Ace Combat 6:Skies of Liberation for XBOX360!

It will appear on the PS3 as well. It is a timed exclusive. I don't think we'll ever see many 3rd party exclsuives anymore...all exclusives will wind up being mostly 1st party games like Halo & Gran Turismo with a few exclusive 3rd party ones like Capcom's Lost Planet for 360 and MGS4 for PS3.

• 2 months later...

You know I'm actually thinking of getting an X-Box 360 for this. Two reasons, mainly. One, Typhoon vs Rafale. Its almost my duty to get in a Typhoon and prove which Euro canard is better... :)

Second, I'm English. Which means that I know how to speak proper in an aircraft. None of this "Maverick, Fox Two, tracking a bogey!" stuff. Instead: "Blue flight, angels twenty, vector 280, buster chaps! Bandits twelve o'clock, Tally Ho!". :p

The graphic detail and draw distance looks good. I was always scared to play flight sims on pc(too much realism for my taste) but ace combat is the kind of series that I can easily get into due to being arcadey. The original game actually was an arcade game come to think of it..

I really wish there was a company that made a fictional space sim in the arcadey style of the acecombat games though.. (it would be freeform, not onrails) Colony wars on ps1 was pretty cool. But something for the next gen consoles that takes advantage of the increased power. (only dumb it down just enough to be attractive to the console gamer but without making the "physics" too fake like those rogue squadron games. What PGR is to race "sims", I want a space sim equivalent, balancing just enough realism and convincing controls with fun so as not to scare the *arcade crowd)

*The kind of people who go for those games where there is a emphasis on speed and fast reactions more than time spent training: after burner, space harrier, panzer dragoon, starfox etc..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Typhoon vs Rafale? The Gripen's better than either IMHO. :)

Okay, but the Rafale is French and therefore the rivalary is traditional. :)

Incidentally, David, are you talking about as aircraft in the Ace Combat series or in real life?

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Okay, but the Rafale is French and therefore the rivalary is traditional. :)

Come on ! Don't start it over.

But note that starting to country-bash each others from a post about a video game would probably be a first. Maybe we should after all. ;)

Edited Thanks to CoryHolmes for highlighting my mistake.....

Edited by TheFrenchOne

Come one ! Don't start it over.

Come one, come all? :)

I really wish there was a company that made a fictional space sim in the arcadey style of the acecombat games though.. (it would be freeform, not onrails) Colony wars on ps1 was pretty cool. But something for the next gen consoles that takes advantage of the increased power. (only dumb it down just enough to be attractive to the console gamer but without making the "physics" too fake like those rogue squadron games. What PGR is to race "sims", I want a space sim equivalent, balancing just enough realism and convincing controls with fun so as not to scare the *arcade crowd)

*The kind of people who go for those games where there is a emphasis on speed and fast reactions more than time spent training: after burner, space harrier, panzer dragoon, starfox etc..

I was always pleased with the Descent/Freespace games. Quick to learn and lots of fun, especially considering the main competition was Doom II at the time.

Edited by CoryHolmes

Come one ! Don't start it over.

But note that starting to country-bash each others from a post about a video game would probably be a first. Maybe we should after all. ;)

Sorry. I didn't intend to spark off anything serious, I didn't mean anything worse than the sort of characterisation you get in an Asterix book. :) I'll stick to plane talk from now on. :)

Looks like AC6 will be getting a new flight stick. I havn't been able to find any details on it, though. <_<

IPB Image

Looks exactly like my Saitek except in 360 colors.

I <3 my Thrustmaster Cougar.

Looks exactly like my Saitek except in 360 colors.

I <3 my Thrustmaster Cougar.

Too bad this monster is going to be $150 bucks! Did the PS2 sticks cost that much? I thought they were just over a hundred when they were released with AC5? Maybe i'm wrong.

If they were wireless, i would def. be more inclined to plopping down the cash for em, but otherwise... unless they can gurantee me that they'll be releasing AC 7 and 8 on the 360, i'll stick with the good ol' standard.

That stick looks nice, but I'd prefer a different colour scheme personally.

