new project in 1/72 scale:

jorawar_b

Hey Mike,

Any updates on the Factory project?

I've been swamped with stuff for the upcoming WF in Tokyo, contract work for some guys. I will be busy with that for the next few weeks. After that i will make molds of what i have and start offering the basic sets, and get to the add on's sometime by Sept. I still need to get to the second run of the monster as well....

mike

I've been swamped with stuff for the upcoming WF in Tokyo, contract work for some guys. I will be busy with that for the next few weeks. After that i will make molds of what i have and start offering the basic sets, and get to the add on's sometime by Sept. I still need to get to the second run of the monster as well....

mike

No worries Mike,

The buyers will be there when you are ready to sell. My bank account appreciates the break, too. :lol:

Thanks for the update, and good luck with all your projects.

• 3 months later...

Since it came up in the monster thread, are people still interested in this? People started dropping off the list so i moved onto other projects but if people are still interested i will try to move forward with this after Xmas....likely the first chance i will have....

mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, i just pulled all the parts out yesterday and i really want to finish this up in the next couple of months, the pattern is just about done but i need to fit the molding and casting into my schedule somehow. I have lots of neat ideas for additional details that will become available if i can get around to it. I am sorry for the delay, i have been just non-stop for about 2 years now and it's amazing how fast time goes when you are busy like that. I really am looking towards getting back to some Macross realated projects when i can, unique stuff, in big scales if people are looking to that.....

mike

i wonder how these would look with the 1/60 valks..

This was designed to be multiscale, and multigenre (ie gundam etc), as well as easy to put together for folks who are not usually modelbuilders....i think it would look really good with the 1/60's, in fact i want to display my 1/60's with it when i finish...

Started pouring a couple of molds yesterday, all the parts for the very basic set is ready for molds but it will still be a couple of weeks before all the molds will be ready i need to fit them in with some other stuff i am catching up on.

I think i will be selling these as a set price for each panel, as well as couple of different detail sets, it will be easier for you guys to customize what panels you want. They will be easy to order, for example there will be floor panel 1 coded F1 for your order, sidepanel 1 or 2 coded S1 or S2 and so on...

Once i get a better idea of how much material goes into each part i will come up with a per panel price and a per detail set price...

thanks

mike

• 2 weeks later...

Test cast of the gantry went well today, i will post some pics tomorrow....Floor mold is done, backwall mold is done, some additional detail part molds are done, poured the sidewall mold this evening, so just a couple of more molds to go and i will have a full set for the basic set. Pics coming soon....

Mike

Would you be able to make one panel the size of a air dock that the launch arm comes out of so we can make a diorama with a valk and maybe for some of us who still have the launch arm, we might be able to incorporate into it, maybe mount the arm on one of the wall and have to stick out the opening, something more of a detail look . I figure this could be an option for people that might also want to add the VF-1's to the diorama?