If you were Hikaru...

Valkyrie addict

If it was Macross TV, i probably would've picked Minmei, if it was DYRL I would've picked Misa. They set up the love story more properly in DYRL? to make it believable for Hikaru to fall in love with Misa. In the TV series Minmei should've won the triangle, and just "accidentally" step on Kaifun with your Valkyrie while rebuilding Macross city.

If I were Hikaru, with the mindset that I have, I would have gone with Misa, after the first indication (such as Vanessa's big mouth, for example) that Misa was attracted to (or had feelings for) me. I would have dismissed my thoughts of Minmay as nothing more than a horny fanboy crush. And considering the situation, I would have come to the conclusion that I would never get to be with Minmay in a romantic relationship in any case.

Nor would I endanger a good thing with Misa, a responsible, caring, and mature woman, by continuing to be obsessed with (or chasing an impossible fantasy regarding) Lynn Minmay.

Hikaru and Minmay would have never worked, as a couple, in the long run. I think Hikaru was slowly coming to the realization of that long before the final two episodes. But he still hadn't got Minmay out of his system.

Wait a minute. Misa regularly cleaned up Hik's place BEFORE they were officially an item, she apparently knows how to cook, she waited almost a whole freakin' day for Hik' to show up for their picnic (and only got pissed when she finally saw the initials on the scarf), she doesn't get in the way of Hik' doing his job, and she's a career woman with no aversion towards having kids.

:huh:

Yeah, I'd go after Misa.

............assuming she's sporting her DYRL hairstyle. :p

If I had been Hikaru in DYRL I would have nailed Misa and Minmay, then gone after the bridge bunnies. Most of all however, I would have saved Roy instead of running like a coward and then failing to save Minmay on top of that...

Wait a minute. Misa regularly cleaned up Hik's place BEFORE they were officially an item, she apparently knows how to cook, she waited almost a whole freakin' day for Hik' to show up for their picnic (and only got pissed when she finally saw the initials on the scarf), she doesn't get in the way of Hik' doing his job, and she's a career woman with no aversion towards having kids.

:huh:

Yeah, I'd go after Misa.

............assuming she's sporting her DYRL hairstyle. :p

I hear ya too!!!

Well honestly I would go after Misa, I like mature women, but I would have slept with Minmei first, lol. You know what they say about younger girls, if not go watch clerks 2. hahahahhaha

Had to look up some of the quotes to refresh my memory (damn donkey scene :blink::lol: ). But are you talking about the "ATM" lines or the Pillow Pants troll? :unsure:

Misa or Minei?

Misa, but it would be close. Misa's stable. A stable home life is terribly underrated to many. Seriously, it does alot of good for one's sanity to have an undramatic home if you deal with all kinds of stuff at work / duty, in the UN Spacy's case, war.

Minmei's depiction in the TV series makes a better case for her than in DYRL? where it feels more abrupt due to the movie's time constaints. She does drift away in the TV series but comes back.

-----

Off topic, if I was Max Jenius? B))

After hookin' up with Miss 639, you'll have a hard time seeing me outside of duty :lol: Well, someone's got to prevent the house from burning down when your wife can't cook! Among other things...

I'll do TV Minmay first, then TV Misa, then DYRL Minmay, then DYRL Misa, then I'll let the bridge bunnies to join in.

Should Max got killed by friendly fire from his captain (me), and Miria becomes a widow, I'll do her too...

Kaifun will have to watch in his giant folk cage....

Edited by Mowe

Kaifun can be stuffed in an artillery shell, fed into the breech of a Monster's cannon, and fired at the nearest enemy warship's hull!

:lol::lol::lol: That is an absolutely perfect solution to the Kaifun problem, it's a little more usefull way to get rid of him than just shoveing him out the nearest airlock and blowing the hatch.

As for the Misa, Minmei question, I would have chosen Misa, and I would more than likely have done that a lot sooner than our friend Hikaru did. He was about as blind to Misa's advances as he could get, and Minmei was never going to be able to accept Hikaru staying in the military, and I doubt he would have seriously considered quiting after Roy was killed. Besides Misa is a much more forgiving person than Minmei could ever be. If Minmei had been as hung up on Hikaru as Misa was in the same situations, there were several times when Hikaru screwed things up royally that Minmei would have never forgiven him for. Need I do more than mention the whole picnic date Hikaru trashed!

misa's sticky bun

:mellow: I'm sure I could come up with a tacky joke there, but I'll pass. (Count me in as one of those who just doesn't like Misa's semi-"Leia Buns" hairdo.)

