Perfect Piece Tachikoma Ghost in the Shell

DARKWIND

My mega house Tachi arrived today, that was fast, i was expecting it to arrive sometime next week. My first impression is that it is a good size and a brilliant paint job.

Its all plastic, you get extras such as the gating gun, natural oil canister, oil tear drop, book and wrench. The Motoko figure has pose able arms and head, but the legs are stuck in the sitting position. The cockpit is quite detailed with flip down visor and a flip open hatch at the top.

I would take pictures, but there two thing stopping me, 1) I'm absolutely crap with a camera and 2) I don't know how to upload pictures.

I can seem to find any 2007 detail on the Good Smile Tachikoma. Apparently this figure has been on the table for release since 2005. Hopefully more details will pop up soon.

Ow! That's not good! I was waiting for this, but only became aware of it a few months back. I had no idea it's stuck in release hell. I might have to reconsider which version to purchase.

Edited by Mr March

My mega house Tachi arrived today, that was fast, i was expecting it to arrive sometime next week. My first impression is that it is a good size and a brilliant paint job.

Its all plastic, you get extras such as the gating gun, natural oil canister, oil tear drop, book and wrench. The Motoko figure has pose able arms and head, but the legs are stuck in the sitting position. The cockpit is quite detailed with flip down visor and a flip open hatch at the top.

I would take pictures, but there two thing stopping me, 1) I'm absolutely crap with a camera and 2) I don't know how to upload pictures.

Interesting!

Megahouse got a bit of a bad rep from a Japanese reviewer recently for the poorly done 1/100 Limited-Model L-gaim & Vatshu (costing 133,400yen... each!), so I'm anxious to hear a different take.

For relatively close-up photos, it's best to use a tripod and NO FLASH. If you don't have a tripod, use a stack of books or a chair to prop up your camera - it helps to steady the shot. As long as the toy is within 3 ft/1m of your cam, make sure you use the Macro mode (the 'flower' icon). If your camera has too much resolution (6MP++) for a web pic, you can usually select a smaller size (1200 x 800, or less). If you've shot less than 5 pix, I'm sure the bbs can take the load as attachments.