Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone

UN Spacy

Oh yeah!!!! That is how an eva should be, love it.

Just be a little picky, the wrist looks a little retarded but overall, loves the panel details and the mean looking sculpt. Hope it is of decent size!!!

Goin by previous Bandai Movie Realization stuff, it can be quite big. Just dun expect metals and stuff. Its probably gonna be PVC+ABS sorta stuff. ANd i think its more of a display piece so durability is questionable.

• 1 month later...
Eva-06's head looks sorta like the head of the VF-17S's minus the head lasers, no kidding!!

ok....ok.... I know it might be a bad idea to revive this thread, but has there been any news on when they will release it on torrents, also are there any pics of the new evas the links I clicked on are not working.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok people has there been any updates on torrents or anything like that there has to be something. some one........................

The full cam rip has been out for a couple of weeks and soft subs in Russian, Spanish and English have also surfaced in the last week or so.

Edited by IXTL

Special 2-disc limited edition DVD on April 25, regular single DVD edition on May 21: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...-japan-in-april

:angry: wait I got to pay 5,985-yen (about US$55.97) for one eps, and if I wont the the cheaper I got to wait till may, man I am just going to get my rich friend to buy this and al borrow it, rip it, and up load it. -thats da deadghost way B))

oh man I used my bothers account

Edited by Ishimaru

• 1 month later...
Man, if there were english subtitles on that, I'd be soo all over it!

Oh, by the end of April you should have your pick of approximately 38,944 different fansubs of it...

I saw it three times at Sunshine Cinema in Ikebukuro last fall...on the big screen, with the kick-ass sound system, it was jaw-droppingly great. I'm dying for the next one.

I happen to be in Singapore for 2 weeks (till next week 14th) and wow....I found out that Evangelion 1.0 will be showing here on the 13th! Awesome! So i made a date with izzyfcuk who's a sg-er and he's free and interested. So whoever else who's in SG who wants to join us PM me and we'll arrange something.

Also planning to hit the Sunday flea market to see if I can get my hands on a MH Mospeadas or some random stuff.

I managed to find a subbed copy of You are (Not) Alone online and watched it yesterday... I thought it was fantastic and cannot wait for the next one when stuff starts actually changing... when does 2 come out?

I just came back from it from the theatre. I really like the direction of the movie! Was quite surprised at how well they condensed the tv series. Generally they cut down alot on the supporting characters like touji, kensuke and hikari to the point of they aren't even supporting characters anymore in the movie but concentrated fully around Shinji.

I find it strange that this time round, although nothing much has changed in the story, I feel kinda sorry for Shinji rather than feeling annoyed at his lack of spine. The movie made it a point to dwell on his loneliness and how he longs for his father's acceptance but instead was left fending for himself everytime. I felt very sorry for Shinji in this movie and I never thought this could happen!! :wacko:

The only flaw of the movie was due to its condensed format, one may find the movie jumping scenes abit fast. Like one scene Shinji was recuperating from his injuries fighting the 3rd angel. Few minutes later, he was getting punched by Touji at school. I'm used to this and know the story well to follow it but I'm not sure how casual viewers would feel about this.

Notable changes to the movie i noticed:

1.) Shinji doesn't remember what happened during the 3rd Angel Attack where he sees the EVA's true nature.

2.) When angels die, they explode and bleed....ALOT.

3.) The 4th angel's body disintegrated leaving only the tentacles instead of the whole body intact in the TV series.

4.) Shinji was training on a simulator on what looks like a cannibalised eva unit

5.) That Lilith-like being in central dogma might not be Lilith. The face mask is different

6.) Kaworu was on the moon and SEELE 01 was talking to him , something to do with a "pact". He mentions that he can't wait to meet the 3rd child, again. Hmmmmm.

7.) Another lilith-like being was on the moon.....and this time with the SEELE mask we are familiar with from the TV series.

8.) Shinji uses a gattling gun on the 4th angel and not the pallete rifle

9.) The positron sniper rifle and shield was completely redesigned, but everyone knows that already.

10.) The BGM Angel Attack and Step Into Terror were only used in 1 battle each. Probably not to repeat it again 3 times within the same movie.

Other comments:

1.) Shinji was pitiable that I felt like hugging him

2.) Misato's reprising voice actress....doesn't quite fit with me. Not sure why.

3.) Rei has 5-6 lines in the movie. Maybe 10.

4.) The battles were very beautifully animated.

Complaint: The cinema i was at cut off the next episode preview at the end of the credits! I heard like 1 millisecond of the next ep music then they turned on the lights. GAH! Oh well there's always Youtube.

I managed to find a subbed copy of You are (Not) Alone online and watched it yesterday... I thought it was fantastic and cannot wait for the next one when stuff starts actually changing... when does 2 come out?