I hope the new game has a couple of missions like the "Round Table" dogfight in "The Belkan War". I love the idea of screaming into the middle of a real furball and saving everyone... :)

Looks like we will be able to do that online too, latest figures say the number of online players has been bumped up from 16, to 32!

Did no one see the new trailer released today?

Downloadable HD Version

Flash Version

It looks pretty damn good though I was impressed. :ph34r:

Another reason for me to get a 360...-_-

The explosions lacked a bit though...

It's disappointing that they are avoiding the PS3 platform, I guess it was a smart move anyways since the majority owns a 360.

Edited by Ishimaru

Too bad this monster is going to be $150 bucks! Did the PS2 sticks cost that much? I thought they were just over a hundred when they were released with AC5? Maybe i'm wrong.

If they were wireless, i would def. be more inclined to plopping down the cash for em, but otherwise... unless they can gurantee me that they'll be releasing AC 7 and 8 on the 360, i'll stick with the good ol' standard.

PS2 AC5 bundle was $129.99

Did no one see the new trailer released today?

Downloadable HD Version

Flash Version

It looks pretty damn good though I was impressed. :ph34r:

Another reason for me to get a 360...-_-

The explosions lacked a bit though...

It's disappointing that they are avoiding the PS3 platform, I guess it was a smart move anyways since the majority owns a 360.

It's coming for PS3...it's a timed 360 exclusive.

The PS2 version was $150.

If they make this in wireless for the 360 for $150, I'd buy it, else, no

Wireless would be great.

If its on the 360 and the 360 is basically a windows box, how easily could it be emulated and played on the PC?

5 years later in a 8GHz, 32 core x86-64, may be. There is nothing close between a wintel box and 360 other than the MS brand.

If its on the 360 and the 360 is basically a windows box, how easily could it be emulated and played on the PC?

5 years later in a 8GHz, 32 core x86-64, may be. There is nothing close between a wintel box and 360 other than the MS brand.

5 years is pretty optimistic. Emulating consoles takes a lot more than raw processor power. By todays standards the Dreamcast had relatively simple hardware architecture and ran Windows CE, yet the system has been out for 8 years and emulation for the Dreamcast still isn't 99%. I'd expect a good decade wait before 360 emulation hits 99%.

One thing that is certain is that the price of the 360 and AC6 will drop. In three years you'll probably be able to pick up both at 50% of todays prices.

One thing that is certain is that the price of the 360 and AC6 will drop. In three years you'll probably be able to pick up both at 50% of todays prices.

This is true, but by that the 360 will probably be considered a vintage console heh. :lol:

As for the stick i'm not so sure it will go for a lot less than what it's going for at release. The PS2 stick still fetches a pretty hefty sum on Ebay.

Hmmm. Gamespot is reporting only 20 planes in this game. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet - I was expecting a lot more than 20. I wonder if they are counting the different versions of some of the planes as one plane? (i.e. all of the F-16 variations in AC5 come to mind) Anyone seen a list of fighters yet?

What is the not-quite-YF-21 looking dark-colored plane which is seen flying with the Super Flankers? It's marked 009, and appears in quite a few places.

I saw a Mirage 2000 S listed on the mission briefing screen. Don't think I saw one anywhere else in the trailer.

I hope the Rafale is in this game. ^_^

Hmmm. Gamespot is reporting only 20 planes in this game. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet - I was expecting a lot more than 20. I wonder if they are counting the different versions of some of the planes as one plane? (i.e. all of the F-16 variations in AC5 come to mind) Anyone seen a list of fighters yet?

What is the not-quite-YF-21 looking dark-colored plane which is seen flying with the Super Flankers? It's marked 009, and appears in quite a few places.

I saw a Mirage 2000 S listed on the mission briefing screen. Don't think I saw one anywhere else in the trailer.

I hope the Rafale is in this game. ^_^

I've read that the Russian planes have never been licensed in the previous games, so they might not count in the number of planes given in the interviews.

I hope they do count different versions of the planes as one plane, that would mean way more planes for us!

After watching the trailer, i felt like digging up my AC Zero copy again. ;)

I continued playing AC Zero at hard level yesterday and dayum dodging missiles during the 2nd last mission in the valley was hell. :lol:

As usual i get frustrated at bombing the V2 stuff in the base. GAH!

Edited by wolfx