Toynami 1/100 VF-1J - Inverse Max

theplasticwerks

What's that descending from the heavens?

IPB Image

It's the Inverse Max 1J!

Straightforward custom. It's Hikaru's 1J with blue replacing the red (thus, the Inverse Max), just a what-if concept. I may get another to make a Kakizaki 1J that follows this scheme (seeing as an inverse version of his TV 1A would pretty much be a CF).

I dipped the tip of the nose into some Tamiya Deck Tan (like many real fighters have), and decided I liked the subtle contrast to the off-white the Hik 1J comes molded in that I added other tan details. The blue is Games Workshop Ultramarine Blue (and the blue used for the lights and special addition in the paragraph below came with an AMT/Ertl X-Wing)

I also added Max. I took a Master Grade Gundam pilot figure (this one being from the Kaempher), amputated him at the knee, and sanded his butt down until his head cleared the canopy, then painted him in an appoximation of Max's TV flightsuit. I didn't bother sculpting the helmet visor, since the canopy's not clear enough for you to tell if it's there or not. I may go back and add in the forward console and back of the pilot seat, but given the level of detail on the Valk to start I may as well leave the cockpit as it is now. It's a toy, not a replica :p

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

More pics on my Flickr account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81944050@N00/

Enjoy!