Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

I was just wondering why the original Macross TV series could not be turned into a series of OVA movies like how the original Gundam series was turned into three good movies? Also, has anybody read that the Macross Zero ova was going to be turned into a 2 hour movie like the action packed Macross plus movie?

Maybe, I have just been watching too many fan edited movies on www.fanedit.org?

I was just wondering why the original Macross TV series could not be turned into a series of OVA movies like how the original Gundam series was turned into three good movies? Also, has anybody read that the Macross Zero ova was going to be turned into a 2 hour movie like the action packed Macross plus movie?

Maybe, I have just been watching too many fan edited movies on www.fanedit.org?

Well they made DYRL. B))

===============================================

May.2, 2007

The news from Bandai

Macross 25th will release HD remaster version DVD~~~~

Macross Plus remaster box

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/web_serv...em_no=BCBA-3048

Macross 7 remaster box1

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/web_serv...em_no=BCBA-3049

p.s.

hey hey

The Macross 7 again...

rebroadcast + remaster HD DVD

^^

BTW, some grapes said that New Macross will be announced in this Summer.

What about it??

New Macross Vol.1 will be released?

Name will be announced?

Story outline or Heroine Idol??

All things is not confirm by Satelight, That is the mystery~~~~~

Wait...wait...wait...

The update part.2 in here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...1926&st=567

The update part.1 in here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...1926&st=254

Edited by azrael

My worry is that Kawamori's designs will just get weirder and more ridiculous if he runs out of ideas. I want Macross to live forever!

Ditto! But I view Macross Zero & Aquarion as CG test runs for the 25th Ann. material However I'm simply in waiting mode.

kresphy, Bandai is stating 2008 not 2007???

Kresphy, you do not need to link back to this very thread.

BTW, some grapes said that New Macross will be announced in this Summer.

What about it??

New Macross Vol.1 will be released?

Name will be announced?

Story outline or Heroine Idol??

All things is not confirm by Satelight, That is the mystery~~~~~

Wait...wait...wait...

You know....I'm putting this in the rumor pile. No source and lots of speculation. Almost as good as saying KISSDUM is a test for a new Macross, which I call BS now that it's on the airwaves.

coooooooooooool!! Macross plus remastered in HD!?!? *neo* WOAA! *neo* I was never particularly fond of the cheap look to the Macross Plus DVD's

hmm...remastered... 7... hmm...they should had remastered DYRL in HD first...

DVD sales of DYRL didn't go so well.

Macross 7 is probably being remastered into HD for it's rebroadcasting. If so, it's not too big of a leap to take the work and burn it on a disc.

It is interesting that they decided to do Macross Plus. Perhaps a nod to the international audience?

I would bet they are just trying to cash in on the 25th Anniversary rather than anything else. Because non-HD anime at HD levels doesn't look good at all unless you have a sub 20-25 inch screen, since there simply is too much detail lacking.

The opening of the Macross Plus PS game will be included! And an updated version of Macross; A Future chronicle would be a nice touch :lol:

Something is mentioned about the Movie Edition... is it included in this set as well?

I always wondered if Macross Plus Movie Edition was released in 16:9 format in theaters... both the Japanese and US versions of the DVD are full screen and the image quality is not so good...

I would bet they are just trying to cash in on the 25th Anniversary rather than anything else. Because non-HD anime at HD levels doesn't look good at all unless you have a sub 20-25 inch screen, since there simply is too much detail lacking.

SDFM not remastered would probably not benefit from the transfer, but DYRL would since 35mm film stock has a much higher resolution than any current HD transfer out now.

However, if sales of the DVD were weak it is questionable whether it will get the treatment.

Here it would, but Japan is a different market.

I think I'll get the Macross Plus remaster. With the never ending license battle, it probably won't be released outside of Japan. I wonder if they will include the dub on it like the current JP Macross Plus DVDs have. Don't really need it though or Englsih subtitles, I've seen Macross Plus few hundred times lol.

Yes, the M+ remaster will have all editions (OAV + movie).

DYRL? might fair better for an HD remaster, but SDFM probably would suffer. The best for SDFM would be updated sound.

I think I'll get the Macross Plus remaster. With the never ending license battle, it probably won't be released outside of Japan. I wonder if they will include the dub on it like the current JP Macross Plus DVDs have. Don't really need it though or Englsih subtitles, I've seen Macross Plus few hundred times lol.

