Macross Plus tshirt design

yellowlightman

I've been wanting to make a Macross themed shirt for a while, but finally got off my ass and started drawing up some preliminary ideas. Keep in mind these are still pretty rough, but once I get them to where I like them I'll have them printed up make them available.

the front:

IPB Image v.1

IPB Image v.2

the back:

IPB Image

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by yellowlightman

Nice!!! I don't know why but somehow, I'm accustomed to seeing the fighters pointing _up_ with the scoreboard between them rather than pointing right. You could pack them a little closer (if you wanted) if you move the VF-19 up & to the right or if you have them facing each other. It's looking great! :)

Can you sell these?

Won't HG put the bigslap on it?

I'm interested.

They don't own the rights to Mac Plus, Manga Entertainment currently has that.... :D

I'd suggest pointing the fighters upward as well, however with the noses pointing toward each other kinda like having the fighters creating the outline of the Spacy Kite through their positioning (if possible).

Another possibility is to have two separate designs.

On the front side have "General Galaxy Team" inside one of the squares with the YF-21 on the back and "Project Super Nova" and the same for the YF-19.

It's too bad we don't have a decent SD cartoon or a cartoon like this one to use for each team's fighter:

IPB Image

Edited by Zinjo

On the front side have "General Galaxy Team" inside one of the squares with the YF-21 on the back and "Project Super Nova" and the same for the YF-19.

I think that's a pretty cool idea, except the YF-19 shirt would say Shinsei. Hmm... I kinda want to get a Shinsei Industries polo shirt now to have the ultimate obscure reference going everytime I golf.

That said, I also like the first design plenty also.

Just to clear up a couple questions, the current layout of the back will probably make it to the final shirt. I've tried a bunch of different mock-ups with the planes in different positions and this one is the only one that allows for larger pictures, without being oddly shaped (as in too narrow).

I might design more shirts later, but for right now I'm just trying to get this one done. :)