1/72 Tactical Pod Regult ver 2.0

captain america

Hi everyone.

Well it seems like quite a few people have been asking for this one, so here goes: how many of you would be interested in a heavy-missile variation of my previous Regult model?

Now before you say yes, I'd like to point-out that this particular variant will NOT be a direct re-issue of the previous. In order to accomodate a much higher CG and weight, it will be a revised edition with the following features:

-fixed-pose leg joints for maximum stability

-main pod will be re-engineered, reinforced and as a result, will not have a cockpit.

-unlike version 1.0, I intend for this variant to have marking decals included.

-you will have the option to order the micro-missile ( I hope), or twin heavy-missile variant.

-each model would be priced at $140.00

Also, in the interest of fostering amicable relations, I have included a very crude Q&A that I hope will help explain some of the changes made to this model ^_^

Q: WTF MAN??? How come this F&%# variant doesn't include a cocpit?!?!

A: due to the Missile Regult's ridiculously-high CG and the weight of the missile pods themselves, the 1.0 version's thin pod hull probably would not stand-up well to the extra overhead weight and would most likely deform over time, so I opted for a revision that would keep the model from self-destructing.

Q: you're saying this kit is fixed pose, so that means no YS ball-joints like the last one. Why are you trying to screw us over like that you rat ba$tard???

A: no screwing intended, I assure you. Because of the CG and weight issue I mentioned above, even the best ball-joints would simply collapse under the extra weight of the overhead missile pod. Remember, even the 1.0 model was right on the limit of what the YS ball-joints could tolerate. Retaining the original joints, all while adding a few ounces of weight and a higher CG would be irresponsable on my part. I just want the model to look good and STAY looking good.

Q: will the missiles in the missile pods be removeable?

A: HELL NO! Have you SEEN that miserable little excuse for a twig that mounts the missile cans to the main pod?? It'll be a miracle just to keep the missile cans from bending or breaking off, so I'll be looking to save every possible gram of weight, and even then, the horizontally-mounted pods are still iffy.

Q: *sigh* alright. But at least we get decals this time?

A: yup

...And now that all that's out of the way, who's in?? Anyone?

...Hello?

... :unsure:

hahaha! great FAQ... you can count me in!! I've been itching to get some of your work in my hand

how long will it take for the kits to be done?¿

Once I can justify enough interested parties, about 2-3 weeks to get the masters done and tuned, another 1-1.5 weeks to get the molds done... Say 5 weeks from when I give the green light to the first examples being available.

Capt count me in for one.

I have a request, would you consider making different armored versions of the Zentradi 1/72 figures. I should have bought more than one last time. But I am sure that they had different armor versions.

And capt, we need t start looking at the AJAC's....lol (its been like what three years of my bugging you)...lol

Capt count me in for one.

I have a request, would you consider making different armored versions of the Zentradi 1/72 figures. I should have bought more than one last time. But I am sure that they had different armor versions.

And capt, we need t start looking at the AJAC's....lol (its been like what three years of my bugging you)...lol

I would consider making many things, provided that there would be enough interested parties to make the endeavour worthwhile, same goes for the AJACS aircraft. IIRC, aside from color variations, there was definitely a heavier Zentradi soldier suit (as worn by Kamjin.)

John you know where this will lead for me....

One Glaug and then Ill have to get the others. :)

THe Zent troops would be a nice thing too, Maybe at some point consider doing some sort of groundcrew/troop group set thing.

This is gonna be one big chunk 'O' Resin.

I'll be in for one at least, most probably one of each depending on funds at the time of completion.

I'm definitely in. If it was anyone besides you tackling this kit, I would be worried. You bring up the points of the higher center of gravity and the very narrow missile pod attachments but since you've tackled these issues, I'm in.

I'm definitely in.

I'M IN!!!!!!!

Also, considering that the Standard Regult, and the Large & Small Missile Regult have the same main body, if you make these 3 variants, I'll purchase one kit of each variant ;)

THIS PROYECT WILL BE THE BEST!!!

hmmm...I got an interesting question, if I buy an extra one, could I build this without the heavy missile add-ons and be just a regular Regult?

Not entirely: the beanie cap atop the Regult pod will have to be modified in order to mount the missile pods instead of the dual guns, but yes, aside from that, the structure of the regults is identical.

Not entirely: the beanie cap atop the Regult pod will have to be modified in order to mount the missile pods instead of the dual guns, but yes, aside from that, the structure of the regults is identical.

Shoot John, How simple is this for you? I mean just 3 piece rework to the beanie cap. THe cap and 2 guns and you can market a whole other Kit? I would think about it. People, including myself would buy another kit. Heck you already have me for 4! :D 2 small and 2 heavy.

Ranger565

I'm interested in 1 of each at least. I'm in the middle of changing jobs so please put me at the end of the list since I'm unemployed at the moment.

People, including myself would buy another kit

I'm interested in 1 of each at least

That's right, to make the 3 variations will multiplying the number of purchases, making it a more successfull proyect.

So, I repeat: 3 versions, 3 kits for me. B))

Hi Carl.

I'll start out with the missile-carrier version for now, but if there's demand later on, it would certainly be doable to offer the Regult minus the missile pod, and throw-in the standard double-gun beanie cap. Cheaper too.

Depending on what the costing is, I'll see if I can include some brass rod with the kit to strengthen the knee joints; since those are the most vulnerable.

Hi Carl.

I'll start out with the missile-carrier version for now, but if there's demand later on, it would certainly be doable to offer the Regult minus the missile pod, and throw-in the standard double-gun beanie cap. Cheaper too.

Depending on what the costing is, I'll see if I can include some brass rod with the kit to strengthen the knee joints; since those are the most vulnerable.

Hey John thats cool, I think whatever you decided to do here will be a wonderful product. I am intreagued on how you going to work out the Missile pods for the top. I think its going to be something very nice in the end.

...Glaug?

Sorry my bad

:rolleyes:

Am I correct in thinking that this new Regault will be the same as the old v 1.0 with some improvements and fixed pose legs. Where im comming from is (due to my limmited space) will you be able to have one with all three options, beanie hat Micromissiles and standard missiles, the way I was thinking that I could build one up and just change the hat over to give me the different version al-la the Gashapon toys of a few years ago.

Edited by big F

Sorry my bad

:rolleyes:

Am I correct in thinking that this new Regault will be the same as the old v 1.0 with some improvements and fixed pose legs. Where im comming from is (due to my limmited space) will you be able to have one with all three options, beanie hat Micromissiles and standard missiles, the way I was thinking that I could build one up and just change the hat over to give me the different version al-la the Gashapon toys of a few years ago.

Externally it will be the same, but as mentioned in the first post, there will be no interior detail. The improvements to the legs/joints will also be structural, and thus be visually identical to its 1.0 sibling.

As for being able to swap-out the beanie, I don't know if that'll work, as I still need to mock it up and see how stable the missiles sit atop the pod. They may need to be glued in place.

As for being able to swap-out the beanie, I don't know if that'll work, as I still need to mock it up and see how stable the missiles sit atop the pod. They may need to be glued in place.

Even if they're not swapable, I'd like to have one kit with all 3 options, so I can decide which version I want to build when I finally get around to building it.