May the Stamp be with you?

Chewie

I agree that most of them are so so, but I like almost anything Star Wars and working for the post office I've been waiting for a "cool" set of stamps for a long time.

While Boba Fett was a sissy in the movies, I read the books an consider it all canon (no, not going into THAT 45 page argument again) and in those he's a bad ass.

I voted Fett because none of the other pictures really did it for me.

Voted Vader. He's still a badass for me, despite "Little Ani" in TPM and "Angsty Teen With Smouldering Looks" in AOTC. Anakin in ROTS was okay enough for me.

Too bad there wasn't a Clonetrooper stamp, I would have maybe voted that instead. :p

I vote for the Stormtroopers, though the Boba Fett one looks pretty dang good also. The X-Wing & M.Falcon stamps look okay also.

I wanted to vote for the Darth Vader one but the helmet overhang on the sides look too short.

Surprised there's none for a Star Destroyer or Death Star I or II.

The stamp with Han and Chewie looks weird. Han looks like someone just poked him in the ***.

The Queen Amidala one would be cool but the stamp is too small to show the whole thing better, but there's also the lack of detail to the face... and it looks deformed.

Heh, pretty cool...finally arriving!

We met the creative director of the Postal Service Stamp Design group, Terry McCaffrey in a design conference.

The USPS is actually expecting for these Star Wars stamps to beat the top sales record holder; which are the Elvis stamps.

I like the Mill Falcon...very nice indeed.

the X-wing fighter was pretty much the only thing or person to survive lucas's "reimaginations" of the original trillogy and the prequils with out being made into a blithering wussy.

Seriously i've lost all respect for Vader; all of the mystery around boba fett is ruined; Yoda is lost to bizzare character inconsistency; han shoots first and is a patsy now; Jedi's turned out to be a bunch of incompetent nit-wits; storm troopers are clone troopers and aparently are all jango fetts... the list goes on.

Pretty much Lando Calrisian (sp) and X-wing fighters are the only thing to remain cool in the starwars universe.

I voted for the X-Wing.

While Fett's armour looks cool, the guy was a real wuss, getting beaten by a blind man with a stick.

Graham

Hehe. . .

From The Inbox of Nardo Pace - The Empire's Worse Engineer:

Subject carbonite transport device

From Boba Fett <backpacksgotjets@bountyhunters.com>

Date A Long Time Ago 3:17 PM

To Nardo Pace <npace@empiremail.com>

I am currently transporting a bounty that has been frozen in carbonite with a device you created. I have been told to direct any questions or comments I might have your way.

This is obviously a new technology, but might I suggest adding a few security measures to the transport device's control panel? Right now anyone can walk up to this thing and flip a few switches to release the frozen prisoner. I'm thinking a number pad with a secret code would be great, or heck, even a plain old key.

Just a friendly suggestion. Oh, and thanks for the modifications you made to my rocket pack. That "ignition" button square on the back of the pack where I can't reach it is great.

Edit: I voted for Luke. Since, contrary to later revisionism, the movies were about him.

:mellow:

rainbow vader is SUPER, thanks for asking!

as a moment of clarity, perhaps a glorified nazi helmeted super soldier bathed in the "red white and blue" isn't really the best image for a United States Postal Service stamp.

Edited by KingNor