1/1 Clone Armor kit

port

Get a life bro! ahh, who am i kidding, im jealous, good job. Did you do it from scratch or a form kit?

Edited by Mechwarrior

That's a good point actually... in the pics at least, the helmet is much whiter than the suit...

And does this mean there'll be no more Gundams from you?

The helmet is weathered just not alot. I'll do another Gundam when they come out with a new PG. I'd like to get back into toys again. Dave.

Are you going to spruce up your setup with Ep.III-ish gear? Pauldrons, kama, sidearms, etc.? A movie paint scheme or a scheme you make up?

I always did like the customization the Ep.III Clones did. I liked the Sandtroopers also from Ep.IV.

what's the real point of wearing clone armor if it really doesn't protect you against anything???

from the movies... i always saw clones and storm troopers getting shot with blasters and they just fall down....

haha.... are there specs of what the actual canon trooper armor is supposed to be made out of???

There's a big reason why the troopers drop like flies in the movies.

Hero Syndrome

Simply put, the major characters for the story / show cannot be killed off before they perform their purpose of the production. When the major characters (heroes or villains) get into combat against opposing forces, it's a simple rule... they can't die and will frequently wade through the enemy. Either that, everyone else drops around them but they themselves escape injury and death.

Again, it's standard fare for books, TV shows, and movies. Action movies are notorious with "Hero Syndrome."

- How many Germans did Tom Hanks' Capt.Miller kill in Saving Private Ryan?

- How many badguys did Arnie kill as Matrix in the movie Commando?

- How many NVA did Stallone's Rambo kill in Rambo II? How many Russians did he kill in Rambo II & III?

- How many guys did J.Stratham kill in Transporter 1 & 2?

The "elite forces" of the opposition in the show / book / etc. may be actually good in their "world" but if facing major characters, there's no hope for them! :lol:

As for Star Wars, Stormtroopers and such are good against Rebels, but suck against the main heroes. In every engagement you see in the Original Trilogy, where Imperial ground forces are just matched against Rebel troops, they beat them badly in every single instance.

- Ep.IV - Stormtroopers board the ship, facing Rebel troops who have the luxury of firing into a narrow corridor into the boarding Stormies who have to initially enter one by one. The Stormtroopers still continue to assault, driving the Rebels back, and commence with securing the ship.

- Ep.V - Battle of Hoth. A huge array of conventional Rebel & Imperial forces fighting on the ground. Lopsided Imperial victory with some losses.

- Ep.VI - Battle of Endor (ground). The Imperial Garrisson had everything under control until Ewok intervention... and I hate Ewoks ever since seeing them in the movies as a kid.

In combat, the only times we see Stormies have problems is against the core heroes :ph34r:

Damn, you look tall port! :o

Awesome Clonetrooper armor! :D Got any close-up pics of your blaster?

Besides the movie schemes, there's also the EU schemes that are being pumped out with the action figures (5th Fleet Security, 442nd Siege Battaltion). Since you're in the 501st, the 501st scheme would fit just fine. ;)

By the way, is that a MR helmet?