Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

while I wouldn't mind seeing a humans vs supervision army storyline.. I'm not interested in seeing some remnant protoculture colony dragged out... the whole uber advanced progenitor race thing works better as a mystery, imo.

especially when kawamori seems intent on making the protoculture not just an uber progenitor race, but an uber mystical power progenitor race... which I can deal with in small doses... but I really would rather avoid spirita, giant space monsters and flying rocks from here on out.

especially when kawamori seems intent on making the protoculture not just an uber progenitor race, but an uber mystical power progenitor race... which I can deal with in small doses... but I really would rather avoid spirita, giant space monsters and flying rocks from here on out.

Well, we're agree with this last point of view.

Personally, I prefer the robotech background of this part of the story.

Supervision Army are dead, get over it!

Uhh, yeah sure Keith whatever you say..... :wacko:

**Slowing backing away from the crazy person....** :ph34r:

Personally, I prefer the robotech background of this part of the story.

Well you'll probably find yourself alone on that one... :p

Edited by Zinjo

OK, I'm sitting here watching Macross TV and I just had a thought....if Big West decided that they did want to go ahead with a Macross TV redux for the 25th anniversary, would that eliminate all the legal problems with HG stateside?

I know I've already stated I don't want a remake, but maybe BW would like one so that they could finally send their products (Mac 0, Yammie products) to the states without HG beating the drums with their lawyers.

Too much wishful thinking? :wacko:

Edited by capt.actionjackson

OK, I'm sitting here watching Macross TV and I just had a thought....if Big West decided that they did want to go ahead with a Macross TV redux for the 25th anniversary, would that eliminate all the legal problems with HG stateside?

I know I've already stated I don't want a remake, but maybe BW would like one so that they could finally send their products (Mac 0, Yammie products) to the states without HG beating the drums with their lawyers.

Too much wishful thinking? :wacko:

They'd probably have to win the legal rights to the story of SDFM in Japan before being able to persue the same internationally.

With the rights firmly in hand they could reanimate the series and visually change whatever they wanted to make it distinct from the original. Then they could license it in the West and simply assist the licensee with any legal challenge HG would dare attempt. One way is to establish a "branch Office" in North America and then funnel the show through that channel to really f*ck with HG's claims on any part of the franchise.

Edited by Zinjo

I think most people have problems with spiritia, giant space monsters and flying rocks due to the presentation. If Glavil and Geppernich looked more sinister and imposing , maybe like the STC Monsters from Gunbuster, then ppl will not have a problem with it, instead of looking like colorful "Monsters of the week". The twin protodeviln that looked like Siamese demons were especially wonky, but if you gave them a re-design with the exact same powers, i think they'd look awesome.

And if spiritia was depicted better rather than a beam of light appearing from the VF-19kai's uniboob.....i dunno how i'd depict spiritia though.

I think most people have problems with spiritia, giant space monsters and flying rocks due to the presentation. If Glavil and Geppernich looked more sinister and imposing , maybe like the STC Monsters from Gunbuster, then ppl will not have a problem with it, instead of looking like colorful "Monsters of the week". The twin protodeviln that looked like Siamese demons were especially wonky, but if you gave them a re-design with the exact same powers, i think they'd look awesome.

And if spiritia was depicted better rather than a beam of light appearing from the VF-19kai's uniboob.....i dunno how i'd depict spiritia though.

Personally, I felt the whole spiritia thing was a bit like Star War's Midiclorians - unnecessarily turning the metaphysical concept of the spiritual into something definable by a scientific scale.

The Protodevlin reminded me of power rangers villains too, which didn't help... :p

Nope, Zentradi took out the Supervision Army. If there were any left, they would have popped up to help out the Protodevelin, as that was their soul purpose.

We've discussed this before Keith and you didn't make your case then either... :rolleyes:

No point in bringing it up here because that will only hijack the thread and the same old arguments will be rehashed in someone else's thread.

