Perfect Piece Tachikoma Ghost in the Shell

DARKWIND

It just relased, any Japan or Hong Kong members pick one up yet???

Pictures? There are many Tachikoma products being released recently and i'm not sure which one you're talking about. In any case no i haven't got any Tachikoma figures though I want one and not sure which one is best.

Pictures? There are many Tachikoma products being released recently and i'm not sure which one you're talking about. In any case no i haven't got any Tachikoma figures though I want one and not sure which one is best.

The Solid state society visual book has a few pics with the Major action figure. I was going to pass on this but after seeing the tachikoma a the major(pretty good action figure btw) I may have to pic one up.

I think its the Megahouse one he's talking about. Rumorville is saying that there's no diecast content whatsover in this figure (they said it did) but the plus side is that motoko is actually included (articulated!!) and fits inside the tachikoma.

Now, I also heard a company called "good smile" is putting out a perfect piece tachikoma also. With different pics floating around the net, I dont know which one is which.. Anyone have pics?

This one. . .

I've got one on the way, but I wanted to know if anyone may have one for a pre-review. . .

post-972-1173515713_thumb.jpg

post-972-1173515825_thumb.jpg

post-972-1173515913_thumb.jpg

post-972-1173516009_thumb.jpg

This one. . .

I've got one on the way, but I wanted to know if anyone may have one for a pre-review. . .

Hate to burst your bubble but the pic you posted is the much more expensive diecast version by Good Smile Company, slated to come out some time this year. See below:

IPB Image

I believe the one that just came out is the MegaHouse ABS/PVC version that has a molded Major Kusanagi figure, not an articulated one.

FYI, Fewture is supposed to release a diecast version also, under their EX Gohkin line coming out in May, but won't be as detailed as the Good Smile Company version and no figure included.

Edited by GDomino

Hence, the reason I was asking if anyone had one yet. . . .

I wanted to be sure of what I was getting.

Another pic of the Good Smile Company version:

IPB Image

Here's a description of the Mega House Tachikoma. No mention of Diecast. I think there was alot of confusion between this one and the "Good Smile" Version. Still, Im gonna get it...

Here's a brilliant offering from Mega House that no Tachikoma fan should be without! True to its "Perfect Piece" title, this Tachikoma figure is perfect in every way, with accurate sculpt and meticulous detail, tons of cool playable features, and a carefully-painted glossy blue-and-silver finish. Made of high quality ABS, POM, and PVC materials, Tachikoma is highly articulated with ball-jointed limbs that allow for a wide range of movements, articulated fingers to hold the included accessories, functional wheels, and a front camera eye that can turn in all directions. The abdomen hatches can be opened to reveal a highly-detailed cockpit where you can insert the included Motoko Kusanagi figure! The 50mm grenade attachment is removable and can be replaced with a ball-jointed gatling gun, and pressing the button on the right side of Tachikoma's front camera eye will pop out a small tray for inserting an oil bottle (included) to "recharge" it. Other included accessories are a wrench, book, and an oil tear to recreate those comical scenes as seen in the "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex" anime series! Truly a "Perfect Piece"!

So yeah, It might include a Motoko figure but that might be a solid piece. Anyone with a review, yet?

yea, these things confuse the hell out of me. someone in the now needs to make a rundown explaining which ones which, list the price, size, diecast....all that stuff.

I want to eventually pick up one tachi, but have no idea which one fits my needs.

Ok, here is my limited knowledge and summary of the various new Tachikoma I'd gathered from various site :D :

Original Tachikoma

1. Megahouse’s 1/20 “Perfect Piece†…………..(Feb 2007/ 9,800yen/ 13cm): ABS, fixed posed Motoko, movable.

2. GoodSmile Company’s 1/20……………………..(May 2007/ 17,800yen/ 15cm): Diecast, posable Motoko, movable.

3. Fewture’s Non scale “Soft Vinyl versionâ€â€¦ (Dec 2006/ 6,470 yen/ 20cm): Soft Vinyl, no Motoko, limited movement but has ball joints at limbs, (Dec 2006 Blue Version, Summer 2007 Yellow Version)

4. Waves’ 1/24 “WHAM†line …………………………(Mar 2007/ 3,200 yen/ 9.5cm): completed and painted ABS kit with a number of colour schemes and GITS characters (March normal blue with Motoko; April dark blue with Batou, May yellow with Togusa, and June silver with Aramaki), 9.5cm in height.

