The Gurren Lagann Thread.

Just finished Lagann-Hen. It was so epic I'm at a loss for words, the last half of the series was distilled down to its most awesome parts, then more awesome was added to the last 20 min. Then, after the credits, we see Simon is happy, and carrying out Nia's wish would the world.

the last 30 min were so epic... the Anti Spiral battle just kept getting better.

Not to mention they actually made the loss of Kittan even more heartfelt by showing his memorial service.

Just finished Lagann-Hen. It was so epic I'm at a loss for words, the last half of the series was distilled down to its most awesome parts, then more awesome was added to the last 20 min. Then, after the credits, we see Simon is happy, and carrying out Nia's wish would the world.

the last 30 min were so epic... the Anti Spiral battle just kept getting better.

Not to mention they actually made the loss of Kittan even more heartfelt by showing his memorial service.

I just finished the movie too and I feel the same way! At first, I thought you just can't get any bigger than Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, boy was I wrong!

I still wish Nia somehow remain at the end... :(

Edited by shiroikaze

Need to find this series on DVD. It's been a month since I've seen it for the one thousandth time - and I already feel myself becoming a worse person for not watching it again!

Pete

I'm honestly surprised that wasn't the first DVD you sought out.

Need to find this series on DVD. It's been a month since I've seen it for the one thousandth time - and I already feel myself becoming a worse person for not watching it again!

Pete

Unfortunately its not yet been released as a box set in either Europe or America so you have to buy it in three parts (and they're not cheap!). Not that I'm complaining since the power that will drill through the heavens is well worth it.

The european release has some nice art on the sleeves (Yoko...sigh...) plus audio and subtitles in french, german and of course english!

Unfortunately its not yet been released as a box set in either Europe or America so you have to buy it in three parts (and they're not cheap!). Not that I'm complaining since the power that will drill through the heavens is well worth it.

The european release has some nice art on the sleeves (Yoko...sigh...) plus audio and subtitles in french, german and of course english!

Actually, they are cheap. Each volume averages about $30-$40 for 2 disc's each, which is quite fair. And the volume 1 SE comes with a box for the rest of the series, the volume 3 SE comes with the 2 Disc OST.

Is the European release available online (not Amazon) ? Where? :)

Pete

so, i've been asking around and still haven't gotten anything.... what scale are these Lancelot Albion and Gurren Lagann GFF Composite ver. Ka figures at, 1/100 (like the metal composite) or 1/144 (like the normal GFFs/GFFNs)?

Edited by m0n5t3r

so, i've been asking around and still haven't gotten anything.... what scale are these Lancelot Albion and Gurren Lagann GFF Composite ver. Ka figures at, 1/100 (like the metal composite) or 1/144 (like the normal GFFs/GFFNs)?

Are these really gonna be in metal :ph34r:

Are these the 1s metal composite figures outside the Gundam franchise?

Are these really gonna be in metal :ph34r:

Are these the 1s metal composite figures outside the Gundam franchise?

on the scans it says "Composite Ver. Ka" only for the Albion and Gurren Lagann... whereas for the 0 Gundam right below, it clearly states it's part of the "G.F.F. Metal Composite" line and (the last scan states) that it'll be in 1/100 scale.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthre...;extra=page%3D1

Edited by m0n5t3r

Lagann-Hen suffers from the same problem Top! 2 did; it goes back to the same well too many times. We can only have so many gattai sequences and "even more super" robots before it becomes stale. The last half hour is just one after the other. Less is more, ya know?

Some really cool sequences, but I don't think either of the movies worked at that well.

Edited by Duke Togo

on the scans it says "Composite Ver. Ka" only for the Albion and Gurren Lagann... whereas for the 0 Gundam right below, it clearly states it's part of the "G.F.F. Metal Composite" line and (the last scan states) that it'll be in 1/100 scale.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthre...;extra=page%3D1

"Composite Ver. Ka" , but not "Metal Composite Ver. Ka"!

It is a new fancy way from Bandai to say that it will not has any 'diecast' or metal parts. <_<

Edited by macrossnake

Lagann-Hen suffers from the same problem Top! 2 did; it goes back to the same well too many times. We can only have so many gattai sequences and "even more super" robots before it becomes stale. The last half hour is just one after the other. Less is more, ya know?

Some really cool sequences, but I don't think either of the movies worked at that well.

I hated Gunbuster 2. I tried to watch it because I heard it was some sort of predecessor to TTGL, but I found the characters boring and mecha design was attrocious. It sucked as a sequel too.

Lagann-Hen was pretty good though. Even though the story was essentially the same, it felt more satisfying.

Is the European release available online (not Amazon) ? Where? :)

Pete

If you can't use Amazon you can always go to ebay.co.uk where all 3 dvd sets are available. Just make sure to choose a seller that has a high rating (over 99%) to avoid any surprises.

I missed out on the Gokin Gurren Lagann (which I believe was made by Kaiyodo).

I will not miss the KA version.

it was by Konami.

well, everybody was expecting a SOC GL...

as for the scale, i hope it's 1/100... coz if it's 1/144 its only gonna be as tall or maybe a little taller than the revoltech GL. :unsure:

I really enjoyed Gunbuster 2, more so than the first series. Don't get me wrong, the first series was good, but God it felt like forever before the story picked up speed. Only so many scenes of robots doing jumping jacks until I go nuts.

Gunbuster 2 was so over the top that I loved it. The mechs had their own personality and super powers, and each episode was action packed.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw it over the weekend. mind-blowingly awesome (as if the series wasn't already). I agree with the emphasis on Kittan's sacrifice. And I loved the movie's version of the epilogue. At least here, we get to see what Simon has been doing -- and it's definitely a worthwhile endeavor, showing his dedication to Nia's memory.

I just can't get over how awesome the final battle was. I just wish i could watch it on a real movie screen.

Finally saw it over the weekend. mind-blowingly awesome (as if the series wasn't already). I agree with the emphasis on Kittan's sacrifice. And I loved the movie's version of the epilogue. At least here, we get to see what Simon has been doing -- and it's definitely a worthwhile endeavor, showing his dedication to Nia's memory.

I just can't get over how awesome the final battle was. I just wish i could watch it on a real movie screen.

Normally I'm a bit wary of movie versions of anime series (Escaflowne or Raxephon anyone?) , but with the good feedback these films are getting, I'll definitely a go at them. Downloading as I type.

Finally got to see the movies, and yes, they are everything that's been advertised . I really liked the epilogue too.

And that final battle. Wow. Talk about over the top!

Having a Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan followed by a Tengen Toppa version of everyone fighting was just plain epic. And Simon fighting it out on foot with the Anti Spiral. No words to describe it

Just finished it this evening.

Why do I feel a sudden urge to go and buy the biggest power drill I can find? :)

I know what you mean. Someone in the office asked today if I knew how to change the toner of our printer and my answer came in something that roughly equated to "Who the hell do you think I am? Of course I can!"

I know what you mean. Someone in the office asked today if I knew how to change the toner of our printer and my answer came in something that roughly equated to "Who the hell do you think I am? Of course I can!"

"Ours is the toner that will pierce the heavens!" :lol: