Battlefield 2142

Hmm...I dropped out of the battlefield thing a while ago. If enough of you guys get together I'll consider enlisting again...

• 1 month later...

I still play BF2 now and then. Because of the issues with BF2142 I passed on this one.

I played BF2142 extensively after having a bit of time in BF2.

For kicks and a different era, I went back to BF2. I then realized how much better the maps were in BF2. Granted, the maps were much more detailed with many, many more objects to slow a compy down. But the maps were very nice.

Edited by Warmaker

I still play BF2 now and then. Because of the issues with BF2142 I passed on this one.

What problems does the game have?

What problems does the game have?

A few bugs and exploits in the wild that have never been fixed from what I hear. Optimization on Titan mode is still lacking from what I hear. Although, I never got into BF2142 since I see it as a mod of BF2 so I don't know how much has changed since I played the beta. I only play BF2 these days since I need something to fill the time for ET:Quake Wars.

Titan Mode owns all.

Titan mode does kick ass... it's where you score all your points to move up in rank. However, when I'm not playing on TeamSpeak with my buds I will admit I actually prefer the conquest maps and the one on one combat against other ground troops. There's something so satisfying about killing someone else with my big ass machine gun!!!

Yeah, my character (KnowleRohrer) is a fully upgraded Support dude. I love the gun choices. I just started getting into using the shotty when things ge into close quarters.

If a MW squad starts up, I'd love to join you guys. My DVD is packed in a box right now so I have to wait for it to get shipped down before I can play again. :(

The infantry battles are cool, but really I'd like to see more titan maps perhaps with added features... I think it's a neat idea.

BTW - I heard that moving the titans used to cause issues on the server, but that appears to be alleviated now.

It's been a long time since I steadily played BF games but I never had stability issues with BF2 Spec Ops. The problem for me was how it eats my computer's performance even more than the regular BF2 game. BF2 Spec Ops was power hungry...

• 3 weeks later...