The Gurren Lagann Thread.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CRUEL CRUEL OOP!

Man, why couldn't you have found this 2 weeks ago, I totally would have imported it!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANZB-2784

Your penance shall be to keep a vigilant eye out for a bluray release!!

But...but.....

It was released yesterday! :(

I still have no idea what it is. A DVD of the PV with a CD single?

But...but.....

It was released yesterday! :(

I still have no idea what it is. A DVD of the PV with a CD single?

Looks like a super LE (out at amazon jp too) DVD/CD combo set, with this video, maybe some other stuff, voice actor interview, cd soundtrack with song, and an artbook with sketches & storyboards from the aforementioned video.

Best of all, it was only $30, which is like finding something for $10 here, seriously, things are that expensive in Japan :)

Looks like a super LE (out at amazon jp too) DVD/CD combo set, with this video, maybe some other stuff, voice actor interview, cd soundtrack with song, and an artbook with sketches & storyboards from the aforementioned video.

Best of all, it was only $30, which is like finding something for $10 here, seriously, things are that expensive in Japan :)

Only out for a day and the price has doubled.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%A4%A9%E5%85%83...2541&sr=8-1

I think this is by a 2ndary seller. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
i don't collect static figs but i just couldn't pass these up (impulse buy...) :)

3621867411_d3bedc10ed_o.jpg

esp. love the finish on King Kittan... :)

Those look great! I am so tempted to pick up this lot too. I am so totally out of display space though. And out of money and credit but that never stops me!

I was thinking about getting this until I saw the price and said forget it I much rather get a SOC.

http://toy-wave.com/eng/detail.php?id=11716&table=88

saw that too... not that nice in person, IMO... the big figures of Yoko and Lord Genome were also nice, but i don't collect those...

the best ones aside from the ones i got were the set of nendoroid figs of Viral, Nia, Simon and Kamina... they were IMO hella-cute (can you say "cute" on this board??? :lol: :lol:... on par w/ the nendo MacF set of Alto, Micro Klan, Sheryl and Ranka), just not my cup of tea... ^_^

Monster, by static, you mean absolutely ZERO articulation?? I so want that King Kittan bad to pose next to my revoltechs.

well, a bit of good news for King Kittan... you can swivel the arms at the bicep area, for the pose pictured at the back with the drill attached to where his hand is and is raised a la giga drill breaker pose...

i actually really got this set coz of King Kittan... the finish of the yellow is soooo nice in person... and i think the size is good enough to pose w/ the GL revos...

and you're actually getting 5 figures w/ the set coz you get to build Lagann out of the parts that go w/ each of the four figures... :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5RyKfgOYPI

Does anyone know a trick to saving video's from youtube?

Easiest way, use keepvid.com

Make sure you have the proper codecs to play mp4 (HD) and .flv (SD) though.

Btw the DVD RIP is out on torrents in the usual spots and you might want that rather than the one on youtube.

Easiest way, use keepvid.com

Make sure you have the proper codecs to play mp4 (HD) and .flv (SD) though.

Btw the DVD RIP is out on torrents in the usual spots and you might want that rather than the one on youtube.

Sweet, this worked awesome, also go the Daicon opening animations. I know great things can be found via torrent, but I've yet to actually trust the software enough to test it. Someday! I miss the old days of decent ftp sites with straight files.

I would just like to announce that while re-watching Episode 1 last night, I noted that towards the end, when Boota makes his way out of Yoko's wonderful breasts, Kamina wonders out loud:

"I wonder which tastes better?"

I never noticed this before. I bow before Kamina-Sama :)

Pete

just opened my Revoltech Gurren+Lagann

(w/ Banpresto Ichiban Kuji figs)

3649948766_2ccce4b3b8.jpg

i like that it comes w/ this little plastic box where you can put the extra parts esp. the Lagann parts w/c are very small and have a tendency to get lost.

They look great Monster :) I hope to have mine very soon :) I think the little box is going to be standard with all new Revoltech releases, as I keep seeing it crop up on all the picture-adds - but I could be wrong. Though that kind of accessory would certainly be helpful. I am pretty careful about keeping my parts (from Revoltech and other lines) in one place always, but with hundreds of figures and models it gets hard to keep up sometimes. I remember having a near heart attack when I "lost" my Revy parts and super parts for Revoltech VF-1S...

In the end, it turned out I hadn't "lost" them - they were in the baggy that I put them in... but when moving from one closet to another in a re-arrangement, I stashed the baggy on top of a Nora box or something and it was invisible to me... so - yeah - little plastic boxes all the way.

And those Ichiban Kuji figures continue to impress - though it's a tad bit shame that King Kittan has that drill - it'd be more fitting to pose him with Arc Gurren Lagann given that :)

Pete

I would just as soon go for a parts former SOC from bandai.

With super robots, where you know that it's mainly anime magic, the parts forming doesn't bother me.

Besides, the Studio Half Eye PT Getter Robo, while certainly amazing, isn't exactly anime accurate :)

I like what Bandai does with the SOCs. fun fun fun super robot fun :)

Gurren Lagann is all about that - only MORE so! :)

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this today:

Thank your for choosing Toywiz.com! This e-mail is regarding order number 983919 from our online store. Unfortunately the item that you ordered, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Revoltech #066 Super Poseable Action Figure Enkidudu (Pre-order ships April), is no longer in stock. You were not charged for this item. We make every effort to prevent this sort of situation and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you. If, in the future, we are able to obtain the item, we will contact you at the earliest opportunity. For any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

They are even going to get any stateside. Man this ruins my day.

Anybody want to help a guy out and trade my spare Enki for their spare Enkidudu? Anybody know where Enkidudu can be had?

This is Revoltech Yoko's stand. It is bent. It is the only Fraulein stand that something like this has happened to.

vpgnqe.jpg

At first, I was a little upset at Kaiyodo - maybe I got a defective stand that had very bad durability?

Then - I realized I should praise Kaiyodo to the ground.

Why?

Because the stand is so anime accurate!

After all? How did it get that way?

Answer:

mv2cnm.jpg

YOKO YOU HAVE A BIG FAT ASS THAT BREAKS KAIYODO STANDS!!!

ANIME ACCURATE REVOLTECH YOKO ASS ATTACK HASHIN!!

Ahem.

And to finish off, a family picture:

14y7mso.jpg

Please note: Ayanami Rei was not hurt in the making of that photograph. Contrary to what you are seeing, Gurren Lagann does NOT have her head on a drill-pike. She was posing behind him, and that's just how it came out...

Fight the Powa!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...