Custom 1/48 "Masterpiece" Jetfire

Grand Admiral

• 8 months later...
Needs red stripes on the wings still...

Note that Grand Admiral wrote this in the first post of this topic...

"Ok, actually Chris didn't want me to completely disassemble his VF-1 to be able to properly tape and paint the wings and fuselage, so we skipped it. He didn't mind having black stripes instead of red."

Two points:

1. A brilliant job. I could never do something that accurate.

2. I hate G1 Jetfire's color scheme and generally don't like seeing the VF used as a TF...err...despite my...ummm....err....name...

VF...TF...1....damn ...

• 2 months later...

Update:

Back in January I suggested to my friend Chris that I paint his Jetfire so it had the proper stripes.

I neglected to use primer when painting, and I ended up with a big mess of red paint oozing into areas I had taped off.

Long story short, I repainted the entire thing, and made sure all the little paint details were like G1 Jetfire.

The "backpack" is red because on the original, there is a red piece that snaps over the "backpack" to hold the boosters.

Since the 1/48 Yamato doesn't require this piece, I decided to paint only the underside of the backpack red to simulate the look. The top side is white.

Chris took the FAST packs home with him, so I'll have to get more photos once everything is back together.

New pics:

2280826332_99ef0e4593_o.jpg

2280036279_faaaae06eb_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

VERY SWEET!!! Are you gonna put the Autobot symbol on the leg armor as well?

:ph34r:

EDIT------> I really don't know what I was thinking when I asked that question. :wacko:

Edited by misterryno