Beagle 1/12 Mospeada Ride Armor for 2008

Save

I always found the gun mounted there kinda silly anyways... and I'm pretty sure these are going to be the 'play with in armor mode but know they CAN transform' Ride Armor figs anyways... mostly bc/ of how small the bike is.

Edited by promethuem5

It would be strange that Mint would come with Houquet as she is seen riding with Rey most of the time in the show when she is not riding with Jim in the truck. Houquet is kind of the "rebel" of the group and to the best of my knowledge no one ever rides with her on her bike.

Well, I don't see another forearm armor plate anywhere, so either they just forgot to put it on, or it's not part of their design, which would be a big oversight. Also looks like the armor plates on the sides of the legs don't attach anywhere at the bottom (so as not to limit the leg movement, I guess?). Are those white side covers in the lineart as opposed to the ones used on the large Gakken toy? Man, those armor plates on the back sit too low. Gonna have to see what these things look like when they finally come out. The bikes just don't look that impressive. I would just leave them in armor mode if they don't improve the design.

I dunno, I was always on the fence about how the upper leg armor went... weather it was supposed to be linked to the waste and knees like an exoskeleton bit, or just hang off the waste like an armor skirt bit. It works on these little figures they way it is tho, so I won't complain.

I'm not sure about the gun either... while maybe not lineart accurate, replacing the forearm armor with an integrated armor on the gun IS kinda neat.

When you think about it, the upper leg armor cannot attach to the knee... if it did it would prevent the rotation of your upper leg and seriously curtail the movement of the unit when in armor mode. In the same breath however, those strunts must attach to the knees as they are the chief load bearing members that support the weight of the armor on the user. If they are not attached then the wearer must shoulder the entire weight of the armor without mechanical support.

Once again, this is part of the problem with these designs... they employ a ton of anime magic in them. They look convincing on paper but simply can't "work" in real life and this is yet another area in which compromise has to be made to get the toy to work.

As for the EP-40 beam cannon on Rey's bike it does not have an armor plate... you guy's are thinking of the RL-6 Rocket Launcher on Houquet's bike. That one DOES have the armor plate as it is usable without being mounted on the bike... but Rey's EP-40 is permanently built into the bike and the gun itself is the arm armor.

Rey's EP-40 Beam Cannon

ep-40.jpg

Houquet's RL-6 Rocket Launcher

rl_6.jpg

(those with keen eyes will remember Mint finds one of these in the rubble on the lake island and shoots it)

Oh, sick, so the gun DOES have a built in arm guard... it does look neat on the figure.

You're right about the leg armor as well... it would have to be some kind of ridiculous universal joint to allow human flexibility AND be load-bearing... doesn't quite add up. Maybe we'll realize there's a problem when all of our figures start buckling at the knees! :lol:

Edited by promethuem5

As for the EP-40 beam cannon on Rey's bike it does not have an armor plate... you guy's are thinking of the RL-6 Rocket Launcher on Houquet's bike. That one DOES have the armor plate as it is usable without being mounted on the bike... but Rey's EP-40 is permanently built into the bike and the gun itself is the arm armor.

Dude, my memory has totally failed me. You're absolutely right.

ra-cutaway.jpg

Well, for once I'm glad to be wrong.

Man, those armor plates on the back sit too low. Gonna have to see what these things look like when they finally come out. The bikes just don't look that impressive. I would just leave them in armor mode if they don't improve the design.

I've been complaining about the rear shock absorber being in the wrong angle since the first prototype pics. If only the rear wheel seated a bit lower, even the rider would look better. I hope it's an easy thing to fix ouselves, since Megahouse seems not interested on improve that.

In all practicality the saddle bag boxes should come with Stick because he is prominently shown using them in the first episode. Mint should come with Rey as I stated before (because she is really only seen riding with him). As for what comes with Houquet and Yellow, who knows...

Alot of b*tching and moaning about scale and "correct" sizes, come on now, we haven't had any Mospeada toys in how long? I'm thankful we're getting these.

Well, let me say I think these toys look awesome. I'll definitely get a few.

Even with the faults, I still like them. Not enough to buy more than 1, but I like them (I actually won't even buy 1 of each b/c the Stick/Rey figures are pretty much the same). These things are way too expensive for thier size and accessories.

Edited by protostar8

Well, Stick's "bonus" could be his rifle, but does seem strange if Rey got the saddle bags instead of Mint.

Also personally if we're talking smaller sized stuff, then Yellow having a SAL-9 pistol would seem to make the most sense, more so than a seperate female Yellow figure. But that's me.

Edited by Cyclone

In all practicality the saddle bag boxes should come with Stick because he is prominently shown using them in the first episode. Mint should come with Rey as I stated before (because she is really only seen riding with him). As for what comes with Houquet and Yellow, who knows...

I don't think they need accessories to sell considering that they have different bike designs to begin with.

I don't think they need accessories to sell considering that they have different bike designs to begin with.

Stick and Rey's bikes are basically the same. The only real difference is the right hand blaster/armor and the lack of little missile pods on Rey's forearms. Rey(Rand) should come with Mint and Stick (Scott) should get the saddle bags. Maybe we'll end up seeing that both come with saddle bags and the reviewer just didn't put them on Stick's bike for some reason???

Yellow and Houquet may not need accessories, but it'd be nice.

Edited by protostar8

The MH Cyclone looks great in armor form. I'm not sold on the rider's appearance and proportions. As someone else mentioned, if I do acquire one, it will stay in armor form. It looks quite nice that way.

I don't have my old Gakken Cyclone anymore, so yeah...