The Gurren Lagann Thread.

Well damn, it took me this long to bother watching the show on account of watching other anime. Stupid Macross!

-The mecha were all hand drawn- no CGI at all!

-The show kinda reminded me of Trigun. Similar setting that starts out really silly and simple that evolves into something way more complex and dark as it went on.

-Ending was a bit lame. They might as well had Simon go off in his own a blaze of glory rather than mope around the desert and dig holes rest of his life. Maybe he could dig graves for a living. Sad sad sad...

It's funny going through the earlier comments in this thread when you were all complaining that it was going to be an awful show that was cliche' and full of fanservice nonsense, and then after a few episodes you'll like OMG!! :lol::lol: Bestest Anime EVA!!!! :wub:

They used the CG in areas you may not have realized it. That is besides the anti-spiral ships. Yeah ending is kind of a let down but maybe gainax will change the ending in the second movie.

wawawawahaaaaaaaaaaaaat

i hope that studio does a second ova

and Pete those are some beautiful bubbly jubblies I remember when I lived in Zurich and vacationed on the Croatian coast man those Polish girls are so well endowed. Ahh must be something in the milk! :p

Hmm? Of which bubbly jubblies do you speak?? If you're refering to the ones that appear on the first page of chapter three of my photo-comic linked in my sig - those belong to Yoko, who isn't Polish :)

But as for Polish girls being well endowed - I agree :)

Well damn, it took me this long to bother watching the show on account of watching other anime. Stupid Macross!

-The show kinda reminded me of Trigun. Similar setting that starts out really silly and simple that evolves into something way more complex and dark as it went on.

-Ending was a bit lame. They might as well had Simon go off in his own a blaze of glory rather than mope around the desert and dig holes rest of his life.

It's funny going through the earlier comments in this thread when you were all complaining that it was going to be an awful show that was cliche' and full of fanservice nonsense, and then after a few episodes you'll like OMG!! :lol::lol: Bestest Anime EVA!!!! :wub:

I have nothing against CGI; I like it in Macross Zero and Frontier -- but damn...hand drawn mecha are really something to behold (Char's Counter attack gets kudos from me for some of the best hand drawn Mecha I've ever seen - just in terms of the detail of the line art there...) ... And Gurren Lagann is soooo nostalgically Retro fun.

It's not just the Mecha that are hand drawn though... There are tons of scenes...the whole art style is extremely retro - like they're bringing back the 70s or something. I really REALLY like that. It's like -- I've been dreaming of seeing a new animated show that uses the OLD animation styles - and Gurren Lagann delivers. It revives the old styles and shows that they can still be exciting and fresh and meaningful today.

The ending was Tragic - but Simon had to accept his Tragic Fate - the only alternative would have been total annihilation of the universe - exactly what the Anti-Spirals warned about. This is why it was important that Simon did not use Spiral power to bring Nia back to life or to fight eternally. He led a life of truth, love and passion - and that was enough. Going beyond that would risk the universe and make the Anti-Spiral's point that Spiral beings would necessarily evolve into Spiral Nemesis and thus had to live underground and eat moles.

As for the earlier comments...I dunno....I think I might have been an early casualty of those comments because I saw that pic of Yoko with Boota in her boobs and Graham's whole "not for me!" line and thought..."oh ok...it's just one of those flashy boobies wierd Japanese shows I hear so much about."

Kind of like right now in discussions of Ikke Tousen I am hearing that it's just girls fighting and tearing their clothes off...

Hmm...is it really just that?

Because - you know - when people give summaries like that...I literally think to myself that I'm going to turn on Ikke Tousen and it's going to be 30 minutes of "crash! pow! ooooh! my panties!"

I guess with Gurren Lagann, I kind of thought it would be similar.

But then...one fateful day... I decided that I needed to "check out" something totally new - and I guess it was Yoko's boobs that made me think "why not? Worse case - I'll just look at her boobs for 25 minutes and then write the series off."

The first episode was...interesting! And the cliffhangers at the end of each episode were great - particularly since there was no retconing...no "status quo" that everything went back to... nor was there slow pacing building up to some "finale." Nope! The whole show was just one big finale after another being pierced!

I think Gurren Lagann is actually better than Macross. The only thing that Macross has going for it is the entire history - comparatively. Gurren Lagann is a one time explosion of awesome energy.

So I guess it's hard to tell whether it or Macross will endure as #1 in my mind - I freely admit to having been totally bamboozled by Gurren Lagann. I feel like a guy who's been married for 30 years and suddenly falls in love with the new girl on the block :)

Is Gurren Lagann the Otaku's equivalent of a Midlife crisis? :lol:

In any event - whatever! I've always believed that old girlfriends and new girlfriends should just be friends in the best of both worlds!

But glad to hear you've watched Gurren Lagann! :)

Pete

-Ending was a bit lame. They might as well had Simon go off in his own a blaze of glory rather than mope around the desert and dig holes rest of his life.

I thought the ending was great. Unlike everyone else who discovered the power of the spiral, Simon gives it up. It's a pretty bold political statement.

Yep. It's like George Washington refusing to be crowned King of America and then walking away from the Presidency after two terms - he made a pretty revolutionary point. Simon does the same thing:

"Power? For love. Yes. For friendship? Yes. For truth? Yes. Forever? No thanks. Bye."

It was awesome! :)

Pete

I didn't have problem with him turning down being da leader (he really hated the job anyway), it's just that the epilouge was so ambigious. I mean his whole motivation for digging was to find treasure. He like to discover things. Wandering around doing random acts of kindness really didn't fit his profile.

The first movie is really awful by the way. Probably one of the laziest cut and paste jobs I've ever watched, with new animation just to justify getting the story arc done in less than 2 hours. Seriously why do they make movies like that instead of doing an original story? The TV show was already too fast paced enough as it was.

I didn't have problem with him turning down being da leader (he really hated the job anyway), it's just that the epilouge was so ambigious. I mean his whole motivation for digging was to find treasure. He like to discover things. Wandering around doing random acts of kindness really didn't fit his profile.

Hm..

I don't think he turned to wandering around doing random acts of kindness... the thing with the little kid was just there to underscore generational change...that just like once Simon needed a "big brother" to show him the way to crack the shell that was pestering him, so now he shows this kid...but it's just a peanut shell...and it's no longer epic...

Who says he can't discover anything any more? We just don't see any more? Just because Simon says "No...I'm nobody" doesn't mean it's true.

Heck - how many times during the series did Simon pronounce himself worthless and a nobody? And yet thanks to people like Nia, or his Bro' - he always broke through his own fears.

That's just who Simon is - always self-doubting - even when he's an old man.

But it doesn't mean anything is over for him. Who knows what adventures meet him later in the desert?

Again - that scene was just meant to underscore how time moves on and the young become old, and new youngsters take their place and the adventure and drama of the Spiral life form re-asserts itself - forever and ever.

So - the scene totally fit his profile :)

The anime is perfect :)

The first movie is really awful by the way. Probably one of the laziest cut and paste jobs I've ever watched, with new animation just to justify getting the story arc done in less than 2 hours. Seriously why do they make movies like that instead of doing an original story? The TV show was already too fast paced enough as it was.

I've heard about the movie being that way - haven't watched it ... but correct me if I'm wrong - aren't most anime movies nowadays meant to be for people who for whatever reason (lack of time?) didn't watch the series and just need a two hour movie?

I'll always love the series.

As for the series being "too fast paced enough" ...:lol: ...make up your mind :) Too fast paced ... or fast paced enough? :)

Yeah - it was fast paced, especially towards the end - but that's just because it tried to encompass something truly epic and massive into a piddly 27 episodes... I think it did a great job for what it was.