Second Gig Tachikoma

5. Fewture’s Non-Scale “EX Gokin versionâ€â€¦..(Sum 2007/14,800Yen/15cm): Diecast, Motoko TBC, has light, movable

6. Waves’ 1/24 Tachikoma Kits……………………..(Mar 2007 2,200 – 3,200yen): these are non-assembled injection kit with various colour (e.g. normal blue with Motoko, optical camo clear with clear otoko, Uchikoma with Batou)

For diecast fan, I think the best combination would be: For Original Tachi (get GoodSmile Company’s 1/20 diecsat), For Seconf Gig Tachi (get Fewture’s Non-Scale “EX Gokin version). They are both die-cast and very posable.

If you are a Tachi Team fan and like your Tachi big, get Fewture’s Non scale “Soft Vinyl version†with hope that they will have the other 2 colour released to complete the Tachi team as seen in the final battle in the original series.

If you are a Tachi Team fan but has limited budget, get Waves’ 1/24 “WHAM†line which will gives all TV versions of Tachi as seen in the final battle in the original series.

Wow, tough choice!!!!

1. Megahouse’s 1/20 “Perfect Piece†ABS

[attachmentid=41077][attachmentid=41078]

2. GoodSmile Company’s 1/20 Diecast

[attachmentid=41079][attachmentid=41080]

3. Fewture’s Non scale “Soft Vinyl versionâ€

[attachmentid=41081][attachmentid=41082][attachmentid=41083]

4. Waves’ 1/24 “WHAM†line ABS

[attachmentid=41084][attachmentid=41085]

5. Fewture’s Non-Scale “EX Gokin version†Diecast

[attachmentid=41086][attachmentid=41087]

6. Waves’ 1/24 Tachikoma Injection Plastic Kits

[attachmentid=41088][attachmentid=41089][attachmentid=41090][attachmentid=41091]

post-3608-1173604093_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604163_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604211_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604292_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604336_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604367_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604396_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604435_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604465_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604505_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604539_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604929_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173604981_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173605015_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1173605050_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

I'm waiting for the Good Smile version. I want the works with the 1/20 size, opening cockpit, a posable Kusanagi, and diecast to boot.

Just remember, the GoodSmile version is a diecast of the original Tachi, if you want a diecast for the Second Gig Tachi, Fweture is the only option at the moment. Who knows, Goodsmil might do a Second Gig Tachi Diecast if the original Tachi does well.

looks like the one to get it is the Good Smile version

this was a great help

Just got mine this morning, will give a review later. . . B))

My Megahouse tachi is on its way. I can't find any places that accept pre orders for the Good smile version. I think the good smile version is actually 1/18 scale

I think tisinc99 has them for pre-order and its slated for a 07/07 release. I believe its for $159. Im not sure about the scale though.

My Megahouse tachi is on its way. I can't find any places that accept pre orders for the Good smile version. I think the good smile version is actually 1/18 scale

Yup. It is 1/18. the Megahouse is the 1/20 version.

Goody!!! I cant wait!! Will you have pics?

I should be able to in the few days. . .

I think tisinc99 has them for pre-order and its slated for a 07/07 release. I believe its for $159. Im not sure about the scale though.

i'd rather be patient and wait for a bit to pop up on other sites.

and July is far off. i thought the Good smile was 1/20 oh well

it still looks good to me.

You mean this one? http://www.tisinc99.com/gho194483.html

It seems like it's the Fewture EX Gokin version they have on preorder. Also coming from tisinc99 is a dead give away since they tend to overprice their Japanese import toys.