Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

Oh god. it would be just another tried and tested rehash from the T.V co`s

Except we don't get to watch all the people who want get their 15-minutes-of-fame. :)

The casting call for the lead actress doesn't have to be an unknown. The requirements list that having a contract with another recording company is ok.

Has anyone wondered why there hasn´t been any news lately ?

By the time they´ve announced they were going to make the M0 OVAs ( at that time the name was unknown ) we´ve already seen interviews and spreads in newtype and other mags if I remember well.

Not like i´m expecting BW to come out and say what the new series will be about, or see any kind or lineart in magazines, but I think its time they let us have at least some kind of teaser or something aleady.

Because, Aegis!, they're testing the waters with "Engage Planet Kissdam" - which itself is currently undergoing the publicity cycle. I wouldn't expect any news on the new Macross series until at least the selection process of the vocal talent for the series has been selected. Look for some news in the summer months.

As for "American Idol"-esque shows - they are not popular here in Japan. Currently there is a manzai boom, but it is dissimilar to the concept of "American Idol" at best. I have no fear that the new Macross series will be anything like it.

In addition, the good name of Macross means: singing, the Itano Circus, love triangles, and an anti-war message. As it is, the production crew of the new Macross series will have their hands full juggling those elements in a new script!

Edited by sketchley

Has anyone wondered why there hasn´t been any news lately ?

By the time they´ve announced they were going to make the M0 OVAs ( at that time the name was unknown ) we´ve already seen interviews and spreads in newtype and other mags if I remember well.

Not like i´m expecting BW to come out and say what the new series will be about, or see any kind or lineart in magazines, but I think its time they let us have at least some kind of teaser or something aleady.

This one's probably gonna be bigger than Mac0. Just me guessing, but with something this big at such an early time, they may want to just keep a lot of secrecy. Heck, maybe they want to build up interest this way.

This one's probably gonna be bigger than Mac0. Just me guessing, but with something this big at such an early time, they may want to just keep a lot of secrecy. Heck, maybe they want to build up interest this way.

Well they could do the whole announcement and then regularly "leak" new images to the media to garner interest. People become more curious about getting information on a "perceived" secret as opposed to a media blitz....

I think she has a successful solo career but I am not sure, maybe some of you know her stuff better than I do.

She is still well known in Japan, but she doesn't get as much exposure as artists from bigger labels. Her albums are published by an independant label here and Japan if I remember correctly.

http://www.marimusic.com/

Last update:

May.2, 2007

3:16(Japan Standard Time)

===============================================

May.2, 2007

The news from Bandai

Macross 25th will release HD remaster version DVD~~~~

Macross Plus remaster box

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/web_serv...em_no=BCBA-3048

Macross 7 remaster box1

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/web_serv...em_no=BCBA-3049

p.s.

hey hey

The Macross 7 again...

rebroadcast + remaster HD DVD

^^

BTW, some grapes said that New Macross will be announced in this Summer.

What about it??

New Macross Vol.1 will be released?

Name will be announced?

Story outline or Heroine Idol??

All things is not confirm by Satelight, That is the mystery~~~~~

Wait...wait...wait...

Mar.26, 2007

Download this Kissdum preview:

mms://broadcast.chara-ani.com/kissdum/Kissdum_PV_L.wmv

We could watch the Robot transformation and fight is all 3DCG in this preview. Some early grapes said that Kissdum is a dry run before New Macross for 3DCG. Maybe... New Macross really all 3DCG for the VF transformation and fight...

Maybe All~~~~

Too Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!

*^_^*

Mar.25, 2007

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/index.php?logid=15

The Satelight show the VF-0S transformation process by 1/60 in 14 part, Fighter to Gerwalk, to Battroid...

Funky~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IPB Image

other pics:

http://www.akibaos.com/?p=997#more-997

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The update part.1 in here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...1926&st=254

:)

Edited by kresphy

Will ya look at that! I wonder how long it'll take before the arms on those VF-0S's start falling off. :ph34r::p

Looks like Yamato holds the license to produce the toys.

Which means Graham knows stuff...

So what approach do we take, torture, bribery or sexual favors?

Will ya look at that! I wonder how long it'll take before the arms on those VF-0S's start falling off. :ph34r::p

Looks like Yamato holds the license to produce the toys.

Which means Graham knows stuff...

So what approach do we take, torture, bribery or sexual favors?

LOL

That accounts for most of Yamato`s Zero sales well all the ones that Godzilla didnt buy anyhow. :p

Nice display though.

thar robot head sketch is rather interesting?? is it for that VF-1???, kinda ugly...and wow, that transformation sequence is killer, but I have no idea how can it keep those poses, that most be a glued like crazy to hold up, that pose where it's falling to the floor just holding by it's arm is awesome

thar robot head sketch is rather interesting?? is it for that VF-1???, kinda ugly...and wow, that transformation sequence is killer, but I have no idea how can it keep those poses, that most be a glued like crazy to hold up, that pose where it's falling to the floor just holding by it's arm is awesome

The robot head is from Aquarion.

Nice transformation sequence, but the booth itself is rather lame. Where´s my

Shiny, colourful, laser projected, 10.1 Dolby Digital, ¨you´ve-never-seen-a-sign-so-beautiful-in-your-life¨ 25th Anniversary sign ?

Where´s the love?

I don´t see any intention on letting people know Macross is coming back BIG TIME by the looks of the booth.

If I were to pass by next to that booth I would´ve never known it was such an inportant date.

Edited by Aegis!

Mar.26, 2007

Download this Kissdum preview:

High Bandwidth version

Low Bandwidth version

We could watch the Robot transformation and fight is all 3DCG in this preview. Some early grapes said that Kissdum is a dry run before New Macross for 3DCG. Maybe... New Macross really all 3DCG for the VF transformation and fight...

Maybe All~~~~

Too Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!

*^_^*

MOD EDIT: Fixed the link. Now linked off the KISSDUM website.

Edited by azrael

That one looks like it may be fun.

After seeing the Kissdum preview, I'm definitely interested in seeing this series! If the rest of this show is as promising as its preview, it'll hold me over until the new Macross.

When is it going to start airing?