DYRL TV special

Solscud007

I found this mention of the DYRL TV special that Shawn acquired from Seiichi couple years ago.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-King/6479/makurosu.htm

I have a copy of the tv show but I believe some people may have been trying to sub this? I need the subtitle txt files and I can get this done.

Yeah release them in their original raw form and that will probaly attract enough attention from the fansub groups to make it one of their projects anyway.

I would love to see both specials would feel truly priviledged to get the oppurtunity to do so.

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to report that the subtitling process of this TV special is in progress. I have finally recieved the text document containing the subtitles from Shawn. I have captured the TV special onto my computer and in the process of editing the special and then later synching the subs. This WILL be ready for MWCon07 and will be free to those who attend.

The version at MWCon07 will be edited to be purely the tvshow. A full version will be made available for those wanting to see the funny commercials that interuppt the tv show. As per Shawn's request, this full version will be on sale to anyone on MW. (well I made the decision to edit out the superflous stuff for MWCon07, and thereby making the "Director's cut/un-edited version for sale) This sales of the full version will be soley non-profit and go toward the costs of running the servers of MW.

Nice! Where do I sign up?

*EDIT*

So it's not going to include the other stuff Shawn mentioned?

It will have the DYRL TV Special (subbed-translation already paid for and done)

TV Commercials from my old Beta tapes (you will enjoy!)

Collection picture tours from various members here(you will not believe)

and some other stuff

If you need dvd covers and such, I'd be willing to help out.

Edited by Dante74

Nice! Where do I sign up?

*EDIT*

So it's not going to include the other stuff Shawn mentioned?

If you need dvd covers and such, I'd be willing to help out.

thanks for the offer. Do you mean the plastic? yeah I will need some cases. but actuall DVD cover design, then Im set.

oh the subtitles are DONE!!! I just need to author a master DVD and we are set. I am waiting on Shawn to send me the bonus stuff.

The Bonus stuff will be available for purchase. there will be a MWcon exclusive pricing.

the "free" edited version will be free upon a small donation which all goes to pay and support the costs of MW.

thanks for the offer. Do you mean the plastic? yeah I will need some cases. but actuall DVD cover design, then Im set.

I meant the cover design, I could send you some dvd boxes from the Netherlands but I think they're available in the States also. :)

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss the details.

oh the subtitles are DONE!!! I just need to author a master DVD and we are set. I am waiting on Shawn to send me the bonus stuff.

The Bonus stuff will be available for purchase. there will be a MWcon exclusive pricing.

the "free" edited version will be free upon a small donation which all goes to pay and support the costs of MW.

Definitely put me on the list for the final version of the DVD! :D

For those who dont know what the content of the TV special is. here is a summary.

Interviews with the voice actors of Minmei, Misa, and Hikaru

Interview with shoji Kawamori

shots of various macross merchandise

guided tour of Tatsunoko Productions while they are working on DYRL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've watched it both before and after and let me tell you guys you're in for a treat! The live music with Mari and the interviews with the cast and also, the actual cells being colored and photographed... young Mr. Mikimoto and Kawamori... really cool!

Nice work solscud!!

I assisted a tiny bit...

Edited by eevli

• 2 weeks later...
Where do I send money to get this!

I agree, please tell us what we have to do to obtain a copy.

Also, Solscud is there any way you can get someone to fansub the Macross Fastest Liftoff special, which is an extra featurette on the first Mac 7 DVD?

I agree, please tell us what we have to do to obtain a copy.

Also, Solscud is there any way you can get someone to fansub the Macross Fastest Liftoff special, which is an extra featurette on the first Mac 7 DVD?

have you tried asking the people on the anime sub forums?

I saw the special at MWCon, and it was pretty good, although some of the '80s effects (partucularly during Mari's video for "An Angel's Paints") were cheesy AND WHAT WERE THE WRECKING BALLS GOING ACROSS THE STAGE IN AID OF?!?!?!?! :rolleyes::blink::blink::lol: The second video (of Ai Oboeteimasuka) was a lot better, however.

The interviews were kinda fluffy, and the host (whoever that was) was getting away with quite a bit more in the flirting department than a host here in the US today would dare to try with the female interviewees. I was wondering if either Mari or Mika was going to belt him after a couple of remarks!

One thing that got me though: I wonder about the remote bit that they did at the Tatsunoko studio...it seems to me that Tat may have had more of a hand in DYRL than we were led to believe if Mikimoto and Itano had set up shop there to work on DYRL...

One thing that got me though: I wonder about the remote bit that they did at the Tatsunoko studio...it seems to me that Tat may have had more of a hand in DYRL than we were led to believe if Mikimoto and Itano had set up shop there to work on DYRL...

The animation for the movie was also produced by Tatsunoko and Anime Friend.