Pete

The original ending was that Simon would go on to become the spiral nemesis, as shown in the prologue in ep 1. But Gainax had a change of heart for him. Man that would of really been the bomb wouldn't it?

"All those stars in the sky, they are our friends...." very powerful line this since those stars were all enemies on the prologue.

But it would be interesting if the movie deviates a little and puts Simon as the spiral nemesis.

The original ending was that Simon would go on to become the spiral nemesis, as shown in the prologue in ep 1. But Gainax had a change of heart for him. Man that would of really been the bomb wouldn't it?

How does the prologue show him to be the Spiral Nemesis? All the prologue shows is him getting ready for Battle on the Arc Gurren Lagann in ship mode (or maybe the Cathedral Terra in Ship mode?...)

I don't actually think there is such a thing as the Spiral Nemesis - it was a manifestation of the fears of the Anti-Spirals. Something theoretically possible with Spiral Power, but practically impossible and ironically the closest thing that came to the Spiral Nemesis WERE the Anti-Spirals, who kept destroying worlds in order to stifle the evolution of the Spiral races (thus coming close to being Spiral Nemisis themselves by effectively destroying the Universe rather than let it progress...under the pretext that progress would lead to destruction.)

Simon breaks through this theoretical fallacy by showing that it's founded on a lie - and on the Anti-Spiral's fear - nothing more.

Simon was never at risk of becoming Spiral Nemisis precisely because of the one thing that makes him Simon: his self-doubt.

In the end, this self-doubt, which throughout the series seemed to be his big weakness, turned out to be his biggest strength - because it allowed him to easily give up the Spiral Power once his battle had been completed.

Just like he was also able to give up political power even while having it - he didn't care for it and was more concerned about Nia and marrying Nia.

Showing Simon becoming the Spiral Nemisis would have ruined the story for any number of reasons.

EDIT: Let me put it even clearer:

All the babble about the "threat" of the "Spiral Nemisis" on the part of the Anti-Spirals was exactly the same as the Village Boss's babble that the roof would collapse if they tried to drill through it to get to the surface.

The Anti-Spirals are no different from the fat village chief - except insofar as they have a bigger stick and needed to be utterly destroyed unlike the Chief who just needed to be free to own a restaurant full of hot waitresses.

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

I thought the ending was great. Unlike everyone else who discovered the power of the spiral, Simon gives it up. It's a pretty bold political statement.

I thought the ending was perfect too. couldn't have ended better. but personally, i would rather not seeing simon old and unrecognized by a child years later. if i would have a choice of the last image of simon, it would be when he left the keys to gurren, grabbed his coat and walked away. perfect. much like i always remember Michael Jordan's last moment to be his game winner against Russel. sure, i know he still played later with the Wizards, but my mind will always go back to that game-winner.

How does the prologue show him to be the Spiral Nemesis? All the prologue shows is him getting ready for Battle on the Arc Gurren Lagann in ship mode (or maybe the Cathedral Terra in Ship mode?...)

I don't actually think there is such a thing as the Spiral Nemesis - it was a manifestation of the fears of the Anti-Spirals. Something theoretically possible with Spiral Power, but practically impossible and ironically the closest thing that came to the Spiral Nemesis WERE the Anti-Spirals, who kept destroying worlds in order to stifle the evolution of the Spiral races (thus coming close to being Spiral Nemisis themselves by effectively destroying the Universe rather than let it progress...under the pretext that progress would lead to destruction.)

Simon breaks through this theoretical fallacy by showing that it's founded on a lie - and on the Anti-Spiral's fear - nothing more.

Simon was never at risk of becoming Spiral Nemisis precisely because of the one thing that makes him Simon: his self-doubt.

In the end, this self-doubt, which throughout the series seemed to be his big weakness, turned out to be his biggest strength - because it allowed him to easily give up the Spiral Power once his battle had been completed.

Just like he was also able to give up political power even while having it - he didn't care for it and was more concerned about Nia and marrying Nia.

Showing Simon becoming the Spiral Nemisis would have ruined the story for any number of reasons.

EDIT: Let me put it even clearer:

All the babble about the "threat" of the "Spiral Nemisis" on the part of the Anti-Spirals was exactly the same as the Village Boss's babble that the roof would collapse if they tried to drill through it to get to the surface.

The Anti-Spirals are no different from the fat village chief - except insofar as they have a bigger stick and needed to be utterly destroyed unlike the Chief who just needed to be free to own a restaurant full of hot waitresses.

Pete

I'm not sure that the existence of the Spiral Nemesis was a fallacy, or simply an unfounded fear of the Anti-Spirals. In fact, IIRC, Simon even realized that the Anti-Spiral was right. I think Simon also understood at the last moment that Spiral Power, if left unchecked, would definitely become the Spiral Nemesis.

BUT, Simon, full of absolute source of willpower and faith in himself, again decided that he WILL DO THE IMPOSSIBLE and prevent the Spiral Nemesis from ever taking place. even if all science and common sense indicates that it is inevitable. In a way, it fits with the theme of the series... to (row, row) fight the power, face the inevitable and impossible, and overcome it. as only Simon could do.

In this sense, i also don't see how Simon could be defined by "self-doubt". If anything, I think he's defined by overwhelming self-confidence and faith in himself. sure, he had self doubt before Kamina died (hence, Kamina had to rely on his classic "believe in me who believes in you"). I think, by the end, Simon already believed in himself. he didn't doubt that he would defeat the anti-spiral. even in the face of logic that the spiral nemesis is inevitable, he didn't doubt that he (and humanity) can avoid it. he didn't doubt for one second that what he was doing was right, even if it meant that Nia was going to disappear as a result. and finally, he didn't doubt that humanity would be ok, with or without him. needless to say, i believe that his decision to give up his political power was the ULTIMATE manifestation of self confidence on his part. he was confident that he opened the door well enough for others to follow without his help anymore.

if anything, i think the entire point of Gurren Lagann, from a personal perspective, is the journey from self-doubt to ultimate self-confidence. to say that simon is still defined by his "self-doubt" to the very end would be a disservice to him and to the plot. in my opinion, of course. :)

I agree with you, and the only difference between what we say is our definition of "self doubt" and, conversely, "self-confidence."

By self-doubt, all I meant was a recognition of limits. See, there are artificial limits and real limits, and Simon fights the former but bows before the latter. Gurren Lagann is about understanding the distinction between them. Roussieu didn't - which is why he let himself go down the "logical" path of absolute political power corrupting absolutely.

Simon's self-doubt can also be identified with a different phrase: he does not lust for power. Kamina didn't either, by the by. Ultimately both sides were using power to fight for something they thought was just. Lord Genome, in a way, behaved like Simon - who gave up Spiral Power.

Well - Lord Genome also gave up Spiral Power - he stopepd fighting and accepted a dull existence, accepted what he thought to be the 'natural' and rightful boundaries or limits of the universe - accepted that for humans to survive, they must live in a world as he crafted it - underground, with their evolution stinted, and that beast-men, who did not possess spiral power, were fitting heirs to the surface.

This is no different, in a sense, from Simon giving up his Spiral Power and deciding not to bring back Nia. For Simon - that was his limit - that was his boundary. He was not going to use the Spiral Power to re-shape the world as he saw fit.

But that is also the essential difference between Simon's limitations and those of Lord Genome (or of the Anti-Spirals and the Village Chief).

The Anti-Spirals, the Village Chief and Lord Genome projected their view of the limits or boundaries of Nature onto others. Their theories about what was possible and impossible were foisted onto others.

They did so because while they always doubted the capacity of others to handle great power wisely - they never doubted their own ability to do so.

The Anti-Spirals questioned the wisdom of the Spiral beings in wielding spiral power - but they never questioned their own wisdom. Lord Genome lorded over the Earth "for its' own good" - but never questioned whether the power he used and the way he used this power were good for him? Whether he too might not be wise enough to use this power justly?

This is what Nia questioned when she confronted him - and what Lord Genome ultimately learned at the end, when he thanked Nia "my daughter" while sacrificing himself to defeat the Anti-Spirals - something that he should have done in his first battle with them, but due to his fear - he did not.

See - it's a tricky thing...

Most characters feel self-confidence and when they acquire more spiral power, their confidence grows - then the Anti-Spirals show them the desperation and senselesseness of their quest and these once self-confident characters cringe in terror and re-assert themselves by using the spiral power in accordance with Anti-Spiral philosophy.

They do so precisely because they never experienced self-doubt as Simon had. If they did, then like Simon, they would understand that they have no right, no claim of superior intelligence or purity of motive to use the Spiral power to advance their whims.

Simon understood that bringing Nia back to life, or reclaiming his role as "Leader" of humanity or Kamina City or the Universe or whatever - was wrong. No person is by nature born to forever lord over other people and use power to change life and death to suit himself.

Simon understood this because as a character, he was always doubting himself - and by doing so, he was doubting his lowest impulses. He made fear an ally insofar as he taught himself to fear his own vices and his own inclinations.

Gurren Lagann is indeed about surprassing your fears and going all the way and doing the impossible - but there is also a more subtle layer to the teaching of the anime - and it is revealed it the ending, which people seem to be bothered by as being so "anti climactic."

To me - the ending grows out of the entire series - it's a natural finish to the plot because it is the way Simon would act in accordance with all we've seen of his character.

Gurren Lagann is not about power, it is not about will to power. That's what, I think, some people get confused about. This show is not Nietzschean.

That's what the Anti-Spirals would have you think. Oh - Spiral Beings with their Will To Power will destroy the universe so we must place artificial limits on them and Noble Lies are necessary to keep them at bay otherwise everything will be destroyed etc etc etc.

But that's not the teaching of Gurren Lagann - that's the fear of the Anti Spirals - that's one of the view points Gurren Lagann presents.

But the anime as a whole, I think, teaches us that this fear of the Anti-Spirals births the destruction that they claim to wish to prevent. They themselves live a life of hollow living death and the universe they construct is one where life is stiffled - just as it "would be" if the Spiral Nemesis came into being.

That is to say - to borrow from Neon Genesis Evangelion for a moment - remember when Gendo says "the Ultimate End of Evolution is Death" - and they decide that speeding up the Angel's evolution will lead it to death?

Well - that's pretty much the Anti-Spirals in a nutshell. They fear the suffering associated with Death, so they reconstruct the universe to be one giant Euthenasia Factory where death is slow, painless and where no one is allowed to dream of happiness in this life so as to save them from disillusionment.

Simon dreams - and Simon goes through disillusionment - and yet he does not regret it, and survives it, and does not destroy the universe in the process.

He is able to do this because he always had a sense of his own limits - and I disagree that over the course of the show he shed them. I think that these limits matured along with him.

I think you're projecting Kamina onto him with this view that he achieved some "ultimate self-confidence."

Remember that after Kamina died, Simon mopped around because he couldn't be like his brother.

My favorite episode, episode 11 (IIRC) is when Simon finds himself - he is Simon, the Digger, he is not Kamina. He says so explicitly and it's a powerful powerful scene because Simon accepts himself, with all his short comings - just like beauitful Nia accepts him.

And in that scene Simon surpasses Kamina because he shows that it is possible to be confident while also being weak and humble.

Simon never develops a Kamina-complex.

Anyways - hope that clears up my view on the matter :)

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

I agree with you, and the only difference between what we say is our definition of "self doubt" and, conversely, "self-confidence."

By self-doubt, all I meant was a recognition of limits. See, there are artificial limits and real limits, and Simon fights the former but bows before the latter. Gurren Lagann is about understanding the distinction between them. Roussieu didn't - which is why he let himself go down the "logical" path of absolute political power corrupting absolutely.

Simon's self-doubt can also be identified with a different phrase: he does not lust for power. Kamina didn't either, by the by. Ultimately both sides were using power to fight for something they thought was just. Lord Genome, in a way, behaved like Simon - who gave up Spiral Power.

Well - Lord Genome also gave up Spiral Power - he stopepd fighting and accepted a dull existence, accepted what he thought to be the 'natural' and rightful boundaries or limits of the universe - accepted that for humans to survive, they must live in a world as he crafted it - underground, with their evolution stinted, and that beast-men, who did not possess spiral power, were fitting heirs to the surface.

This is no different, in a sense, from Simon giving up his Spiral Power and deciding not to bring back Nia. For Simon - that was his limit - that was his boundary. He was not going to use the Spiral Power to re-shape the world as he saw fit.

But that is also the essential difference between Simon's limitations and those of Lord Genome (or of the Anti-Spirals and the Village Chief).

The Anti-Spirals, the Village Chief and Lord Genome projected their view of the limits or boundaries of Nature onto others. Their theories about what was possible and impossible were foisted onto others.

They did so because while they always doubted the capacity of others to handle great power wisely - they never doubted their own ability to do so.

The Anti-Spirals questioned the wisdom of the Spiral beings in wielding spiral power - but they never questioned their own wisdom. Lord Genome lorded over the Earth "for its' own good" - but never questioned whether the power he used and the way he used this power were good for him? Whether he too might not be wise enough to use this power justly?

This is what Nia questioned when she confronted him - and what Lord Genome ultimately learned at the end, when he thanked Nia "my daughter" while sacrificing himself to defeat the Anti-Spirals - something that he should have done in his first battle with them, but due to his fear - he did not.

See - it's a tricky thing...

Most characters feel self-confidence and when they acquire more spiral power, their confidence grows - then the Anti-Spirals show them the desperation and senselesseness of their quest and these once self-confident characters cringe in terror and re-assert themselves by using the spiral power in accordance with Anti-Spiral philosophy.

They do so precisely because they never experienced self-doubt as Simon had. If they did, then like Simon, they would understand that they have no right, no claim of superior intelligence or purity of motive to use the Spiral power to advance their whims.

Simon understood that bringing Nia back to life, or reclaiming his role as "Leader" of humanity or Kamina City or the Universe or whatever - was wrong. No person is by nature born to forever lord over other people and use power to change life and death to suit himself.

Simon understood this because as a character, he was always doubting himself - and by doing so, he was doubting his lowest impulses. He made fear an ally insofar as he taught himself to fear his own vices and his own inclinations.

Gurren Lagann is indeed about surprassing your fears and going all the way and doing the impossible - but there is also a more subtle layer to the teaching of the anime - and it is revealed it the ending, which people seem to be bothered by as being so "anti climactic."

To me - the ending grows out of the entire series - it's a natural finish to the plot because it is the way Simon would act in accordance with all we've seen of his character.

Gurren Lagann is not about power, it is not about will to power. That's what, I think, some people get confused about. This show is not Nietzschean.

That's what the Anti-Spirals would have you think. Oh - Spiral Beings with their Will To Power will destroy the universe so we must place artificial limits on them and Noble Lies are necessary to keep them at bay otherwise everything will be destroyed etc etc etc.

But that's not the teaching of Gurren Lagann - that's the fear of the Anti Spirals - that's one of the view points Gurren Lagann presents.

But the anime as a whole, I think, teaches us that this fear of the Anti-Spirals births the destruction that they claim to wish to prevent. They themselves live a life of hollow living death and the universe they construct is one where life is stiffled - just as it "would be" if the Spiral Nemesis came into being.

That is to say - to borrow from Neon Genesis Evangelion for a moment - remember when Gendo says "the Ultimate End of Evolution is Death" - and they decide that speeding up the Angel's evolution will lead it to death?

Well - that's pretty much the Anti-Spirals in a nutshell. They fear the suffering associated with Death, so they reconstruct the universe to be one giant Euthenasia Factory where death is slow, painless and where no one is allowed to dream of happiness in this life so as to save them from disillusionment.

Simon dreams - and Simon goes through disillusionment - and yet he does not regret it, and survives it, and does not destroy the universe in the process.

He is able to do this because he always had a sense of his own limits - and I disagree that over the course of the show he shed them. I think that these limits matured along with him.

I think you're projecting Kamina onto him with this view that he achieved some "ultimate self-confidence."

Remember that after Kamina died, Simon mopped around because he couldn't be like his brother.

My favorite episode, episode 11 (IIRC) is when Simon finds himself - he is Simon, the Digger, he is not Kamina. He says so explicitly and it's a powerful powerful scene because Simon accepts himself, with all his short comings - just like beauitful Nia accepts him.

And in that scene Simon surpasses Kamina because he shows that it is possible to be confident while also being weak and humble.

Simon never develops a Kamina-complex.

Anyways - hope that clears up my view on the matter :)

Pete

I see your point and agree and can add a bit more in my own theory

Life, nature, the universe is imperfect. Imperfection ism is the perfect system. It creates the dimensions and time. Without the Universe continually seeking perfection there would be no movement, no time. Just a sea of DEAD. In G.L. The Anti Spirals believed they were the culmination of Perfection and thus time around them and the universe was a sea of dead. Therefore they were the cause of destroying the universe. Spirals are expanding the universe. Life is the only antithesis to system decay and as soon as Lord G. gave up growth and expansion he was decaying the universe around him even if they were not his intentions. In the end of the OVA we see an older Simon and if you look at his eyes you can see the same spiral energy as Lord G. I interpret that as the growth of the imperfect power.

It's not like the international market for anime is what holds it up in Japan. I think the best way to combat piracy is to offer your anime streaming for free with ads. That's how I watched this show on youtube.

On a side note, I take it back what I said about the movie. It's not that bad. If you like the show you should definently watch it- just don't expect a lot of differences (aside from the last 20 minutes or so).

• 2 weeks later...

can't wait for a subbed ver to come up... dl'ing the RAW in the meantime... :)

great news about the OVA... hope more merchandise/toys are made... specifically, a poseable (figma/revo/whatever) Kamina figure!!!... and while they're at it, i'd also like an adult Yoko (ep. 21) action figure w/ optional Gunbee... :D

Edited by m0n5t3r

just finished watching the RAW... AWESOME!!!... even if i only understood, like, 1-2% of the dialog, LOL! :lol:

can't wait for the subbed ver.... that'll be even more AWESOME.

Chouginga Dai Gurren Brigade FTW!... in fact Chouginga whatever-the-hell-that-was-i-just-saw FTW!

:)

Just watched the 2nd movie and it was pretty good. I liked the new toyline introduced... I mean the new tengen toppas and the even longer with Spiral Nemisis was pretty neat. TV show still did a better job but if the show was a 9.5/10 for the ending episodes I'd give the movies 8.5/10 still pretty damn good just not as good worth checking out for the few extras added in.... and random bewbs :blink:

I saw Nia and Yoko nipples. That alone makes OVA 2 awesome.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM??? RARRRRR!!!

Also, i now want a Dai Gurren Dan cape for myself and for any potential naked girl I might save....

PM'd you BSS subbed ver., avi and mkv. :)

Thank you! I downloaded it. Now I just have to find the time to watch it between, domestic single dad-ness, girlfriend, jobs, band, social life and toy hobbies. Oh, yeah and eating and sleeping. But I cant wait!

Finished watching Gurren Lagann. Its awesomeness it quite literally breathtaking so unless I wanna develop a severe post-Gurren depression I have to watch some more. Getting myself those Gurren Lagann movies you are talking about...