Well, I think the important thing here is that so far BW has made no announcement for a new production celebrating the 25th anniversary.

I know it´s early, but I would like to hear something, even rumours ( with more fundaments that this one). There has been no articles in any magazine regarding Macross anniversary yet , and that kinda worries me.

I know it´s early, but I would like to hear something, even rumours ( with more fundaments that this one). There has been no articles in any magazine regarding Macross anniversary yet , and that kinda worries me.

I agree. If there was something big on the horizon like a movie or series, there would be more of a buzz.

Games use voice actors, maybe it's (just) a game. Although in that case, why would there be a whole new website on its way?

I agree. If there was something big on the horizon like a movie or series, there would be more of a buzz.

Games use voice actors, maybe it's (just) a game. Although in that case, why would there be a whole new website on its way?

Because the old was is Old and Broken down and they want some New Hotness... :p

Besides it was pretty dated as well.

I suspect there'll be a game for the PS3 and probably a new Song collection CD, neither requires a lot of advanced buzz to generate sales.

We've discussed this before Keith and you didn't make your case then either... :rolleyes:

No point in bringing it up here because that will only hijack the thread and the same old arguments will be rehashed in someone else's thread.

Nope, pretty sure it was thorougly covered. But then if the SA did spontaniously pop back up, it would merely take Basara to snap them out of it, which would result in, first (technically second) contact with Protoculture citizens. Wouldn't make for much of a conflict.

Edited by Keith

It's the ghostbusters of macross imo. :D

Nope, pretty sure it was thorougly covered. But then if the SA did spontaniously pop back up, it would merely take Basara to snap them out of it, which would result in, first (technically second) contact with Protoculture citizens. Wouldn't make for much of a conflict.

Anyway.... :rolleyes:

If anyone is curious as to the discussion regarding the SA's status it is found in this thread (pretty compelling arguments from all over):

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...4098&st=360

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i was speaking with an assocate on irc, apparently this months newtype is very intresting in that it has a side note for that aforementioned audition earlier in the thread, and that it is infact for a "new macross project". Any J macrossworlders happen to pick up said issue for a confirmation? if so this is good news.

i was speaking with an assocate on irc, apparently this months newtype is very intresting in that it has a side note for that aforementioned audition earlier in the thread, and that it is infact for a "new macross project". Any J macrossworlders happen to pick up said issue for a confirmation? if so this is good news.

I don't think there is any doubt about the existence of a Macross project, however I tend to believe it will only be a new CD and/or a new Game.

SK is involved in his own project right now, so if it is new animation, he won't be directly involved in it.

SK is involved in his own project right now, so if it is new animation, he won't be directly involved in it.

Not everyone would say that's a bad thing. I'd like to see a series using some of our favorite existing mecha designs and without the mystical mumbo-jumbo. So I wouldn't write off a project with no SK. I've always been fond of the Destroids. A side story about Destroid pilots in SW1 could be cool. Or a story on a colony planet during the mac+ era with old Destroids defending a small settlement as in Seven Samurai....

Whatever it is I'm in favor of new Macross!

With the description being idol singer/heroine, I would believe it is some sort of animation and not just a CD.

New series?

New OVA?

New movie?

New video game?

These all fit the bill for a heroine, music CD doesn't make much since with that descriptor.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuh.....finally confirmed, new macross, I hope it's a new series, perhaps we could finally get what we've waiting for, a new series with fresh ideas with no magical hocus pocus since kawamori will be too busy with his other projects...

so, if they are just getting the singing 'idol' how long will it take to get the series aired?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuh.....finally confirmed, new macross, I hope it's a new series, perhaps we could finally get what we've waiting for, a new series with fresh ideas with no magical hocus pocus since kawamori will be too busy with his other projects...

so, if they are just getting the singing 'idol' how long will it take to get the series aired?

If they want to have it out for the 25th anniversary it will need to be out by the end of the year, which is possible since I believe the applications for the audition weren't being accepted after the end of March.