Well Manga Ent. still holds the license, so if they so choose they could import the HD master, subtitle it and re-distribute it here.

If they are not aware then we should make them aware, while they still hold the license for the title.

Also, has anybody read that the Macross Zero ova was going to be turned into a 2 hour movie like the action packed Macross plus movie?

There was some talk of this, but the idea was dropped.

Graham

QUOTE(boinger @ May 1 2007, 07:15 PM) *

Also, has anybody read that the Macross Zero ova was going to be turned into a 2 hour movie like the action packed Macross plus movie?

There was some talk of this, but the idea was dropped.

Graham

Sounds like Japan didn't like Macross Zero either.

Maybe they opted to put the money into the new series rather than one that's already been released?

Plus they could always save a Zero movie edition as a tie in release blitz bonanza.

I can't believe I'm actually considering picking up the 7 remasters for $600....if only they'd throw subtitles in.

Edited by Keith

Maybe they opted to put the money into the new series rather than one that's already been released?

I would say it was a time and money issue. If the new series is a TV series, then time has to be spent there. If it's an OAV, then they have to spend money. I don't think Kawamori has the time to do both.

I can't believe I'm actually considering picking up the 7 remasters for $600....if only they'd throw subtitles in.

I would pick this up as well, but I have other purchases this year which will require my time and money be spent more important things.

===============================================

May.2, 2007

The news from Bandai

Macross 25th will release HD remaster version DVD~~~~

Macross Plus remaster box

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/web_serv...em_no=BCBA-3048

Macross 7 remaster box1

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/web_serv...em_no=BCBA-3049

p.s.

hey hey

The Macross 7 again...

rebroadcast + remaster HD DVD

Wait a minute....are they just re-releasing plus and 7 on standard DVD?

WOW....color me torn on this news. On one hand, I'm EXTREMELY happy that we're finally getting an exceptional version of Plus on DVD. But on the other hand, if you're gonna bother working on Plus and 7 and apply high definition techniques, then WHY DON'T YOU JUST RELEASE THE DAMN SHOW IN TRUE HIGH DEFINITION FORMAT????

C'mon Bandai what the fart dude? I'm going BANANAS over here waiting for Plus and DYRL to be announced on either Blu-ray or HD-DVD and what do we get? Another standard-def dvd release with better PQ. I mean yeah, it'll look more detailed and refined but it's STILL a god damn standard def 480p dvd.

C'mon Bandai do us all a favor and give the fans what we want for Kreissayx!

Wait a minute....are they just re-releasing plus and 7 on standard DVD?

WOW....color me torn on this news. On one hand, I'm EXTREMELY happy that we're finally getting an exceptional version of Plus on DVD. But on the other hand, if you're gonna bother working on Plus and 7 and apply high definition techniques, then WHY DON'T YOU JUST RELEASE THE DAMN SHOW IN TRUE HIGH DEFINITION FORMAT????

C'mon Bandai what the fart dude? I'm going BANANAS over here waiting for Plus and DYRL to be announced on either Blu-ray or HD-DVD and what do we get? Another standard-def dvd release with better PQ. I mean yeah, it'll look more detailed and refined but it's STILL a god damn standard def 480p dvd.

C'mon Bandai do us all a favor and give the fans what we want for Kreissayx!

I can understand Mac7 particularly if it was not filmed in 35mm, but Mac Plus was so the HD treatment would work on that title.

You can't really upgrade a show to HD if it doesn't have enough or exceed the necessary resolution for HD transfers.

It would only amplify any flaws in the film at worst or give you a very clear 720p picture of an existing show at best. That could just as easily be achieved through DVD-9 with less compression per episode as opposed to spending the money on processing a HD transfer.

Interesting... this line, from the Macross Plus link provided by dejr8bud:

マクロス25周年ä¼ç”»!HDリマスターDVDボックス!!

The Macross 25th Anniversary Plan! HD remaster DVD box!!

Interesting... this line, from the Macross Plus link provided by dejr8bud:

マクロス25周年ä¼ç”»!HDリマスターDVDボックス!!

The Macross 25th Anniversary Plan! HD remaster DVD box!!

Yeah, makes me wonder if they're gearing up for a true HD-DVD release

*prays* :D