Kaiyodo Revoltech VF-1J

UN Spacy

Is it just me, or is there a general consensus that Kaiyodo will be making some regults to go with this line? The old kaiyodo gashapon were almost the exact same proportions, and these revoltechs seem to be a bit smaller than the other Revoltechs. (Does anyone have comparison pics next to other Revoltechs?)

Just got back from Frank & Son and got 1J and 1S for $18 a pop, very happy with the figs. Only thing is the 1J has two right feet, any one here wanna trade if you got two left feet? PM me. I was surprised that you can attach the gunpod to the arms/arm FP by removing the grip, so nifty. ^_^

Just got back from Frank & Son and got 1J and 1S for $18 a pop, very happy with the figs. Only thing is the 1J has two right feet, any one here wanna trade if you got two left feet? PM me. I was surprised that you can attach the gunpod to the arms/arm FP by removing the grip, so nifty. ^_^

$18 each Only?? That's cheap!! Good for you! Anyone knows of such good prices here in Toronto? I'll be sooooo interested, pls post or PM me, thanks :)

Btw, can it be returned /exchanged 'cause it's a defect? How close by do you live from it? Maybe you can pick up an extra set or two and share with us perhaps? ;)

Edited by Fai

Isn't there only the 1S and the IJ and maybe a 1A somewhere?

So far yes. But we are dreaming of a brighter future. Not that the 1S, 1J and 1A are not great, because they are but wouldn't it be nice to have a revoltech Vf-4, Regult, Quedluun Rau, Yf-19, Vf-1D, Minmay Guard, Bretai, Gloval, and anything else that you could dream up?

Dont forget a Minmay with removable panties. I guess that Graham already has this one :lol:

Oooooooooo :wacko: Removable?!? :huh::D Just kidding....not my thing.......anymore.

Having terrible luck with my Macross Revoltechs. First my VF-1S Focker is missing the open left hand. Now my VF-1A Hikaru has a split/crack on the chestplate, just above the heatshield (I’ll post a pic later). Also, the red paint application on the top of the chest plate is fairly sloppy.

Graham

$18 each Only?? That's cheap!! Good for you! Anyone knows of such good prices here in Toronto? I'll be sooooo interested, pls post or PM me, thanks :)

Btw, can it be returned /exchanged 'cause it's a defect? How close by do you live from it? Maybe you can pick up an extra set or two and share with us perhaps? ;)

Nope, those were the dealers last two, sorry. These things are uber fun, all these dynamic poses. I just hope Kaiyodo can continue with all the other M series valks and enemy mecha.

Does anyone know how much these little goodies are in HK? :)

I saw Graham's post and went from shop to shop in Mong Kok the next day and got my VF-1A for HK$95 (the only one they had left, they said but I don't believe them). Other shops had it for anywhere from HK$98 ~ HK$120. Compared to the VF-1J and the VF-1S when they first came out, the prices seem to have come down slightly.

Edited by valkyrie13

Static head cannon. I don't get it. Why would Kaiyodo create the first two with movable wings and head cannons only to produce a VF-1A with a static head cannon? It doesn't make sense. Is it somehow far harder to make the VF-1A head cannon rotate thatn it was for the VF-1J and VF-1S? This is disappointing.

I'll pass on this one. Nonetheless, thanks for the help Graham.

So far yes. But we are dreaming of a brighter future. Not that the 1S, 1J and 1A are not great, because they are but wouldn't it be nice to have a revoltech Vf-4, Regult, Quedluun Rau, Yf-19, Vf-1D, Minmay Guard, Bretai, Gloval, and anything else that you could dream up?

Hehe, hopefully that's the lineup in the near future, hey they come up every 15th, so why not, right!? ;) How come there's so many defects on these guys, missing hand, 2 left feet....? And what is this upside down foot now? Were they sealed when you guys bought them? I am very worried mine will be like that if I buy 'em online...

Yeah i was thinking that too with reversing it which sounds like a simple enough mod, i will still grab a 1A CF though...

I won't go for the regular 1A more than likely but a CF for sure :D

Having terrible luck with my Macross Revoltechs. First my VF-1S Focker is missing the open left hand. Now my VF-1A Hikaru has a split/crack on the chestplate, just above the heatshield (I’ll post a pic later). Also, the red paint application on the top of the chest plate is fairly sloppy.

Graham

Sorry to hear that Graham.

I've heard that the packing for Revy's have been plague with problems such as multiple items of the same and such. That's why I usually open the Revy's in the shop to check. That might be a good habit to form if you or any of you guys are buying them from your local toy shops. Those from mail orders.... luck of the draw I suppose... Just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by malakite

Static head cannon. I don't get it. Why would Kaiyodo create the first two with movable wings and head cannons only to produce a VF-1A with a static head cannon? It doesn't make sense. Is it somehow far harder to make the VF-1A head cannon rotate thatn it was for the VF-1J and VF-1S? This is disappointing.

I'll pass on this one. Nonetheless, thanks for the help Graham.

It doesn't make sense. Why would a wookie who was born on Kyshhiek, be living on Endor????????!

Look at the monkey, look at the silly little monkey!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie