What's the quality in the Toynami Masterpieces?

rewooh

I was wondering if the toynami's MPC's were worth buying?

I heard that they were very unstable and fragile.

I'm concerned because I don't know if anyone else are going to reissue the mospeadas toys other than them..and i don't wanan end up buying poor quality toys...

and plus, i'm thinking about the jack archers ones as welll..

so any thoughts?

Robotech MPC means...?????? (oh great lost my train off thought about an insulting discription of them) Just stay away form them They are not well detailed as the Yamato 1/48 VF-1. You might as well buy Yamato like this one I got. :rolleyes::lol::D

post-4-1066079815_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

HOLD YOUR FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, Its like this.

Masterpeice= Fair quality at a decent price. (meaning on ebay or various websites, you can get them for fairly cheap ($30-50) and fastpacks are fairly cheap at those sites also)They arnt waiting to break, the fit between the parts isnt the greatest. Im willing to bet large sums of cash that thier is more broken 1/48 yamatos then MPC's (broken as in broken parts, not how the fit is)

Yamato's are a far superior toy to them (1/48), but they also reflect it in the price.

So in otherwords, you get more for what you pay for, I have both and like them both, each for different reasons. A lot of people compare, and I think that the word Masterpiece has left a bad taste in some peoples mouth. But read the reviews and look at the pictures and decide how much your wallet can stand

I was wondering if the toynami's MPC's were worth buying?

I heard that they were very unstable and fragile.

I'm concerned because I don't know if anyone else are going to reissue the mospeadas toys other than them..and i don't wanan end up buying poor quality toys...

and plus, i'm thinking about the jack archers ones as welll..

so any thoughts?

I have the first MPC and was disappointed. I wanted more diecast. I have not had any problem instabiltiy or fragility. However, that being said, the later versions of MPCs had more diecast and I know people that really like them. If you really want Archer's I would get it since it is a Toynami exclusive. I have not heard any concrete details about the Alpha's.

I think the quality of the MPC have been alright and similar to Yamato's 1/60's. Some have problems such as loose joints and others do not. I passed on the VF-1 MPC's because I don't like how they look. The MPC Alpha's look pretty good so I plan on buying those.

I wouldn't suggest anyone to buy an MPC.

My opinion about them is:

-Piss poor plastic-As compared to Yamatos and Bandais. The plastic quailty is only slightly better than HK bootlegs and Joons.

-Bad sculpt-Ugly nose cone, inaccurately skinny legs that don't lock at all in Battroid mode, mine came with a broken light, and the whole middle looks like it was stepped on in fighter mode.

-Fast Pack don't stay on for crap and require extra parts that make the whole thing look even more inaccurate than Bandai Chunky Monkeys.

I paid $29.50 for mine and still felt ripped off. I never bothered to taste, smell, or listen to it, but it looks and feels like crap. Two senses are enough for me to call it crap. Stick to Yamatos and Bandais. (1/60s and 1/55s if money's a factor. 1/48 if you're really looking for a real masterpiece.

HOLD YOUR FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, Its like this.

Masterpeice= Fair quality at a decent price. (meaning on ebay or various websites, you can get them for fairly cheap ($30-50) and fastpacks are fairly cheap at those sites also)They arnt waiting to break, the fit between the parts isnt the greatest. Im willing to bet large sums of cash that thier is more broken 1/48 yamatos then MPC's (broken as in broken parts, not how the fit is)

Yamato's are a far superior toy to them (1/48), but they also reflect it in the price.

So in otherwords, you get more for what you pay for, I have both and like them both, each for different reasons. A lot of people compare, and I think that the word Masterpiece has left a bad taste in some peoples mouth. But read the reviews and look at the pictures and decide how much your wallet can stand

I agree with that it is a matter of choice. I have more Yamato's with problems than I do MPC's I would recommend them if you can get one for less than $50.

Here is a good review here. http://www.deepfire.net/~robots/masterforc.../4.0/rot20.html

If you are a big 1/55 fan they are OK I would still prefer the old 1/55's to the MPC. They are best displayed in Battroid mode but in Jet mode look rediculous. They could have done so much better, just look at the 1/48. I had mine for a few hours and decided to sell it fast knowing once people got a hold of them they wouldn't hold their value and would basically have to give it away. If I had to make a decision of owning all the MPC collection or 1 1/48 I would take the 1/48. It is one of the best toys made today. But it is all on personal taste.

I wonder how many RT fans know about the 1/48 or any of the alternative merchandise. I mean it's not largely advertised and we all know about the censorship their fanbase goes thru. I for one would hope that most of them went towards Yamato as their choice because if it helps their sales, it would mean more releases for us. I know there are members on these boards that buy MPCs just because they are completists. It's the only sensible reason for me why anyone would choose to buy them.

Good luck, Rewooh...

I got some of the 1/60s and I was pleased with them. Then I bought the MPC because I thought it was touted as the "Masterpiece Collection". I was going to buy two of each but I was disappointed with the first one which I paid for full price for each. After I got it, I was not happy with it. It looked out of purportion. It still use the swing bar. I compared it to the 1/60s and man the diecast in the MPC were small. People had the floppy leg syndrome (thank god I haven't run into it.), oversprays, dry drips. After that, I started buying them on Ebay for cheap as in $50. That was before I discovered yamato 1/48. When I saw them, I thought I'll skip them. Too much money. When the low vis came out on ebay, I was like "HOLY #$%@ING CRAP! :o " hence now I have 5 and bought Roy and Max DRYL. :D I will skip out on the VF-1R MPC now that I found something better.

I was disappointed with the toy but I bought them all for completeness. The boxes were cool but you know why they were MSRP for $80. They spent the money on the box. :huh: Not on the toy. :o With the HG licenses not allowing dealers in the USA to sell Yamato stuff, it just sucked to get them overseas. (Dont get me started on this topic.) I learned my lesson in this even though I smartened up and went to ebay. Now looking at them, they kinda grow especially if you get the Fast Packs. :)

If you want my advice, spend the money on the Yamato 1/48. If I knew what I know now when I the MPCs were coming, I would not have spent the money on the MPCs.

-Godzilla

MPC : Master Piece of Crap. There is no quality. I regret paying $50 bucks for one on eBay. :angry:

I wonder how many RT fans know about the 1/48 or any of the alternative merchandise. I mean it's not largely advertised and we all know about the censorship their fanbase goes thru. I for one would hope that most of them went towards Yamato as their choice because if it helps their sales, it would mean more releases for us. I know there are members on these boards that buy MPCs just because they are completists. It's the only sensible reason for me why anyone would choose to buy them.

Good luck, Rewooh...

Well I believe toyfair got did a write up on the 1/48 and they were in awe of it.

I wonder how many RT fans know about the 1/48 or any of the alternative merchandise.  I mean it's not largely advertised and we all know about the censorship their fanbase goes thru.  I for one would hope that most of them went towards Yamato as their choice because if it helps their sales, it would mean more releases for us.  I know there are members on these boards that buy MPCs just because they are completists.  It's the only sensible reason for me why anyone would choose to buy them.

Good luck, Rewooh...

Well I believe toyfair got did a write up on the 1/48 and they were in awe of it.

I remember that side note... I also remember the MPC as the Toy of the Year front cover pic.

I handled one in town. It really is an ugly and inaccurate sculpt. THey probably put more thought into the box than the actual toy itself. Some of the parts are really fragile. Posability is not really great and even in fighter mode the thing looks so distorted and doesn't really hold together right.

If you really want a quality VF-1 toy go for the 1/48 definitely. To quote Graham "If I could only ever have one toy, then this would be it". There is simply not a better looking toy of the VF-1 made by anything else. At second position still the Yamato 1/60. When it comes to the Bandai and the MPC it's up to you to take your pick.

hahha

sorry guys, you got me all wrong.

To those of you advising me to buy a 1/48, that is done and good. I just ordered my Low Viz today :D

I just thought i'd have just ONE in my collection..but i wasn't sure if it was totally worth it. I mean, i'm definately not going to to collect all the masterpieces. I'm probably going to get the Jack Archer for sure...since its special or whatever.

I'm just really concened about the alphas. i'm a huge mospeada fan and i would like a toy as spec-frakkin-tacular as the yamato 1/48. But i should've known not to put so much hopes in toynami.

But if anyone has any news on the New generation toys, then holla at me. I would like to know if yamato might have a hold on that as well. :)

hahha

sorry guys, you got me all wrong.

To those of you advising me to buy a 1/48, that is done and good. I just ordered my Low Viz today :D

I just thought i'd have just ONE in my collection..but i wasn't sure if it was totally worth it. I mean, i'm definately not going to to collect all the masterpieces. I'm probably going to get the Jack Archer for sure...since its special or whatever.

I'm just really concened about the alphas. i'm a huge mospeada fan and i would like a toy as spec-frakkin-tacular as the yamato 1/48. But i should've known not to put so much hopes in toynami.

But if anyone has any news on the New generation toys, then holla at me. I would like to know if yamato might have a hold on that as well. :)

good choice. I saw one at the mw con and I liked the low viz. I finnaly broek down and bought oen too

ali