Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

Oh god no... I fear we are starting to follow Gundam steps here... teenager students.. :(

As I'll say again. If it's anything like Mikimoto's Gundam: Ecole du Ciel manga, it will be a good series and I'm all for it!

And even then, the Protodevlin were sentient weapons developed by the Protoculture, so I recall.

Anything with a 'truley' unconnected alien origin didn't play a major part.. Or it must have been Gugava. :p

They were originally meant to be a set of super weapons but the actual entities that inhabit the bodies aren't from this universe.

An Elf ? wth is wrong with Big K these days ?.. I think I'll stick watch Macross, DYRL and M+ for the time been.

M7, M0, I can't really stand that fugly series, hell even M2 was far better then the last few Macross productions..

I'm sorry, but anything beats M2. No offense. 1 minute of FLCL is more entertaining and is more Macross-ish than M2. Don't know if anyone will understand that comment - but I really didn't enjoy purchasing M2 and THEN getting a chance to watch it. Utter despair and disappointment.

On the pointy ears issue:

We´ve known for years that zentradi have ponty ears, why are you complaining NOW ?

Why is people so mad about pointy ears in the newtype scans if Zentradi have had them since DYRL ?

If I recall well Guld had pointy ears, Zolan people had pointy ears, what´s so bad about it?

I think you´re just looking for things to complain about.

I prefer to have mindless especulation rather than hatred and nitpicking, thank you.

They were originally meant to be a set of super weapons but the actual entities that inhabit the bodies aren't from this universe.

My thanks briscojr84. You're absolutely correct. I was just about to post that little tidbit.

I'm sorry, but anything beats M2. No offense. 1 minute of FLCL is more entertaining and is more Macross-ish than M2. Don't know if anyone will understand that comment - but I really didn't enjoy purchasing M2 and THEN getting a chance to watch it. Utter despair and disappointment.

It still has one bit of redeeming value, i.e. jiggly geena.

Your logic is obviously flawed if you think FLCL "is more Macross-ish than M2." There are a lot more worse than Macross II out there...and I'm not just saying this cause I'm a huge fan of II, it's just that I've seen much worse and I'm sure you have too...so don't lie. I know I can name quite a few off the top of my head. Even with your logic with Micro$oft...you've must have forgotten what the PS2 launch was like. ...Hey! Here's an idea, lets all jump on the hate bandwagon! But I digress...and I repeat, there are a lot more worse anime out there than Macross II.

I think of MacII as a very americanized sequel... the kinda stuff Hollywood puts out to cash-in. The plot is definitely a re-hashing that seems to miss a lot of what Macross is about. The whole thing seems to have been written by a strictly action writer who watched DYRL and then wrote his own ideas into it. It makes up for that though by being flashy and unique enough in its own ways. I just felt it was a real shame they blew up the SDF-1 and had an ending that was way too similar to Boldoza's demise.

So, to get back to the subject at hand, I hope we get a cameo of the SDF-1 in the new series. That said, I hope the action actually takes place out in deep space. Maybe just a shot to someone on Earth making an order with the SDF-1 standing in the background would be sweet. :)

On the pointy ears issue:

We´ve known for years that zentradi have ponty ears, why are you complaining NOW ?

Why is people so mad about pointy ears in the newtype scans if Zentradi have had them since DYRL ?

If I recall well Guld had pointy ears, Zolan people had pointy ears, what´s so bad about it?

I think you´re just looking for things to complain about.

I prefer to have mindless especulation rather than hatred and nitpicking, thank you.

While I agree with you on your sentiment, you're in the wrong forum... this places THRIVES on finding the smallest thing to nit pick and badger on about. I swear to god, we got into a pissing match over the lack of a 2 degree downward angle on the 1/60 yf-19.

While I agree with you on your sentiment, you're in the wrong forum... this places THRIVES on finding the smallest thing to nit pick and badger on about. I swear to god, we got into a pissing match over the lack of a 2 degree downward angle on the 1/60 yf-19.

And this is good, how?

I mean, seriously, that kind of behaviour isn't good for the community, and drives away the very people that could provide a lot of answers to the hard questions being asked by the community (ie: can someone translate the article about the new Macross series? etc..)

Let me put it in different terms: I belong to another forum about a video game. The website has a civil atmosphere, and any mention of pirating the game is immediately cencored. Yes, spammers occasionally crop up. Yes, people make the occasionaly rant. The next generation of the game is currently being developed. The producers of the game actually frequent that forum, and have asked both directly and indirectly about the direction of the game and what the fans of it want out of it.

Compare that to here, where we have "fans" of Macross, who whine and moan and complain about the next, long awaited production in the series, sight unseen. Is it any wonder why the producers don't bother asking MW for what they would like to see in the next production? Is the behaviour exhibited herein that of true fans of Macross?

I fully understand that this post will fall on deaf ears, and that it may very well garner negative, anger and hate filled responses. Which again makes me question: are you guys fans of Macross? Let's stop with the negativity. Who knows, maybe a positive, enthusiastic response, and especially some money coming from people actually buying the next Macross production (as opposed to illegal theft of it) will get the attention of those that own Macross, and they will take steps to clarify the legal status of Macross in North America, and actually release anime tailored more for the North American market.

Wishful thinking? Possibly. But you must understand that the Japanese mind is one of positive energy, and cheers for those that make an effort to accomplish something, whether succeeding or not.

Space Whales are Aliens... Nothing says the Protoculture made them.

This has been my understanding of Macross as well. Technically, there were no aliens in Macross until Macross 7. Sentient life, as known so far in the Macross universe, was all tied to the original species, the Protoculture...until the Protodevlin came across (who are not from the primary universe).

Until Mac 7...

Until the Protodevlin came across...

After that point, flying pink alien bovines can be created after the first protodevlin was introduced and it doesn't change the point, as originally stated.

Actually this board is the more civil ones i've been in, believe it or not. That's why i stick around and get MW withdrawal syndrome when the server goes down. :(

Well like a board with over 3000 members, there will be some who won't see eye to eye. You all know all you haters will watch Macross 25 to the very end even if its great or if its crap. ;)

You know what? This talk is nice and all but it has zero to do with "Macross 25". Until someone has either news or you have some actual comments on "Macross 25", I'm locking this thread until further notice.

Anybody who has information about Macross 25 will need to send me a PM (private message) and I will reopen this thread. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO START A NEW THREAD ABOUT MACROSS 25. I WILL DELETE THAT THREAD.

If you want to start a topic about the future and direction of Macross, be my guest.

And just so we don't forget about this thread, I am pinning it up.

This is my final warning. No more thread derailments. Talk only about "Macross 25" or 25th Anniversary events and nothing else.

Thanks to UN Spacy for this find of a promotional poster for the 25th anniversary concert:

(Click on the thumbnail for a larger version)

2005178241242909586_th.jpg

It looks GREAT!!!

Hummmmmmmm... I think this thread only talk about Macross 25, the New Series...

So I only update it by Chinese:

http://www.macross.com.cn/bbs/read.php?tid=26526

But now... Mr. azrael change the rule?

We can talk about 25th, hey hey hey~~~

^^

Last update:

Jul.5, 2007

1:06(Japan Standard Time)

Some news about Macross 25th.

1、Hobby Toy:

Macross 25th anniversary Toy, it have 25th surface(マクロス25周年記念塗装)

But... it is toooooooooooo pooooooooor, ugly!!

http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/HBY-ICF-00000344

http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/HBY-ICF-00000345

HBY-ICF-00000344.0.jpg

HBY-ICF-00000345.0.jpg

2、A new live "Listen my song!!"(オレの歌を聞け!)by JOYSOUND:

The early news from Offical Website on Jun.5, it is old news.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ld_anime02/archives/50977172.html

Macross fans will use the new Karaoke(カラオケ) music box HyperJoyWAVE sing popular Macross songs(Macross 7 + DYRL)

The info in here:

http://joysound.com/ex/st/utasuki/macross/index.htm

The fans will gain something in this Live

1、Macross 25th Concert ticket

2、Macross 7 DVD Box

BTW, I ask some Japanese fans, Macross 25 will be broadcast on Oct. is a wrong message. There is no confirm news about it in Japan.

