Smokescreen Alternator

Sam

ah, how much is the hasbro verison gonna cost and what differnces will there be besides packaging?

going by memory i think the US version should be about $30. differences? well the lack of die cast (hence the lower price). not sure if it will have the same #7 and #8 variant.

hey exo thanks for the pic. looks like a decent size. i'm still blown away by how tiny the G1s are (and conversely how big the packaging is for them).

so any other pics of Lamboru?

ah, how much is the hasbro verison gonna cost and what differnces will there be besides packaging?

The Hasbro alternator is supposed to be $19.99 with no die cast and no metallic paint.

Meh, I'm not a diecast fan anyway. If plastic can do the job, then I'm all for it. As for the paint... as long as it doesn't end up with an Armada paint job, I'm happy. For $19.99, I can buy some testors and do it myself ;)

After plunking down $80 or more for some of the Yammies and being less than thrilled, I'm shy to do it again. :(

Edited by dna

Well. I guess I'm not the only one waiting for the new shipment of Alernator: Smokescreen's.

BTW....I'm really not into the Dodge Viper Sideswipe. The basic RED paintjob turns me off, I wish they used a victory blue (with the two white stripes) variant. B))

BTW....I'm really not into the Dodge Viper Sideswipe. The basic RED paintjob turns me off, I wish they used a victory blue (with the two white stripes) variant. B))

nani? is this an actual variant or just something you would like to see? i'm not a fan of the red either...the viper gts (which i think uses the paint scheme you mention) looks cooler. also the 'bot mode seems a little chunky. i'm hoping my smokescreen comes giving me time to decide to preorder the viper.

the 'bot mode seems a little chunky. i'm hoping my smokescreen comes giving me time to decide to preorder the viper.

I'll pass on SideSwipe. It looks ok, but not as cool as Smokescreen.

I can't wait for Sideswipe... this whole Alternators/Binaltech is pretty cool. The Optimus Prime is gonna be a great as a centerpiece. For some reason I never got into buying the original G1, but this new line compels me.

I'm just wondering what the hell they're gonna do with the Decepticons... A 1/24 Starscream??? hehehe... Optimus is 1/24 also, isn't he?

weeee:

"Hi - We've been able to secure our stock faster than anticipated for your pre-order - they [smokescreen] will be arriving and shipping in around 10 - 14 days and we'll be processing pre-orders shortly. Thanks for pre-ordering from us!" -BBTS

I gonna buy all of them whatever they look like :D

Hong Kong just got their shipment of Hasbro Alternator Smokies . Allspark and Tfw2005 have a gallery of it compared to Takara Smokey here

On a related note Peter Solberg in the number #7 Impreza just won the world Rally championship

467543.jpg

I can see the number #7 smokescreen rising in value :D

Edited by Prowlus

Hong Kong just got their shipment of Hasbro Alternator Smokies . Allspark and Tfw2005 have a gallery of it compared to Takara Smokey here

On a related note Peter Solberg in the number #7 Impreza just won the world Rally championship

467543.jpg

I can see the number #7 smokescreen rising in value :D

I'm waiting for my BT-01 from hlj.com : if it is the #7, I'll be more enthusiastic :lol:

How realistic is the $20 price tag of the alternator??? I'm asking because the TF reissues at my local TRU are about $30. So how is a toy three times bigger going to cost less money?

~Tico

I agree and I don't think the 20 dollars price is realistic because Hasbro's Alternator Smokescreen is already available in Hong Kong for 30 dollars ...

The street price for the Alternator in HK is about US$20 to 25. It's the Japanese diecast version BT-01 that command the high price. The high price you see with the TF reissue is just standard TRU/Hasbro price gouging. The Japanese version of the same reissues have better paint job and packaging, and are sold at the same price as the US version.

Wow, I thought the Hasbro version was coming out much later. Maybe I'll pick up a Hasbro one to mess around with.

Of course I have two Takara version with two more on the way. Maybe I'll just open one of my extras. Good thing I cancelled my pre-order for my other two.

Edited by bigkid24

How realistic is the $20 price tag of the alternator??? I'm asking because the TF reissues at my local TRU are about $30. So how is a toy three times bigger going to cost less money?

~Tico

Well, every single time I walk into TRU I see lots of Armada and Universe figures that are bigger than the G1 reissues and cost less, so what's so different about the Alternators? The reissues are great, and I happily pay for them (well, the Japanese versions...) but they are specifically priced to take advantage of fanboys like me who will complain but still pay it anyway.

The Alternators are a new product so Hasbro can't work the nostalgia/collectors edition factor like they can with the reissues, so $20 - $25 sounds just about right.

Edited by eriku

The Alternators are a new product so Hasbro can't work the nostalgia/collectors edition factor like they can with the reissues, so $20 - $25 sounds just about right.

I don't think so... maybe the nostalgia factor is not valid here but every collector knows the first product from a succesful new line will cost much more in some years. :( They will prefer to get it now.

~Tico

Well, every single time I walk into TRU I see lots of Armada and Universe figures that are bigger than the G1 reissues and cost less, so what's so different about the Alternators? The reissues are great, and I happily pay for them (well, the Japanese versions...) but they are specifically priced to take advantage of fanboys like me who will complain but still pay it anyway.

Are you seriously comparing the Armada line to the Alternator line??? How dare you!!? I would really hope that Alternators would beat the stiff Armada bots!!

And since the alternators are already going for $20-$25 in HK then they must be more expensive in the US, right??

~Tico

~Tico

Are you seriously comparing the Armada line to the Alternator line??? How dare you!!? I would really hope that Alternators would beat the stiff Armada bots!!

And since the alternators are already going for $20-$25 in HK then they must be more expensive in the US, right??

~Tico

tic, he wasn't comparing quality, he was stating that the average transformer fan (5 year olds and the parents that have to pay for the toys)would probably not shell out 50$ for these alternators. So a 20 dollar price tag is better at appealing to the mass market.

~Tico

~Tico

As GF just said, I wasn't comparing the quality or coolness of the toys, simply the sizes and amount of plastic. The Alternators will be in the same size-range as other Armada (and Energon) toys that are priced around $20, so that's probably where Hasbro comes up with the price. If it was a matter of quality and coolness, then when compared to a $20 Armada toy an Alternator would easily be worth about $300. :p

Ther will be Decepticons in the Binaltech/Alternator line : just have a look at Prime's topic :lol: