Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

Oh yeah, because SDF Macross, DYRL, Macross II, Macross Plus, and Macross 7 were all about terrorists.

No, the history as well as games are peppered with such terrorist cliches.

If you want a story about terrorist, feel free to figure out how to do it...and good luck with that in a world that now knows and has seen first hand what terrorists do and how they operate.... :rolleyes:

Doesn't make for a very interesting story premise for a mecha franchise. Chasing after people with variable fighters as they sneek around planting bombs .... Just doesn't really work too well, but hey knock yourself out.... :p

I Luv Mylene! :D

Graham

For me, it's Misa or nothin'.

Or Miriya.

Or Lucy MacMillan.

Or Sally Ford.

Or maybe Minmay.

Or Yellow Belmont.

Wait a minute... :blink::huh::blink::huh::blink::huh: ... scratch that last one... :p

Edited by Pat Payne

No, the history as well as games are peppered with such terrorist cliches.

If you want a story about terrorist, feel free to figure out how to do it...and good luck with that in a world that now knows and has seen first hand what terrorists do and how they operate.... :rolleyes:

Doesn't make for a very interesting story premise for a mecha franchise. Chasing after people with variable fighters as they sneek around planting bombs .... Just doesn't really work too well, but hey knock yourself out.... :p

24: Macross City? :huh:

Wow, I really cant wait to hear more news of this....I am really interested in seeing where The Powers That Be go with this, but it is almost certain we will get new Valkyrie designs out of it! I cant wait!

Twich

I think I'd rather see some existing VFs get more mileage than getting a whole bunch more. Seeing the VB-6 or VF-14 kickin' ass and takin' names in some real animation would be cool.

Maybe macross should go down the path of Loli and have cutesy seemingly underaged girls compete in a shounen tournament anime style. That way Macross is recreated for the new generation. Put in more fanservice and bouncy too. :lol:

Maybe macross should go down the path of Loli and have cutesy seemingly underaged girls compete in a shounen tournament anime style. That way Macross is recreated for the new generation. Put in more fanservice and bouncy too. :lol:

The sad thing is, with the current path that the Japanese animation industry is taking, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. :angry:

The sad thing is, with the current path that the Japanese animation industry is taking, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. :angry:

This is bad because......?

:p

This is bad because......? :p

Because when Macross does it, it never seems to go as far as other series, thus leaving an unsatisfied taste in the mouths of both fans looking for Macross action and fans looking for fan-service scenes. :p Seriously, I'm still wondering what the point of Sally Ford, MihoMiho, and the biker chick, Rex, were in Macross 7, and Aries Turner in Macross Zero. :o When guy characters do macho guy stuff like launching missile pods, I'm happy; when I have to watch girls just so I can see them acting like girls, I question why I should be watching instead of just going to the mall to see the exact same thing outside of overpriced clothing boutiques. At least with Lucy Macmillan, the appearance was welcome, and did more than simply having a character who was written similarly to a male character, but had breasts pasted-on to make the series more attractive to men while making a deft attempt to not offend women too much.

I'm just sayin': Go all the way or don't go at all. :lol:

Edited by Kamjin 639

Ikki Tousen was perfect. Just tone it down a tad (no need for sex scenes) and do not take out any of the bounciness and tricky shots and i'm sold. :p

I WANT BOOBY BOMBS as a VALK PILOT! :lol: :lol: HAKAFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ikki Tousen was perfect. Just tone it down a tad (no need for sex scenes) and do not take out any of the bounciness and tricky shots and i'm sold. :p

I WANT BOOBY BOMBS as a VALK PILOT! :lol: :lol: HAKAFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

Don't make me get out the straightjacket. :p

I guess they tried to appeal to the mecha fan and booby fans with a horrible twist when they created Mylene's valkyrie. :p

Just have some character awesomeness like Miria or Emilia. Mmmmmmmmmm, Emilia... :D

Leave out or kill off the Mylene-ish characters that are so damned annoying.

What I don't want to see is some "Valkyrie Ultimate Tournament" thing with a bunch of pilots sponsored by big corporations, battling it out on outer colonies for money and glory, with all sorts of clownish paint schemes. Add in the angsty main character pilot, his rival/friend, the pretty boy pilot, and the badass pilot. Then have after a bunch of the tournament: dun-dun-dun! Holy crap it's some big Anti-UN recruiting thing or something else that's big and bad and run by some evil organization that the heroes must take down and risk everything.

My brain hurts from all the cliches I dumped there.

EDIT2: That's it, I'm checking Macross.co,jp on a daily basis!

I've been watching the Macross.co.jp site. I haven't seen anything about a new series yet, but they started rebroadcasting the entire Macross 7 series last week. :D

peace

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Emilia? Is she a Macross 7 character?

She is in the Macross 7 movie, the galaxy is calling me, I think that's the name, she's one of Max and Miria 7 daughters she's zentran size and a kick ass Q-rau pilot, just about the only good thing enjoyable out of that dumb 40 min movie

I´ve always said that they should do an animated version of Macross 7 Trash (it´s a m7 manga with a serious plot and no Basara), with a less sporty theme and more valks.

Gosh, I wonder when they´ll actually say something about the 25th anniversary.

I´ve always said that they should do an animated version of Macross 7 Trash (it´s a m7 manga with a serious plot and no Basara), with a less sporty theme and more valks.

Gosh, I wonder when they´ll actually say something about the 25th anniversary.

Wait, what? Did you read Trash? I have four volumes of the manga and for like two pages I saw VF-11's, and what do you mean by a "less sporty theme", considering it's all about a guy competing in rocket powered rollerblade races?

Because it's gross and creepy.

But it's from the people that brought us "warera rori konda" and Sammy looked more like one. :p And Mylene was pretty young and boobless. And Emma was more or less there. And Mao.

I seriously won't be surprised to see another young girl in Macross. I don't really care as long as there's another Emilia-ish character who is badass, female, and hot. Not a guy with big man-boobs that looks like a woman only to be revealed to be a man. :ph34r: