Highlander the Source

So just found out about this there is going to be a new Highlander movie, Highlander the Source http://highlander-thesource.com/news-updates.html .

So I think it has the potential to be good, or at least worth a laugh. But I'm betting half the people on this board won't give it a chance and will just say, "But the first movie is the only good part of the series. 111OneOneOne"

"Conor's the last immortal said so in the first movie, Duncan didn't kill him" and so on... But I'll give it a chance and see what happens.

BTW Manga has the rights to the Highlander anime.

I've read some possible plot spoilers gleaned from those bootlegs.

And I'm NOT liking what I'm reading.

Unless they're doing some serious rewrites of this story, I'm gonna pass on this.

And understand, I'm someone who actually enjoys the TV series more.

The workprint bootleg of Highlander Endgame WAS MUCH BETTER than the final result of Highlander Endgame. I should go find the bootleg of The Source before it disappears. I can't find the workprint for Endgame anymore.

The Endgame workprint I'm talking about isn't quite the workprint version they released on the DVD set (which was still really amazing, seriously, what movie releases a working/different version on their official release). Highlander Endgame has some of the best extras I've ever seen in a DVD set, it showed you so much about the making of the movie and even includes THE ENTIRE rough working cut that includes missing effects, scenes, the video timer, etc. it's great!

It's funny how Highlander unfinished bootlegs always leak out. Maybe they do it on purpose.

Edited by ComicKaze

Alien 3...

I bought Endgame on DVD when it came out but honestly can't remember anything from the workprint version. When you have a movie that (1) kills Connor and (2) have a Duncan after 10 tons of potato chips and a decade of couch potatoing, no amount of rough footage can save it.

Alien 3...

I bought Endgame on DVD when it came out but honestly can't remember anything from the workprint version. When you have a movie that (1) kills Connor and (2) have a Duncan after 10 tons of potato chips and a decade of couch potatoing, no amount of rough footage can save it.

You got Joe what else do you need? :)

You got Joe what else do you need? :)

Methos. ;)

Surviving, manipulating, quipping, and conniving his way throughout the entire story, but winding up very much alive at the end of the day.

Methos. ;)

Surviving, manipulating, quipping, and conniving his way throughout the entire story, but winding up very much alive at the end of the day.

Joe, Amanda, and Methos are the three best characters in Highlander. It's a shame Highlander: The Raven didn't get more of a chance.

It's a shame Highlander: The Raven didn't get more of a chance.

I'll agree on that one, and trust me, I absolutely hated "The Raven" when it first came-out. It was like the writers couldn't agree on whether Nick or Amanda deserved more screen time AND some think-tank agreed that making immortals the sole focus of the show would scare-away too many "normal" people (and we all know how many non-sci-fi fans love Highlander...or even watch it). But by the time that the series finally reached a decent swing and Nick was actually becoming a character who was worth watching, it was either being dropped from syndication in my market or just discontinued altogether.

If "The Raven" could have used one thing (and only one thing) it would have been returning Amanda to being as hot as she was in the original Highlander TV series. I could never understand why they decided to make her greatest asset to the franchise (being hot, female, and an immortal who could more-or-less handle herself) go away in favour of some "in order to be tough I can't be feminine" retardedness.

If "The Raven" could have used one thing (and only one thing) it would have been returning Amanda to being as hot as she was in the original Highlander TV series. I could never understand why they decided to make her greatest asset to the franchise (being hot, female, and an immortal who could more-or-less handle herself) go away in favour of some "in order to be tough I can't be feminine" retardedness.

Huh, I'm confused... Amanda was her hottest with the short white hair... and she was still pretty feminine in Raven. I think she had a pretty nice balance there, she was a bit tomboyish but still had a lot of class. It's not like she was totally butch.

And I agree Raven just had too much of a rocky start, but did get good towards the end.

Watch the Raven DVD commetaries if you want to know why that show was destined for failure. Kinda funny.

Well, I would...except I really wouldn't "pay money" for The Raven. :p But I am interested. Care to enlighten someone who may or may not have given-up on the series too soon? :ph34r:

Well, I would...except I really wouldn't "pay money" for The Raven. :p But I am interested. Care to enlighten someone who may or may not have given-up on the series too soon? :ph34r:

Netflix man, Netflix! ;)

But to sum up the commentary

Producer: "Well Elizabeth was going thru alot, we tried our best...but she was kind of a batty"

Lead-Guy: "Elizabeth and I had different acting styles that kinda came in conflict alot (aka battyy)"

Elizabeth Gracen: "Yeah...I was kind of a batty back then!" :lol:

One of the few commentaries I actually enjoyed because you can tell exactly what it is they're trying to say but they're not comfortable with leaving that in someone's DVD collection. :D

• 4 months later...

fyi they\'re going to be showing this too on the Sci-Fi channel TONIGHT at 9/8c, and it\'s now billed as a Sci-Fi \'original\' movie. So in case you haven\'t put two and two together this movie\'s gonna SSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Should still be fun to watch. :p

Keep on doing sequels, TV shows or cartoons I don't care. I can check them out and have a laugh. There's no conflict for me. For me there's only one Highlander. In my mind, everything else is non canon B))

Yeah I agree, the first movie is the true Highlander. For the most part I thoroughly enjoyed the TV series for a few seasons (it was also my inititial exposure to the Highlander universe), but the first movie is truly a cult classic. But with all the various movie sequels, TV series, anime, etc., it's unfortunate that no consistent story line, origin, or set of rules has been established for the Highlander universe. Perhaps it would have been best if the first Highlander movie would have been it.

I deliberately passed on Highlander Vengeance because I'm waiting for the uncut DVD, and I wish I'd done the same here. I absolutely love the TV series (except for season 6), and the Internet-leaked workprint of Endgame was pretty decent. This, however, was a train wreck of epic proportions. It's hard to believe that the franchise has sunk this low. I didn't even know this had been demoted to a "Sci Fi Original Movie" until yesterday....and I can see why. To borrow a term from gaming, this movie is the very definition of "shovelware."

There can be only me!" ???... wait what the heck did I just watch? C'mon thats it. All this time and thats what they came up with. Joe if you'd seen Duncan there at the End, you'd be rolling over in your grave. Way to go guys completely ignore the the Original. I don't count the Movie sequels with Connor either. They were bad too.

wait, he does all that just to have a kid?

geez, I DVR'd it last night, guess I won't even bother watching it, I was channel surfing and i saw the part

well, guess it's a spoiler, so i won't post it. but that part i saw, i was just apalled. it sucked.

i stopped watching and dvr'd the next showing. guess, i'll just delete the whole thing.

Huh what? I'm lost, what was shown when?

at the end, there's a long epilogue voice over given by anna, and she says that her and duncan got to have a kid, a gift from the source.

so what's the difference between this hunt for the source and the gathering? And why is it called the source? The source of babies?