new project in 1/72 scale:

jorawar_b

Do you mean a representation of what the interior of the launch arm bay would look like?

Mike

Would you be able to make one panel the size of a air dock that the launch arm comes out of so we can make a diorama with a valk and maybe for some of us who still have the launch arm, we might be able to incorporate into it, maybe mount the arm on one of the wall and have to stick out the opening, something more of a detail look . I figure this could be an option for people that might also want to add the VF-1's to the diorama?

no what I mean is that since your making sections at a time, then why not make a base, two solid wall (which you have already made) and one wall that looks like the opening in the pictures where the valk goes out, this way you can make it as an attachment to the factory look, So if the people that have the launch arms, wanted to add the arms to one side they could find a way to make it work. Just a add on,

• 4 weeks later...

Each component will have an individual price that is determined mostly by the amout of material and or time to cast, that being said it will still come to about $100.00 for a full set with a floor, backwall, detail set, gantry, and side wall. Figure shipping to be about $10-$12 bucks in the US for a full set...

It will breakdown by panels A, B, C etc , a detail set, and the gantry set. I think this works well because you will not need to buy duplicates of parts you done need, i.e. if you only wanted 1 gantry set for 2 floor panels etc....

thanks

mike

I am interested in one too if not too late. Is there a price on this yet?

Each component will have an individual price that is determined mostly by the amout of material and or time to cast, that being said it will still come to about $100.00 for a full set with a floor, backwall, detail set, gantry, and side wall. Figure shipping to be about $10-$12 bucks in the US for a full set...

It will breakdown by panels A, B, C etc , a detail set, and the gantry set. I think this works well because you will not need to buy duplicates of parts you done need, i.e. if you only wanted 1 gantry set for 2 floor panels etc....

thanks

mike

That is a great way to do it! Now I have to think about which parts I will want doubles of! BTW, would a 1/48 in fighter mode fit on a single base with wings spread mostly out?

Mike

Would you be able to make one panel the size of a air dock that the launch arm comes out of so we can make a diorama with a valk and maybe for some of us who still have the launch arm, we might be able to incorporate into it, maybe mount the arm on one of the wall and have to stick out the opening, something more of a detail look . I figure this could be an option for people that might also want to add the VF-1's to the diorama?

I am actually building my own launch arm and hanger, here is the link, http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=24059 it is showing the build up of the hanger, it might give you some ideas on how to scratch build one your self.

Ashton

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, i will get some measurements of the kit soon, as i am doing a build up of the one for myself/test build. I poured the last 2 molds today that i needed to get the basic kit going. It will take a couple of days for those to set up in the cold weather, then i will get some castings to build up and show it off. I will likely start a new thread to show the built painted one, along with some ordering info...

thanks

mike

Hey everyone, i will get some measurements of the kit soon, as i am doing a build up of the one for myself/test build. I poured the last 2 molds today that i needed to get the basic kit going. It will take a couple of days for those to set up in the cold weather, then i will get some castings to build up and show it off. I will likely start a new thread to show the built painted one, along with some ordering info...

thanks

mike

Sweeeet!