Nupetiet vergnitzs

007-vf1

Ok after the tease pics; the full monty

I always though that a high rank Zentraedi vessel would not be so expendable as the cannon fodder ones. So they would be quickly repaired If they made it back to base and then left back to the elements...

This is the Scale solutions resin kit..

Thanks for the answer to the discussions down the page..

post-104-1176754861_thumb.jpg

post-104-1176832782_thumb.jpg

post-104-1176834096_thumb.jpg

post-104-1176834152_thumb.jpg

Edited by 007-vf1

Oh. It's almost impossible to have that much detail on the tiny Imai kit without making severe fix ups. Rather rebuilt the sucker... This is the Scale Solution one. I believe I been able to improved the painting scheme a bit. The one shown at their web site needed a little "uummph"( vitamins that is)

The scale is roughly 1/8000 which goes well with the tiny Imai also at that scale..I am also building it along with a 1/5000 and a 1/15000 which I'll show soon..( that meaning, eventually...)

One thing It keeps bugging me are the Zentraedi writing and signs on their battle ships. The scale of every letter assigned to a hull would be amazingly big. If the Zents are warriors, males and chauvinistic cloned "sheep" why are their writing so well executed and smooth? round lines are a matter of an artistic and civilized expression; shouldn't it be rough, sketchy and ragged instead? may be they had a few not so manly men doing their "art" work??

Another thing though. I am not sure if this is just in Robo-taco but I remember reading that Zetns didn't fix or did maintenance to their ships which in my opinion is hard to believe. Any space vessel that goes to war needs some type of repair and specially maintenance or any small breach in the hull could cause the fatal demise of its crew. So they must have done some quick repairs if not in the immediate squadron at least every time they reported to the main station fleet... I know the ships can automatically repair or close small hull breach but eventually they have to run out of the second "skin" ..

Any light on this..??

One thing It keeps bugging me are the Zentraedi writing and signs on their battle ships. The scale of every letter assigned to a hull would be amazingly big. If the Zents are warriors, males and chauvinistic cloned "sheep" why are their writing so well executed and smooth? round lines are a matter of an artistic and civilized expression; shouldn't it be rough, sketchy and ragged instead? may be they had a few not so manly men doing their "art" work??

In-universe answer: Because someone else designed everything for them, and they're good at copying.

Logical answer: Because even the Zentraedi are smart enough to understand the perils of miscommunication due to sloppiness, and thus they'll communicate, even in writing, with Rigid Military Precision .

Real world answer: Because the mecha designer thought it looked cool the way it does, and honestly, so do you?

SP

Nice work dude. Scale Solution workshop is just near me (actually just one room in the bloke's house) and I had a chance to go and say G'day.

That ship is nice and I should get off my arse and order one before its too late.

Nice work man, I look forward to seeing more of this :)

The Zents are on the average of 18-22 meters tall so even something twice their size isn't really fundemental that 'big' to them. Realistically I'd class it the same as large letters/names painted on any aircraft/wet navy ship. "Easy to Read". Don't forget that the Original Protoculture also had a split in it's forces so having a specific style and naming scheme may have been some of their system of determining who's on who's side. So it could literally be anything, but I'd wager on the familiar because you can't make anime so bizarre that the audience can't easly visually grasp who is who. lol!

Another thing though. I am not sure if this is just in Robo-taco but I remember reading that Zetns didn't fix or did maintenance to their ships which in my opinion is hard to believe. Any space vessel that goes to war needs some type of repair and specially maintenance or any small breach in the hull could cause the fatal demise of its crew. So they must have done some quick repairs if not in the immediate squadron at least every time they reported to the main station fleet... I know the ships can automatically repair or close small hull breach but eventually they have to run out of the second "skin" ..

Any light on this..??

Again this was part of the Protocultures attempt at keeping a policing force dependent on them for everything by way of limiting the amount that they knew how to do. It was a form of control. Because limiting knowledge is an EXCELLENT way to control your minions. Know the phrase "With Knowledge Comes Power."

Besides with cloning tech losing 1-20 ships because of 'leaks' is pretty meaningless when you look at it coldly enough. ;)

Good luck with that 1/15,000 scale!

*i get chills just thinking about it's small size.....*