Battlestar Galactica DVD set... any takers?

Warmaker

For the new BSG, I dunno. The original is so stuck into my head from watching the syndicated episodes as a kid (even when moved to the USA and didn't speak English). I tend to dislike remakes but I'm curious as to how this will come out.

For the DVD set I'm very likely to get it. The tin can container (I presume) has the face of a Cylon on it B)

Edited to add: I never watched the BSG 1980(?) but from the bad things I heard I guess my fragile little mind at the time probably couldn't handle it. I believe I never should...

Edited by Warmaker

I'll get it. I remember watching it as a kid when it first aired in 1978 or so, and the hype it started because it was such a blatant rip-off of Star Wars at the time.

As for Galactica 1980, the people who concocted that idea should be hung by their toes and left to swing around in the wind. Currently, I have no idea if Glen Larson was involved with that debacle, but if he was, hang him up.

The new Galactica? Nope. I would rather have my memories left intact instead of trumpled into mush.

I'll get it. I remember watching it as a kid when it first aired in 1978 or so, and the hype it started because it was such a blatant rip-off of Star Wars at the time.

As for Galactica 1980, the people who concocted that idea should be hung by their toes and left to swing around in the wind. Currently, I have no idea if Glen Larson was involved with that debacle, but if he was, hang him up.

The new Galactica? Nope. I would rather have my memories left intact instead of trumpled into mush.

Glen Larson was involved with that stinker but I'm not upset. He made up for it with Buck Rodgers in the 25th Century. As for the dvds and the remake, I can't wait a secton for either. :p

Edited by terry the lone wolf