Yamato VF-0A/S Replacement Parts

kensei

Today I have received a shipment notice from HLJ about the "Yamato parts" and those parts are really expensive 1500 yen each arm/shoulder:

Dear Sebastian Bravo,

This message is to let you know that the following merchandise has been shipped to you from HobbyLink Japan.

Invoice Number: 744182

Shipping Address:

Sebastian Bravo

Miraflores 178 Piso 16-17

Santiago Centro

Santiago, RM 832-0215

Chile

Shipping Method: SAL - Small Pac

Click here for an estimate of shipping times

Order Number: 01325237

Item Code Item Name Quantity Price Extended Price

YMTPARTS Yamato Parts 4 1,500 6,000

Merchandise Total: 6,000

Shipping Charge: 580

Total: 6,580

Details about how your items were shipped are shown above. If your package seems to be taking too long to arrive, be sure you check the FAQ on our website at http://www.hlj.com/faq/q12.html for information about shipping times before you contact us. If you need to reach us about this shipment for any reason, please make sure that you include your customer ID and invoice number in your message to us.

theres nothing weird about, its a rip off and yamato obviously doesn't give a crap that HLJ is ripping off their customers.

HLJ can suck my ass and yamato can go to hell! i was going to pick up the shin/ghost combo along with the 0S but i ain't buying crap now and same goes for the SV-51. i'm not going to shell out $200 so i can shell out another $30+ later down the road when that shiet breaks. fukk that madness. :mellow:

not for nothing but whats up with that bullshit graham?

theres nothing weird about, its a rip off and yamato obviously doesn't give a crap that HLJ is ripping off their customers.

HLJ can suck my ass and yamato can go to hell! i was going to pick up the shin/ghost combo along with the 0S but i ain't buying crap now and same goes for the SV-51. i'm not going to shell out $200 so i can shell out another $30+ later down the road when that shiet breaks. fukk that madness. :mellow:

not for nothing but whats up with that bullshit graham?

Its weird to me that yamato is charging. I am assuming they are charging HLJ and HLJ in turn, is charging you guys. Aren't replacement parts supposed to be free for a defective product? (In this case the broken shoulders).

I thought this whole time that HLJ would just charge you guys for shipping. But this whole thing is almost like yamato is selling these parts as mods, when they are needed replacements. The shoulder breakage seems to be a wide issue, if it hasn't happened to yours yet, it probably will. Thats the picture I get.

Then again I'm not sure if they're sending me the bicep parts or the whole arm components.

I also didn't purchase my VF-0S from them BUT I've been a customer of theirs for years. They also helped me out a couple of weeks ago by sending me free SPEC Unit One Eva parts.

I'd like some kind of explanation why the parts are so expensive.

I really hope that the price of the replacement parts was set by HLJ and not Yamato. If these prices originated from Yamato, then it totally stinks because they're now profiting off of their own mistakes. There would no longer be any incentive to "get it right" the first time.

I really hope that the price of the replacement parts was set by HLJ and not Yamato. If these prices originated from Yamato, then it totally stinks because they're now profiting off of their own mistakes. There would no longer be any incentive to "get it right" the first time.

what difference does it make? its still $30+ no matter who set the price.

yamato = cocksuckin bastards

HLJ = cocksucking bastards

I haven't revisited this shoulder topic in a while. What a flying load of crap. I'll stick with my $5 tube of epoxy, and no more Yammies until the VF-11B.

no, its no more yammies until the 2nd release of the 11B. ;)

all i know is, theres no way in hell i'm buying any first release from yamato ever again. :mellow:

This does suck azz!!!

Hell, let's see where this goes. . .

Maybe they came to the conclusion that the reason for the breakages was the customer's fault and not that the product itself was defective? So they are treating it like you are buying spare parts vs "fixing" their own faulty release?

Buying Macross stuff is so risky. Did the people who bought the first garland go through this? (wouldn't be the same since there is support for that outside japan)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

garland shoulder parts were replacements, people were just sent them.

$30 USD is about $45 or so aussie, and Im sure as hell not paying that per pair of shoulders for the 4 0's i have!

Thats nuts, how do they expect t get away with charging for replacement parts?

4 0s eh? I'd be really careful not to break any of those. Self destruction might be timed once you open the box exposing it to the harmful air that cracks the materials. If only they'd use strong materials in the beginning..

you could buy a TF alternator for a replacement part.

Maybe they came to the conclusion that the reason for the breakages was the customer's fault and not that the product itself was defective? So they are treating it like you are buying spare parts vs "fixing" their own faulty release?

Buying Macross stuff is so risky. Did the people who bought the first garland go through this? (wouldn't be the same since there is support for that outside japan)

No.

Yamato said the breakages were due to chemical reactions of the plastics within the shoulders causing breakages. This is Yamato's fault. Not the consumers.

Wow. This is pathetic on either/or/both HLJ and Yamato's part.

Definitely. Hopefully they ensure better QC for future releases with proper materials. I prefer that they take their sweet time to make it good first release if possible, than to rush it because people are eager to get it early. Come on yamato, check the toys.

Hope? Have we all sunken to this level of desperation? Hope? Whatever happened to EXPECT?

I dunno about Yamato checking the toys, I certainly hope you'll all check the toys yourselves for QC and that faint smell of... urine.

Well, I also got the payment request from HLJ.com... :blink:

But I have no choice.... My shoulders is broken... and my Vf-0S have no arms.... :huh:

I hope they send to me, all the arms for this price.... :angry:

I hope...

I keep you inform when I get this items.. <_<

I certainly hope you'll all check the toys yourselves for QC and that faint smell of... urine.

Well I open my stuff, since I'm not one of the MIB type people that buy in large qauntity and store them. I'm more a display guy. I also don't preorder stuff as I prefer waiting for impressions and reviews before deciding if I want to buy. If the review is negative, I just wait until the next release, hopeful (there is that word again everyone hates) that the later ones are improved. It's the most safe way for anything macross. (no support for import stuff. Same with game consoles: it's risky buying these imported since you miss out on any *1 year warranty that you would get if you bought locally here in australia.)

I wish it were as easy as the garland replacement pieces. That would make it less scary buying first release if you were reassured they were there to take care of you provided you could convince them that the breakage was due to fragile parts and not due to some abuse of the toy. IF enough people can organise complaint so it adds legitimacy to the individual claims, it may be enough to get them to listen. As opposed to one guy just repeating his problem, just have many different people state the problem they have to show it really is a widespread thing and not just one or two people who are vocal - as an example many newbie owners of xbox360 still come up with the defense that the people complaining must just be a vocal minority....until it happens to them. Most people know that the problem is much larger than what MS want you to think so they post about it and know others who have had it and how wrong the people who say it's not widespread are. Over time when enough people have it, then they will be forced to admit it is a larger problem than claimed if they wish to maintain a positive image.

Some problems might only pop up just after a certain time (like 1 year or a few months later) and they might not be aware of it when making the first release so couldn't catch it in time before it arrived on shelf/in your hands.

Now that they've stated they are aware of it, they can't use that excuse of "we weren't aware of this problem" for future releases that should have the fixes. As I say: patience. It will get better. There is always hope. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be disappointed, just that it's a process we should get used to where first releases will not be as good as later ones due to yamato finding out certain problems in the first release too late in time. What I do is just assume that every new mecha that comes out, will on first release be likely to have a problem and wait for reviews, rather than assume that yamato should know about every problem before the first release hits the shelf and assume that they will make perfect flawless toy right from the beginning. Yeah people can say they've had practice with vf-1, so then that means they can't possibly screw up with the vf-0, but that is a different toy. Each one should be taken on a case by case basis. Just because vf-1 is mostly hassle free doesn't mean we can assume any future mecha that comes out after it; like vf-0, will be too. Instead take the view that it's actually common for the early adopter to take a risk buying the earlier releases, to have an issue that just won't be there for the later ones as these problems are addressed in time and fixed/improved.

Even bandai improved its mac 7 stuff by printing more detail on later releases, rather than leaving markings as stickers. So you could say that the earlier ones are less "complete" than later ones in that instance.

I'll have some firm news by tomorrow hopefully as the customer service rep at Yamato is off sick today.

My main contact seemed quite shocked to hear that HLJ was charging for these.

It's probably just a misunderstaning between the two companies.

Graham

Graham,

Just a query, is hlj is the only authorized distributor for the replacement parts? is there a possibility that we could order from yamato directly?

Would yamato reissue the VF-0S and VF-0A (CF) in the near future with the improved parts? On a side note, could you hint to yamato to change the base color of the VF-0S from beige white to greyish white instead, and maybe package it as a giftset with the ghost booster aka anime accurate version? :):p

No you can't order from Yamato directly, as they cannot sell Macross items to customers outside of Japan.

However, HLJ is not the only authorized distributor. As I understand it, any toy store which is physically based in Japan can request the replacement parts from Yamato.

Graham

I'll have some firm news by tomorrow hopefully as the customer service rep at Yamato is off sick today.

My main contact seemed quite shocked to hear that HLJ was charging for these.

It's probably just a misunderstaning between the two companies.

Graham

I hope so Graham, the shipping cost factor of such items is already forseen to be a problem from the start ever since you announced the POM parts replacement. It's so naive of Yamato to overlook this. If HLJ still end up charging, they have every right to.

Should Yamato likely at best offer to offset the shipping costs borned by HLJ or etc... by giving them better margins on the future products, we're screwed - It helps that Yamato realise not to confuse their needs/goals with those of HLJ's or other JPN retailers'.

Yamato is better off sneaking the multiples of the parts in their future releases, so collectors can get them and commence their overdue fixes. For those that don't buy their future releases, the retailers (shop and online) can still siphon some off their stocks and give it to their bought before customers for free.

Edited by Beware of Blast

... and i imagine CF colour scheme. umm Shin has no difference? I need to check.

Of course... lets hope we DON'T need a Shin colour arm/shoulder part replacement. :lol:

The arms on Shins VF-0A have a white stripe over them which is dark grey for the CF. Also, the CF shoulder is one colort where Shin's VF-0A shoulder is partly white.

IPB Image

pic borrowed from swoosh.