The MW Automotive Thread 3.0

Meh, the grille opening is somewhat large--looks a bit too Maserati-ish. Looks like there could just as easily be a trident there instead of a prancing horse. Pretty cool otherwise...

Edited by reddsun1

That, my friend, is the famous deaux-cheveau (2CV). One of the great accomplishments of French engineering. *cough*

Ugh, yeah, I want to own a French car like I want VD but it was still an unusual find. One nice thing about Japan is that for the most part every old car you see still running is in REALLY good condition, because of the fees they charge for driving older cars if you want an old one you really want have to want it.

Saw this guy today:

post-22-1211983787_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
that design is pretty but boring and unoriginal, it's already on the streets in the form of the 550/575 Maranello

I've been away for a while now. Someone requested some pics a while ago. They are not very good pics but here you go:

BTW, I installed a front under spoiler, Perrin short antenna, Subaru under-the-seat subwoofer, and Momo Shiftknob.

I have STI springs sitting next to my desk waiting to be installed. I'm still waiting to receive the SPT cat-back which has been delayed. The SPT intake is not out yet. I'm thinking about a short throw shifter, but I'm still not sure about spending any more money. I even stopped collecting Macross due to this new "enthusiast" habit :lol:

I hope you enjoy the poor phone-camera pics.

profile.jpg

Mod08wrx12.jpg

My roomate's STI

5d4adf5949c7.jpg

Shinyback.jpg

pre-redout tails

interior.jpg

Subaru-Momo shift knob.

Edited by vlenhoff

I'm thinking about a short throw shifter, but I'm still not sure about spending any more money. I even stopped collecting Macross due to this new "enthusiast" habit :lol:

Good for you, man. Money's tight for alot of us, but the idea of spending money on something that just sits there all day like a Macross toy doesn't make sense-put it into your car.

Oh, I guess you should change your 'sig line also, lol...

Good for you, man. Money's tight for alot of us, but the idea of spending money on something that just sits there all day like a Macross toy doesn't make sense-put it into your car.

Oh, I guess you should change your 'sig line also, lol...

Well, it's not as if a shift kit does a lot either.

Spend that money on autocross or trackdays... A much more entertaining way to spend money on your car.

I've been away for a while now. Someone requested some pics a while ago. They are not very good pics but here you go:

BTW, I installed a front under spoiler, Perrin short antenna, Subaru under-the-seat subwoofer, and Momo Shiftknob.

I have STI springs sitting next to my desk waiting to be installed. I'm still waiting to receive the SPT cat-back which has been delayed. The SPT intake is not out yet. I'm thinking about a short throw shifter, but I'm still not sure about spending any more money. I even stopped collecting Macross due to this new "enthusiast" habit :lol:

I hope you enjoy the poor phone-camera pics.

very nice!!! bolt ons are meant to be put on one piece at a time, post more pix as you go please. :)

edited to remove to images.

Edited by Vince

Thanks everyone for the complements! It is a very exiting car. Especially when it comes to power slides :) This thing has tons of grip regardless of the skinny tires it comes with. This car has been heavily criticized do to its slightly softer suspension ( a bit of roll, but very controlled roll I must say) which was intended for a better/comfortable ride. The car is "too quiet" so people find themselves going faster than what they think. I personally think the exhaust is not that quiet, but I'm curious. I'm changing the springs and exhaust to find out if it is all that better, hopefully not sacrificing the cars comfy/sporty ride.

I also believe the hatchback shape of the STI does not merit the car's super bad-ass status and abilities. Remember this new STI and WRX have both been re-worked and they have a lower, wider torque band. They all come with standard stability control, EBD, start hill assist(which is freaky if you know how to handle M/T) and plenty of other goodies. Another good thing is you can turn off all the BS, and still drive the car Raw. The new STI is growing on me, but I strongly prefer the old sedan design. The chassis was a bit more in tune in the old one, needless to say, a very good thing. I believe Subaru is going to release a beefed up sedan in about 2 years. If I have the money, I might consider going after that version. It's styling will be very aggressive.

Also Toyota-Subaru are releasing a sports RWD coupe, which might sound appealing. The RWD coupe is going to weight less than 3000lb and it is apparently going to be priced under 20,000.00 USD. It'll carry a horizontally oposed Subaru 2.0 liter engine, which is supposedly going to generate 220 bhp(which sounds uncanny for a 2.0 liter). In other words, this is going to be a little light beast. Subaru will sell this car in the US, while Toyota will limit sales to Japan only. There's a rumored turbo charged AWD version for the US, but I don't even think this is a valid rumor.

It really depends on how the test drive goes when it makes it here in 2011. I love AWD, but we'll see what this little RWD bugger has to offer. This cars are all about handling. Sick handling. That's all I want. At this moment I can care less about luxury. I want speed, handling, and fun.

Again, thanks everyone for the complements.

Today, I received weathertech floor liners and new license plate frames for the REX. The frames make the plates look slimmer without obscuring/blocking them. I'll post pictures of them in the car if guys want to see them. I just don't want to impose, and show too many pictures. Pictures of the exhaust and lowering STI springs will be posted as soon as I can get them installed.

BTW, I want to see some pictures of your cars too! I've only seen a couple.

Also, thanks AreaSeven for the awesome super car pictures you always post in this thread. If I'm not mistaken you're a fan of Jezza/Hamster/May's Top gear... I'm addicted to that show!

Edited by vlenhoff