When I was in Japan earlier this year, I met someone who did a little bit of work on the first movie, and he said that Gainax will be lucky if they get the second one out by Christmas. Now this info is definitely third- or fourth-hand, so you can take it or leave it...

Notable changes to the movie i noticed:

1.) Shinji doesn't remember what happened during the 3rd Angel Attack where he sees the EVA's true nature.

2.) When angels die, they explode and bleed....ALOT.

3.) The 4th angel's body disintegrated leaving only the tentacles instead of the whole body intact in the TV series.

4.) Shinji was training on a simulator on what looks like a cannibalised eva unit

5.) That Lilith-like being in central dogma might not be Lilith. The face mask is different

6.) Kaworu was on the moon and SEELE 01 was talking to him , something to do with a "pact". He mentions that he can't wait to meet the 3rd child, again. Hmmmmm.

7.) Another lilith-like being was on the moon.....and this time with the SEELE mask we are familiar with from the TV series.

8.) Shinji uses a gattling gun on the 4th angel and not the pallete rifle

9.) The positron sniper rifle and shield was completely redesigned, but everyone knows that already.

10.) The BGM Angel Attack and Step Into Terror were only used in 1 battle each. Probably not to repeat it again 3 times within the same movie.

5.) Misato said it's Lilith...now, she might be wrong, but the thing is...they don't think it's Adam.

6.) SEELE was saying that "The Promised Time is at hand."

7.) The 3rd, 4th, and 5th Angels have been reclassified in the movie as the 4th, 5th, and 6th. When Kaworu looks at the Lilith Moon Thing, he says, "The Third One hasn't changed." Now is that thing the Third Angel? Or was he talking about Shinji...? I guess we'll find out...

From the next episode preview, we see multiple angel-like beings with the captions "Adams?" "Lilim+" ? Really curiuous on the plural on Adam.....and Lilim are basically children of Lilith aka Humans....Lilim + sounds like bio-engineered humans or something.

Assumedly, Adams plural would refer to Angels, unless this is a bigger re-write than first let on. BTW, what's the current release schedule? At this rate we're going to only get 1 a year, and there are supposed to be 4 movies!

Assumedly, Adams plural would refer to Angels, unless this is a bigger re-write than first let on. BTW, what's the current release schedule? At this rate we're going to only get 1 a year, and there are supposed to be 4 movies!

I think it's a bigger re-write. When it said ADAMS and LILIN+, they showed these kind of ghostly things that looked kind of like the little clicky guys in Princess Mononoke...Of course, there are also the two new Evas and glasses girl thrown into the mix...I think EVA 2.0 is going to be very, very different from the TV series.

And yeah, there are four movies, but the last two will only be about 45 minutes each and are a double feature...so REALLY it's only three.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha...ha...there is a part of me that think Anno is doing it deliberately to pi$$ the Eva fans (maybe he hasn't got over the death threat :lol: )

For the record, I have no problem seeing Anno keeps refining Eva if it means a better Eva movie landing in my DVD player. But I do want to see him directing again on new materials.

After Eva 1.0 Anno decides to milk it further with EVA1.01 with 266 enhancements..... :rolleyes:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...make-of-its-own

It's understandable considering he's breaking in a new studio, one that apparently hasn't finished hiring staff to produce these films. Although I'd love to see him go back & refine Nadia, in addition to new material.

And yet, people decry George Lucas for doing the same thing with Star Wars...

For the record, I am completely unsurprised at this. Eva has been miilked for every dime it can earn since Day One. Why would they stop now?

Hey, no one's been forcing people to buy NERV coffee mugs and Eva Doritos...if there's a market for it, why not?

At least they haven't been cranking out inferior sequels and side stories every year or two. There's the series, there were the previous movies, now there are new movies. If you want a complete Eva DVD collection, it's not going to cost a fortune. If you want a toy of every Eva Unit, it's quite possible to do so; more possible than Gundam or Macross.

And Evangelion 1.0 was damn good. If they had done some Greedo-shooting-first-type changes, I would have decried it. But they kept true to the characters and the story, extended it in some interesting ways, and made it look spectacular. Why should I be suspicious of future ventures?

I didn't feel like starting a new topic, but has anyone here bought the SOC XS Eva-01 Movie Version toys?

I was thinking about buying a few, but I have heard something about some previous SPEC toys falling apart. Just wondering how the QC was on these. :unsure:

I didn't feel like starting a new topic, but has anyone here bought the SOC XS Eva-01 Movie Version toys?

I was thinking about buying a few, but I have heard something about some previous SPEC toys falling apart. Just wondering how the QC was on these. :unsure:

I've got XS-03 EVA-01 new movie ed. and XS-04 EVA-00 new movie ed. They are perfectly fine QC wise. The one with QC issues was XS-01 EVA-01 TV ver. Bandai are now going to release a renewal version with resculpted parts in June called XS-01R EVA-01 TV ver. Renewal.

Edited by IXTL