Jun.8, The Offical Website news:

1982年10月3日(日)午後2時から放送を開始した「超時空要塞マクロス」。

今年10月で、マクロスシリーズはテレビ放送開始から四半世紀を迎えます。

“テレビ放送開始”,the means is Macross TV in 1982! it is not New Macross 25!!

Edited by kresphy

But now... Mr. azrael change the rule?

We can talk about 25th,

You can only talk about Macross 25 or 25th Anniversary events in this thread. Nothing else.

Now for the awful/horrible/I-should-be-killed-for-using-these-things machine translations:

Chinese:

你只能谈麦克罗斯25或25周年纪念活动在此线. 你不能谈论什么. 请启动一个新的课题,如果你想谈什么东西.

Japanese:

マクロス25だけ述べることができるまたはこれの第25記念日のでき事は通る。 何か他のもの述べることができない。 何か他のもの述べたいと思ったら新しいトピックを始めなさい。

===============================================

Last update:

Jul.9, 2007

13:12(Japan Standard Time)

===============================================

Jul.9, 2007

The New Chronicle from TAF2007

http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~macross/taf2007.html

A.D.1995年

未知の時空震によって、銀河系の時間軸が複数に分岐。

07070901.jpg

A.D.20XX年

居住可能な惑星を求め、銀河の各方面に向かいマクロス・ギャラクシー船団、マクロス・フロンティア等、多数船団が航行中。

07070902.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

A.D.1995,The Galaxy Time Coordinates to be changed with unknown spatial-temporal shaking.

A.D.20XX,Many fleet such as The Macross Galaxy Fleet and The Macross Frontier is sailing in Galaxy, to seek the possible residence planet.

20XX? Is it about New Macross 25?

What is The Macross Galaxy Fleet and The Macross Frontier?

- -

25th Surface...

ugly!!

07070903.jpg

07070904.jpg

What is it? New UN figure icon?

07070905.jpg

25th Zippo

07070906.jpg

I was pretty sure I read that the red/white yf-19 was a fan custom... ?

I'm pretty sure it is. The emblem and markings look like it's geared toward the 25th anniversary.

No, the white and red YF-19 and VF-1 were not fan customs, they were official, but were one-offs and but will not be released for sale.

The blue VF-1S and dark blue YF-19 are the production 25th toys as nobody like the original white and red versions.

Graham

No, the white and red YF-19 and VF-1 were not fan customs, they were official, but were one-offs and but will not be released for sale.

The blue VF-1S and dark blue YF-19 are the production 25th toys as nobody like the original white and red versions.

Graham

So yamato will be releasing the vf-1 and yf-19 in those schemes?

Edited by eugimon

--------------------------------------------------

A.D.1995,The Galaxy Time Coordinates to be changed with unknown spatial-temporal shaking.

A.D.20XX,Many fleet such as The Macross Galaxy Fleet and The Macross Frontier is sailing in Galaxy, to seek the possible residence planet.

20XX? Is it about New Macross 25?

What is The Macross Galaxy Fleet and The Macross Frontier?

Ah, some more pieces of information. From the sounds of this entry in the chronology, perhaps Macross 25 takes place on a colony fleet? Or maybe the Macross Galaxy and Macross Frontier fleets are back story and the Macross 25 story begins on a newly founded colony? Oh, the speculation.

Thanks for the info kresphy :)

1、Hobby Toy:

Macross 25th anniversary Toy, it have 25th surface(マクロス25周年記念塗装)

But... it is toooooooooooo pooooooooor, ugly!!

http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/HBY-ICF-00000344

http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/HBY-ICF-00000345

Looking at the prices on those links, they are obviously upcoming Hasegawa kits, not Yamato toys.

Personally, I think they look great.

Graham