The MW Automotive Thread 3.0

Camaro's getting a HUD? Hmmmmmn. That could be a huge Challenger vs Camaro decider for me. (assuming I have the money and can afford the insurance when my current car's paid off)

Yup, but the last event at Indy this past week mentioned the HUD won't be ready 'till probably 2010.

That is AWEsome.

Anyone happen to have any pictures of what it could look like?

No one's seen a production version Camaro HUD yet...the only one they showed so far was a flash animation...in that it looked just like the Vette's HUD.

I wouldn't put a lot of faith into the seats as they may look nice but if the Corvette is any indication of their seat design then they'll have crummy bolster support and won't keep you snug worth beans.

I think the Falcon is pretty slick looking, it's kind of the anti-muscle car, sleek and modern from the heart to the skin. The G8 and GTO were actually way cooler looking as Holden's IMO, the Pontiac grill fugged them all up, but out of your potential choices, i still say G8 is the clear winner.

I'm also going on the reports of people sitting in them this past week, of which they are reporting it's just as good as the GTO's seats. And being a GTO owner, I can say if they are, then they're probably the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in...I could patrol for nearly 12 hours in my Goat and be comfortable. Same as the G8...the seats are excellent. One small problem...the side bolsters on my GTO and the ones on the G8 "get in the way" of my duty holster and the holster will "indent" the seat because the side bolsters are so prominent. I could wear plain clothes in my new position but I like still wearing my uniform.

Everyone says they like the Monaro and Commodore's styling better but I never felt that way. They always looked too 1st gen Saturn to me that way.

Yup, I'm leaning towards the G8 mostly, though I've never had a 4 door in my life...hard to break old habits.

Edited by Gaijin

• 2 weeks later...

I think they could change the color, it's always red......

This isn't a ferrari .

And this citroen is not ugly @agent ONE, I have seing by far, worst... than that from this brand.

She is a bit much thought.

Top Gear (UK) reviewed it weeks ago... a nice black one too. Apparently its very pretty, sounds nice, but totally pants. (as in no good)

The 8C didn't perform well on that episode for two reasons:

1. Jeremy Clarkson is not a professional driver. His driving style never amounts to the potential of any car he tests on the track.

2. The Power Lap was hampered by heavy rain. Hopefully, they'll get to retest the 8C on a sunny day.

I think they could change the color, it's always red......

This isn't a ferrari .

And this citroen is not ugly @agent ONE, I have seing by far, worst... than that from this brand.

She is a bit much thought.

well, technically, Alfa is owned by Fiat who owns Ferrari... so it's like a distant cousin to Ferrari

This British supercar is powered by a 7 liter GM V8 with an output of 550 bhp. Arash claims that the AF10 can go from 0-60 in 3.8 seconds and a top speed of 204 mph. It does look a lot like the Enzo Ferrari, but with a better front end.

Hmmm....Enzo-lite ? :huh:

"Tastes Great!" "Less filling!"

I just wish to say - for my first post in this thread:

I have never had a car in my life. I don't even have a drivers license :) I have a bike though - the kind with pedals (not a motorbike).

I have driven a car on a few occasions; illegally of course - and in short: I hate stick shift because I don't know how to use it. I love automatic drive because you just put it in drive and go :) That's nice. Europeans are wierd though, or at least Polish people, because the vast majority of them use stick shift and have three pedals and have to do like sixty things in their car to make it go... and they have this wierd view that automatic drive is "dangerous" :o

My folks just bought a new car that has so impressed me, that I'm considering actually geting my license and maybe getting my own car: they got a Toyota p...something starting with a p - but it's a hybrid.

It's awesome. It has cameras in the back so that when you are going in reverse a screen shows you exactly what's behind you and little arrows and red and green lines indicate where to turn and how much space you have before bumping something.

Also, it has an electric engine - so if you go up to 50 km/hr, it runs on the electric engine. When you go faster than 50, the fuel engine kicks in and also serves to charge the electric engine.

Inside, it looks like some futuristic sci-fi car :) It's soooo cool that I just might get my license next year and try to find a similarly super cool car - albeit their car is kinda out of my price range :)

I do have lots of toy cars though :)

And my girlfriend has a car :)

But I mainly travel by bike, foot, tram, bus and metro :)

Pete

I have driven a car on a few occasions; illegally of course - and in short: I hate stick shift because I don't know how to use it. I love automatic drive because you just put it in drive and go :) That's nice. Europeans are wierd though, or at least Polish people, because the vast majority of them use stick shift and have three pedals and have to do like sixty things in their car to make it go... and they have this wierd view that automatic drive is "dangerous" :o

Stick shift isn't so bad. One has not experienced the true joy of driving an automobile, until they have achieved a "perfect" heel-and-toe shift whilst having a go, on their favorite stretch of road. Whether it's in a Ferrari, or a Fiat, 9-tenths driving--while completely subjective for each driver/circumstance--is rather a bit of heaven on Earth... B))

And my girlfriend has a car :)

SWEET!! ^_^

Dodge stuffs a Viper V10 engine in the Challenger to create this beast.

Well, if you're gonna spend big bucks on an "E-body" conversion with a Viper motor, I say go balls-to-the-wall with it...like this one.

post-1488-1225227201_thumb.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

Stick shift isn't so bad. One has not experienced the true joy of driving an automobile, until they have achieved a "perfect" heel-and-toe shift whilst having a go, on their favorite stretch of road. Whether it's in a Ferrari, or a Fiat, 9-tenths driving--while completely subjective for each driver/circumstance--is rather a bit of heaven on Earth...

I completely understand this view in America - because America has beautiful roads that stretch on and on forever, with many lanes and drivers who are, by and large, not crazy.

However - Europe is narrow. REALLY narrow.

And Poland doesn't even have highways :)

We'll see - in order to get my license, I'd have to pass a test on a stick shift (grumble grumble) so I might jest be forced to fall in love with it despite myself... but... for now it's all conjecture (I think that's a word) - since it'll probably not be till next year - at the age of...uh...30...when I finally MAYBE get my license :)

Pete

It's not just Poland, but most of Europe and anywhere else that isn't the United States or Japan that manual transmissions are the norm.

In the US, or at least in my area, it's getting harder and harder to find cars with manual transmissions. When I bought my current car, it took about 2 months to find a manual Sentra. In the end, I wound up buying an SE-R Spec-V.

in short: I hate stick shift because I don't know how to use it. I love automatic drive because you just put it in drive and go :) That's nice. Europeans are wierd though, or at least Polish people, because the vast majority of them use stick shift and have three pedals and have to do like sixty things in their car to make it go... and they have this wierd view that automatic drive is "dangerous"

If you can't drive a stick, you can't drive.

That's what my momma always taught me anyway.

If you can't drive a stick, you can't drive.

That's what my momma always taught me anyway.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I hate automatic transmissions with a passion. Cars without a clutch pedal have no soul at all. Besides, everything's so much better with stick than with automatic - performance, weight, fuel economy, etc.