valkyries and voltron

Stratagos

Awesome!

Appreciated it, but .max is one of the few file formats I can't use (I can use .3ds though). Also something strange, the textures were with SDF-1, but Great Mazinger had none. Could you resend the meshes in .3ds or some other format (.cob,.lwo,.obj). Would it also be too much to ask if you could pose Great for his Thunder Break, and Chest Fire attacks?

I'm trying to get things put together so in a short sequence you see a lot of old skool robots get ready to join their attacks and what not against modern sci-fi enemies (I have the Getter Beam, and Nadesico Gravity Blast Cannon ready, still working on lighting for Grendizer and Mazinger).

No rush though!

I'm just really excited cause the Great has basically the same body proportions as other Go Nagai robots and I already have a Getter heard for bashing. With a little color hue photo shopping I'd be able to make a decent/passable chassis for Getter G. Now, if only I can convince Shadow0000 to make a Getter Emperor head for me I'd be ecstatic!

I've learned how to export from Gmax(md3) so some more low poly Macross models will be buffing our RT ground forces. :D (credit and thanks to Humora for amking a totally enjoyable mof for C&C Generals Zero Hour!!!). In the future I will be trying to IMPORT some of the models in my collection to improve what he started (the mod is still incomplete in a few issues but does work). I beat the General's Challenge no sweat as the "Macross General". I will go back later on and play as the Gundam, and Zeon Generals (also in the Mod).

I screwed around with a Star Destroyer and got to thinking "what if"... So here's a silly pic of Imperial Walker 2.0 (joke pic)

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Sta...erialwalker.jpg

Hehe... Just kidding people!

Ignore the fact it has medium poly machine guns (that rotate when fired) sticking out of the PPC barrels as well as the chest. One of the things I need to get used to in the NEW engine is that you don't just make fire points anymore.

Weapons are placed in those spots now over the mesh automatically. So I need to go back and delete all the existing MG blocks. I think there are cannon models implimented now so when I go back and delete the PPC's and move the fire point back to the arms it will auto place a PPC for me begining at the elbow when I change the text data to point away from the TEST weapon (ATM it's a 1 sec delay rotating 12k round maching run).

Modding often has unexpected results... :)

Edited by Star Dragon

hello op4_delta,

Like the VF-0 you modeled. Macross Zero was a good OAV series. Perhaps you can create a Mayan Island scenery.

Like to watch a lot of anime. One of my favorites, is Bubblegum Crisis.

Still a work-in-progress. Please post your comments.

post-916-1237300796_thumb.jpg

post-916-1237300803_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stratagos

Creating a mayan island scenery would be hard without a heightmap for the terreain or at least some type of map, but not impossible I hope.

Your female model is looking great so far, I must confess I am very bad at creating such organic shapes. Keep up the good work

Oh - cheers! Jee... haven't touched the old '21 or octoss, in like.... a year.... holy crap....

Well, should really go back and have another go.

And Kuri, well - that comes from Kurisu, which is of course, a japanese pronunciation of Chris.

:lol::huh:

Happy Macross World Con. Wish I could attend. However not possible. Anyways, everyone have fun at the convention.

Mari Iijima, you are very beautiful, will always picture you as Lynn Minmei.

Decided to make a virtual cake.

Please post your comments.

post-916-1233065810_thumb.jpg

post-916-1233065814_thumb.jpg

post-916-1233065819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stratagos

• 2 weeks later...
hey, your'e using lightwave if i recall correctly

hows your polycount coming along?

hello wongster,

Currently the polygon count is around 16,200. Have seem some demonstrations of Lightwave. Looks very impressive. The 3D apps which I use are Cinema 4D and Rhino

Your VF-1 model looks very nice. Do you know Wong Fei Hong and Suzie Wang?

Edited by Stratagos

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if any of those 3d models are available through any source. Even in low poly form. I would like to see if could convert some of these into Card models. I have worked on severl 3d models myself but since I'm not as proficient as nayone else here it takes me a very long time to get to where you are on just one model. Having something low poly or even high poly would be nice to do something with. How about if anyone has the SDF/Macross cake I wouldn't mind doing that for everyone to have.

• 2 weeks later...

hello wongster,

The legs were perhaps the most difficult to model. It took a very long time to get them to look right.

Protoculture the elements of technology. Wonder if the chamber would work on humans. Since we and Zentreadi and are genetically indentical. It would be fun to be a 50ft tall giant.

Please post your comments.

post-916-1237301454_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stratagos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
hello op4_delta,

Like the VF-0 you modeled. Macross Zero was a good OAV series. Perhaps you can create a Mayan Island scenery.

Like to watch a lot of anime. One of my favorites, is Bubblegum Crisis.

Still a work-in-progress. Please post your comments.

Did you ever finish the Priss model?

hello chillyche, haven't had much time to do some 3d work lately. When I finish modeling Priss's hardsuit. I will definitely post pictures. I really like your Isamu Dyson figure. I will bulid one too. When I have some free time.

Braddock76, like the YF-19 model. It looks really good. I have seen a few demonstrations of lightwave. It is very impressive. I understand it was used to create some of the models for the Ghost in the Shell anime.

Created these models a while back.

Feel free to critizise.

post-916-1237300876_thumb.jpg

post-916-1237300884_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stratagos