Bootleg Mospeads?

I had a set of those years ago... if memory serves I sold them to DA.

From what I could tell the ones I had were official toys as they had the little foil Tatsunoko stickers on them.

Watch out though, while those things are Mospeada they are reaaaaaaaaally low quality. Think banpresto.

Got one of those back in the 80's. It was a twin pack that came with the ride armor and the fighter. I only paid 11.95 for it and thought it was a great deal at the time.

If there wasn't a fond memory with it.... I'd only rate it as fair.

These are on the long list of things waiting to make it onto my website. They're the legitimate European release of the Gakken Ride Armor figures. They are transformable from hideous bike and rider who can't ride it to hideous ride armor.

Ah, thanks for the info guys. I noticed the Gakken logo but I also saw both English and Japanese names. I was mostly curious because I haven't seen a transforming Yellow or Houquet type other then the Imai kits.

I'll be forgetting about these though based on those posts, just spent an afternoon re watching the tail end of Mospeada and now I have that pang of longing for a ride armour toy.

Can't afford the good Gakken, not got the skills to build the Imai kit well and don't want to risk Toynamis.. what's a motorcycle freak to do!

These are on the long list of things waiting to make it onto my website. They're the legitimate European release of the Gakken Ride Armor figures. They are transformable from hideous bike and rider who can't ride it to hideous ride armor.

Actually, those were released domestically and they are official. There are 4 box variants for them:

Japan "Mospeada" box

Singapore "Mospeada" Mospeada/Legioss two pack

Domestic "Henshin Robo" box

Domestic Excite/Gakken "Robotech" box

Oh, there may also be a Lansay European varaint box, I havent seen it yet..

Edited by Totoro242

Nope, not me. I've never been a Mospeada Junkie.

Oh wait those where the Matchbox joke machine boxes I sold to you... I remember now, I sold those at the same time I sold my set of these.

Can't remember who bought these... hopefully he is not looking for me to beat his purchase price out of my ass for selling him those garbage toys. :ph34r:

I lost my whole set in a hotel room in El Paso when I was about 14, I have never been so bummed about losing something in my life. Left them in a drawer. For the past 19 years I have not used the drawers in a hotel room because of that trip. I go from my suitcase. Scarred much?

These toys go for way too much on Ebay. As absolutely craptacular as they are, I still have some nostalgic lust for them, as these were the accessible Mospeadas of my youth. Like Ghadrack, I think I gave all mine away when I was 13 or 14... Stupid mistake. IIRC, the Henshin Robo and Robotech versions were available concurrently - I seem to remember seeing the Henshin Robos for sale far more frequently though.

I still reckon it's people stupidly assuming they're much like the larger toy who keep buying these things, there is no other explaination apart from completism...

Well it really is stupidity then, you can clearly that they are lower quality in these small pictures.

I bought these for about $6 each... At that price I just wanted the boxes. Bought them at a convention so I was able to tell how crappy they were at the time. They're still in the boxes.

Now If I can find the Toynami ones for $6 each... haha.

Can't remember who bought these... hopefully he is not looking for me to beat his purchase price out of my ass for selling him those garbage toys. :ph34r:

It was me you sold them to. I haven't been looking for you since you're around pretty often. I'm just watching....waiting to pick my spot.

I knew exactly how crappy they were since I already had some. I just needed to get the boxes.

Edited by bigkid24

Yeah, I like everybody else said, these toys sucked @$$. I remember hounding my mom to buy me one when I was young, brought it home and broke the hand peg that held the gun in the hand the next day. I don't know what I did with it but I wanted to get some more. So when I was finally able to drive, I decided to check the toy district in LA to see if anybody still had these. Searched all the toy stores top to bottom. Last shop I go to, had all of them and even the big one! For some reason, I hated the big one and just wanted the small ones. I bought all three for 12 bucks! and the big one was only 15 bucks! Damn, had I known, I would've bought them up. Sigh... what I'd give to go back in time.