As for Kaifun, if I were Hikaru, I'd get Kaifun a couple of bottles of alcohol. Get him as drunk as piss. And then start talking smack, calling him a pacifist "kitty" and telling him how many times I tapped his cousin's tight little tush (and how she LOVED it!).

Hopefully, all the trash talking and alcohol will make Kaifun enraged enough to take a swing at me. With just that one moment of violence, I can break his pacifist vows, turn him into a hypocrite, and give him the stone-cold realization that a military dog utterly defeated him without ever lifting a finger against him.

You see why waste your energy destroying your enemy, when you can manipulate him and make him destroy himself? <really need a devil-horned smiley here>

Misa or Moruk.

what can i say i got a thing for chicks with authority.

And as for the Kaifun problem there wouldnt be any, because i would of never picked him up from the earth. "Whoops sorry 2 passenger plane not 3, Bye Bye". Or i would of made a mel gibson movie on the Macross and used him as a good ol fashion human sacrifice. Ketchup is a rare thing in space that few people would give up, hippies however are the exact opposite.

Well - I'm not going to be very original here...

But Misa all the way - and I think that the love story in TV is better than in DYRL precisely because it's not so obviously "set up" -- it takes Hikaru a long long time to realizze that Misa is the right woman, and it takes Misa an equally long time to accept and acknowledge her love for Hikaru...

In fact, if you look at the story from Misa's point of view, being with Hikaru is just as much of a "fantasy" as Hikaru being with Minmei...

What makes it possible is Misa's maturity - which gives her the requisite dignity, patience and tenderness that ultimately brings Hikaru around with no fanfare, but the kind of loyalty that makes a relationship work.

VFTF1

My big question is, during DYRL?, did Hikaru and Misa get it on during their time in Atlita?

They explore the protoculture island-city, have a pretend dinner, Misa gets emotional, Hikaru consolers her and they kiss. Then the whole evening passes and in the next scene with the characters, Misa is shown zipping up her clothes.

Looks like Hikaru had way more fun in DYRL than he ever did in SDFM :)

Edited by Mr March

Hikaru definitely striked. He would be an idiot if he didn't. Their priority is to propogate and replenish the planet… :blink:

My big question is, during DYRL?, did Hikaru and Misa get it on during their time in Atlita?

I'm with JBO, if I were Hikaru I'd kill myself. :p

But that aside, DYRL Misa. I hate her TV series hair, like most people. And, I wouldn't have pulled the BS he did at the end of the TV series, skipping out on a date with Misa to go see Minmay, then come back with scarf with initials and hearts. That's just douchebaggery.

But Hikaru had an authentic problem - compounded by the fact that he was incapable of expressing himself... and the fact that Robo-Technology, while giving mankind the capacity to create transformering jet fighters and star ships... never went beyond the pay phone and therefore created situations like these (nowadays we'd just text message "sorry, can't meet, something came up!")...

Minmey tells Hikaru that he can see Misa any day since she lives on Macross, whereas Minmey is rarely available - and that's what makes Hikaru opt for seeing Minmey - the fact that indeed, he can see Misa any day...

He calls Misa, who doesn't pick up - and then I guess he hopes she leaves the coffee shop... and then when it turns out she's still there, rather than confess his love, or at least explain the situation, he walks with her and makes the mistake with the scarf (hikaru didn't know it had the inscription on it)...

So he's torn, unable to verbalize his feelings and the situation, and Robo-Technology hasn't made mobile phones yet....

All of this just lends more wonderful drama - as Misa's theme in this episode is just so touching.

VFTF1

I guess I'm going to have to be different and choose Minmei. Misa's pretty hot and stable and all that and would probably be much better for me... but I dig younger chicks.:)

I guess I'm going to have to be different and choose Minmei. Misa's pretty hot and stable and all that and would probably be much better for me... but I dig younger chicks.:)

Plus she seems like she'd be more submissive, just look at how long she put up with Kaifun's crap before she left. She probably wouldn't have liked Hikaru in the military, but so long as he's laying it down, she'll stay quiet.

Most of the worlds population is gone ..., so why not both of them :p

Conventional thinking is useless . They have to think long term.

Re-population is important. So who says he cant have both of them for wives.

this is gonna get me in trouble isn't it? :ph34r: