How many Chunky Monkey's do you own

91WhiskeyM6

My original Jetfire (my link to the past)

Joon's Hikaru 1J

Joon's Milia 1J

Joon's wacky blue canopy 1J

Bandai Strike 1S

Reissue Hikaru 1J

Reissue Focker 1S

Reissue CF 1A

Reissue Hikaru 1A

Reissue Super Focker 1S

Reissue Max 1J

Reissue Milia 1J

... and Jesse's recast GBP armor and Strike armor

All I really need is a SuperO and an Elint...

and a custom 1D...

Okay, I'll admit it - I still have serious love for the chunky monkeys.

I have close to fifty of 'em. I can't even remember the totals.

My only disappointment is that I only have one Milia re-issue instead of two. I have at least two of everything else and in some cases a dozen or more.

Six Supers.....eight Jetfires....eight DYRL "A" models, eight Cannon Fodders, four or five "S" models, two Max models....six Hikaru "J" models.... I'm losing track of them all.... But a lot any way.

I kinda' went nuts and bought everything that came out in big bunches. I have no idea what I will do with them all. I think I was simply compensating for my childhood lack of Valkyries. I had a JF mint in the box that got stolen/lost when I was in high school. I have yet to recover from that incident.

Edited by Skull-1

I still love the 1/55, and here is what I have:

3 Jetifires; 1 converted to a Super VF-1S Max, the other to a Strike Roy (my pride and joy)

1 VF-1A Brownie

1 Super VF-1S reissue

1 VF-1J Hikaru reissue (to put in my GBP-1S)

1 VF-1A Hikaru reissue (which will be converted to a VF-1S strike with the recast armour I aquired).

:)

I've only got one 1/55 Super VF-1S Bandai reissue. I got it just to see what a genuine chunkey monkey looks and feels like, as the original toys from the 1980's were out of reach for me.

I must admit that it is far more "playable" than any of my Yamato's. Perhaps, I should rephrase that: I feel far more comfortable playing around with it than my Yamato's because I am not afraid of breaking something. I definitely think it is superior that way. However, my main priority is still accuracy of appearance, so I haven't bought any more of the Bandai reissues. Been wasting money on the Yamato 1/48's instead.

ok let's see, I have:

1 VF-1A hikaru

1 VF-1A CF

1 VF-1J hikaru

1 VF-1S roy

1 VF-1J max

1 VF-1J milia

2 Super VF-1S Hikaru

3 Superless VF-1S hikaru

1 Original Bandai Strike valk Hikaru

2 bootlegs

1 Joons hikaru VF-1J

So total is 15, but if I include jetfire as part of the family of chunky monkeys then I have:

3 Jetfires

So that's 18 total. :p:D:lol:

ok let's see, I have:

1 VF-1A hikaru

1 VF-1A CF

1 VF-1J hikaru

1 VF-1S roy

1 VF-1J max

1 VF-1J milia

2 Super VF-1S  Hikaru

3 Superless VF-1S hikaru

2 bootlegs

1 Joons hikaru VF-1J

So total is 15, but if I include jetfire as part of the family of chunky monkeys then I have:

3 Jetfires

So that's 18 total.  :p  :D  :lol:

Jet fire is kinda the bastard son of valks.

Edited by GobotFool

ok let's see, I have:

1 VF-1A hikaru

1 VF-1A CF

1 VF-1J hikaru

1 VF-1S roy

1 VF-1J max

1 VF-1J milia

2 Super VF-1S  Hikaru

3 Superless VF-1S hikaru

2 bootlegs

1 Joons hikaru VF-1J

3 Jetfires

So that's 18 total.  :p  :D  :lol:

Jet fire is kinda the bastard son of valks.

blasphemer :blink:

every super box but two, which hold my o' and a valk with o' armor, have jetfires in them. Kinda sad that with all those boxes I don't have a single super with armor... :unsure:

good thing i'm married cause I sure wouldn't want to bring a strange girl back to a bedroom with this much crap :lol:

Hah! Funny to see this thread is back - I just got my first chunky monkey from HLJ (picked up a Roy VF-1S while they were on sale). It's wild playing with this thing - it brings back so many memories of my trusty old Jetfire from when I was a kid. Ahhhh the memories ...

It's a nice little brick, and I forgot just how solid these things are. And all the joints "click". The price was right on this, and I'm glad I got it now - it's definitely the one to hand to "friends" who like to get touchy feely with my Yamatos. "Here ... why don't you put that down and play with this one instead ..." ;)

total Bandai I own

42 chunkies

15 M7 brick

9 HCM

8 SD joke

hey sithlord, care to show us a picture of all that? I would love to see 9 HCM's in one area and 8 JM's as well. You can show us the whole lot in one picture. That would be great. Thanx! :p:D:lol:

total Bandai I own

42 chunkies

15 M7 brick

9 HCM

8 SD joke

Sith out of utter curiousity where do you live exactly. I want to know exactly where you live. Just out of complete and total innocent curiousity :lol::p

Edited by GobotFool

Recently sold most of my old Chunky Monkeys on ebay, so only have the following left.

Takatoku 1/55 = 1pc. (VF-1A CF & 1 set of GBP-1S armor).

Bandai 1/55 = 1pc. (VF-1S Strike).

Joons = 1pc. (VF-1J Hikaru)

Bandai Reissues = 7pcs. (1 of each type).

Total = 10pcs.

Graham

Oh, and just like to add, the only reason I'm keeping any 1/55 toys is that when and if I have a kid, they will be used for 'baby's first Valks' :lol:

Seriously, if I have a kid, and they show an interest in Macross, I'll give em the 1/55s to play with when they are maybe 4 years old.

Graham

I proudly own 8 of these examples of solid, yet adequately beautiful designs. Folks, consider these Valkyries to be the Volvos of the toy universe.

1 Super VF 1S

3 VF 1S (1 Bandai, 1 Joons, 1 bootleg)

2 VF 1A (Bandai CF and Hikaru)

2 VF 1J (1 Bandai and 1 Taka)

1 Jetfire

1 VF 17

2 YF 19 (Blazer & Fire)

1 Orguss (does that count?)

In fact I`d still like Max and Millia Vf 1Js

joons made a 1s??? I though all I was missing was the green one?!?!

as my monkey collection grows by 3 since the last time I posted :rolleyes: