Luftwaffe VF-1J 1/55

Skull-1

Thanks everyone.

I have an IAF (Israeli Air Force) in build also. Will be finishing all of the previously posted models (exception: Luftwaffe) with luck next week. I just have some decals to do and that's really all.

Now, to answer the question on the paint....

This is a technique I used with ME-262 models back as a kid. I usually use two greens and two grays... I also use three or four grays... It is a blot technique and works very well. On this plane I am using only two grays so far--will test on a boot and decide if I should do more.

It is stunningly simple (I messed up some on this one and will have to probably go back and fix it but no worries).

1) Paint your model with one solid base coat.

2) Take a wide bristle brush and dip in a bottle of your second color.

3) Blot the brush very harshly onto a piece of paper until it stops leaving a solid circle of paint (it will get "wiry" for lack of a better term).

4) Dab the model at random.

5) Repeat.

:)

1) Paint your model with one solid base coat.

2) Take a wide bristle brush and dip in a bottle of your second color.

3) Blot the brush very harshly onto a piece of paper until it stops leaving a solid circle of paint (it will get "wiry" for lack of a better term).

4) Dab the model at random.

5) Repeat.

Awesome!!! Very simple but the final result is amazing ;)

Hope to see your finished mdels/toys soon.

Thanks for the tip!

This was my first stab at it since 1995 so I will have to fix this one some (I think I will redo the right wing for example). However, I did want to at least show you guys what was coming.

Still debating if a second gray or green will go over the top of this. I actually like the two-tone on the Valk--didn't think I would.

Edited by Skull-1

Changed my mind on this one.

It's going to be a VF-1F Wild Weasel. Two Seater. Short nose. :)

Need to find a 1/48 or 1/72 Shrike/Harm Weapon Set.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

LOL

Edited by Skull-1

• 2 weeks later...

Extended nose and paint added... Nose blisters to be moved. Swing bars and other improvements to come.

post-318-1181097258_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull-1

Yeah, not canon.

It will be a VF-1F (which is basically a VF-1D with electronics and other good stuff).

I plan to put HARM, HARPOON, SHRIKE, etc. (modified) under the wings and German Air Force markings on it. Hopefully it will turn out.

I guess I am fresh out of ideas! LOL

IAF Valkyrie coming up next...

Here is the latest.

The pods on the wings are 55mm GU-11 gunpods without the grips. :) Going to add rotary barrels to them.

This is now VF-1F (VF-1D) as opposed to a VF-1J.

More to come.

post-318-1181614177_thumb.jpg

post-318-1181614185_thumb.jpg

post-318-1181614191_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

I have decided to make this a VF-1D (VF-1F) Wild Weasel instead of a J. Got one of the swivel thighs and the other arm installed. I am building this one for Kanata since he has been so kind to donate tons of parts to me over the years... My camera is just not getting it done. It looks clear when I shoot but comes up blurry when I download. Driving me *NUTS*. post-318-0-33537300-1331677526_thumb.jpg The overhead really shows off the aggressive swingbar taper. It makes a ton of difference in the way the Valk looks. They almost appear like they belong there. post-318-0-33044800-1331677555_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-38558900-1331677947_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull-1

Threw on a half completed canopy to make it look better. It is coming along.

post-318-0-57011500-1331678646_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-79591800-1331678781_thumb.jpg

Also redid the intake blisters to drop the shoulders in GERWALK mode...

post-318-0-48551300-1331678731_thumb.jpg

post-318-0-70924600-1331678760_thumb.jpg

Really need to get that other thigh finished. I had two complete sets done that got thrown in the trash. Talk about a pain.

Edited by Skull-1

Thanks guys. The right arm doesn't match the left in the photos because I was experimenting with a different color scheme. I will fix that.

Much left to do on it.

- Canopy

- Nose Blisters

- Swivel Thigh

- Various Filling of Joints and Screw Holes

- Foot Thruster Mod

- Arm Slider Filling

But it is getting there...

The wing mounted magnets are working great. I learned a thing or two doing those.

Edited by Skull-1

You are right about the upper intakes. But that is one of the last things to be done. I am trying to decide if I go with a decal, paint, or pencil shading there. I put the decal on to see how it looks. I am leaning that direction for sure...

Thanks for the compliments.