane. I slow down because he is not signaling, and it looks as if he is just swerving. To my surprise, he pulls all the way in front of me and I brake. I brake in time but the truck is actually making a sharp left into a gas station! Soon the trailer portion pushes into my door and drags my car forward 20 feet over the curb and up the driveway. Paige and my wife were okay, but were freaking out. There were a lot of witnesses and the cops were there in seconds. I'm not sure how screwed up the car is but both front wheels and drivetrain are thoroughly trashed. The entire left side is smooshed in. Since it was the truck's fault and they have good insurance, hopefully everything works out and I get a vehicle back sooner then later. Happy Holidays all.

post-237-1198435541_thumb.jpg

post-237-1198435562_thumb.jpg

post-237-1198435575_thumb.jpg

post-237-1198435588_thumb.jpg

post-237-1198435603_thumb.jpg