Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

Sorry, but if you are implying SDFM doesn't have as good if not a better story than the majority of the pablum in anime I have to disagree. The animation is certainly dated and poor in some parts considering it was made for so cheap. The music is a preference thing and really one can't seriously debate a preference....

Of course you'd disagree, you're a Macross fan and thus not representative of the majority of the current japanese anime fandom. As for SDF Macross, I implied the animation and music are the two strikes against the series as it relates to current fandom. I don't see how it could be the story, particularly since I'm also a Macross fan :)

He made 3 points (story, new music and new animation)... and then said 2 strikes. so I think it was implied that that he meant... it's got good story but the animation and music are old. Where as Macross 7 has a good story but slightly less dated music and animation.

That's exactly it. Well, except for the Macross 7 part, but I'm not a japanese fan so my taste or distaste for that series is really irrelevant in the context of this discussion I would think.

I like that song too, but the 15th anniversary one. The pacing on that one sounds better to my ears than the original, plus the more prominently featured guitars.

That was an awesome version, too bad it's only been released on one single.

Man I should have really stuck my head out of the "Other..." thread like a month or two ago. Then I would be trying to catch up to a 16 pg discussion!

I hope it's not a sidestory, and that it isn't longer than it should be (Macross 7 being the example). The one thing I don't want to see that I don't believe I saw anyone else mention is having a 14yr old kid being sexually assaulted every few episodes. You would have thought Max would have bought his daughter a gun after the first couple of times!

And hopefully we don't get a bunch of emo teenagers. Well-adjusted adults will do fine.

Man I should have really stuck my head out of the "Other..." thread like a month or two ago. Then I would be trying to catch up to a 16 pg discussion!

I hope it's not a sidestory, and that it isn't longer than it should be (Macross 7 being the example). The one thing I don't want to see that I don't believe I saw anyone else mention is having a 14yr old kid being sexually assaulted every few episodes. You would have thought Max would have bought his daughter a gun after the first couple of times!

And hopefully we don't get a bunch of emo teenagers. Well-adjusted adults will do fine.

Are you serious? She gets sexually assaulted? Macross 7 is the only one of the series I have yet to see. ...I would have never thought there'd be something like that in any Macross series. Wasn't Macross 7 geared more towards teenagers and younger or something?

Are you serious? She gets sexually assaulted? Macross 7 is the only one of the series I have yet to see. ...I would have never thought there'd be something like that in any Macross series. Wasn't Macross 7 geared more towards teenagers and younger or something?

Well nearly the rest of the band come to her rescue

Wes was overexaggerating; Mylene doesn't get assualted. It's just she acts so young and her suiters act very mature.

She does almost get raped by a woman in the movie though... that was interesting. Other than that there's just a bit of sexual harassment, not really assault (splitting hairs a bit) in the series. There is an episode dedicated to perverts selling pictures of her panties though.

Patience is a virtue. :p

A virtue is middle-ground between two extremes. That doesn't warrant having too much of it.

Think about it; how long have we waited for new Macross, and for a new Macross series, and how long for one that didn't suck?!?! We've been bumped out of middle-ground for some time, friend. We need something good.

We just need something different, in a different time period.

everything under the sun's been getting rehashed lately...

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! more spacewhales. :p

It would be cool if it was like Macross VF-X2 the series.

Except NO cliche'd Macross TERRORIST group as the antagonists.

A legitimate rebellion or an independent alliance outside the control of Earth Gov. would be far more palatable than yet another "terrorist anti-UN group" :rolleyes:

So is there any set date for when the 1st episode of this is supposed to appear? I've looked but have not seen anything, all I know is that is is after Kissdum. I think it might be cool to see a time far into the future, maybe 2060 or so, so its later than Macross 7 and we get to see what Kawamori cooks up...his most advanced VFs are the VF-19 and VF-22...so fast forward 20 years later and what the valks could end up looking like could be very interesting..