Next Macross, which valk should be the main one ?

Aegis!

I was curious as to what people think should be the next main valkyrie in a possible Macross production.

Remember, this is EXCLUSIVELY about VFs i.e. NOT STORYLINES !

We´ve had enough ¨I want this to be the next plot for macross threads¨ already.

Personally, I think Big West´s idea of using the VF-5000 for Macross 3D ( the never produced macross 3D series) was great, it´s the nearest thing to modern day (story-wise) VF-1, excluding the VF-11.

It´s been animated before in Dynamite as well, so the people at BW and Studio Nue seem to like it too. It also had its own game of sorts in the VF-X2 special edition for PSone.

I think the VF-5000 would have the best chance if they were to use an existing valk.

As a second choice I would go with the VF-4, nuff said.

I would settle for a new valk of course but my love for the VF-5000 comes first :lol:

Is a brand new valk an option? I love all the ones we have but I'm certainly not against something new. I have some preferences for how I'd like it to behave (a GERWALK mode that is more functional *looking* than the YF-19, YF-21 or VF-17) but otherwise I think SK should let the creative juices run again!

VF-5000 is a good choice, I like it.

VF-4 is awesome (I know some would argue that).

VF-14 could be cool. They looked good in M7 Plus.

VF-22 (not as the main CF valkyrie, but the most prominent).

And as Jenius said, a brand new valk could really kick ass!

New VF.

New VF, not because the old ones don't work, but because that's the way these things generally turn out. If we look at all the Macross anime released to date, every one has a new VF - some of the games even introduced new VFs as well!

What will it most likely be? Somewhere in the middle of what we've seen. The VF-1/0 are a bit 'limited' (but have great selling potential in all markets,) and the VF-19/22 are a bit too uber, and may make the series a little less than interesting (who cares if the hero can take out all the enemies, with no fear of damage or injury?)

Sounds kinda like the SW-XAII Schneeblume (spelling?):

IPB Image

From what I gather, you're a bit of a VF-5000 fan right? That explains the sig then. :p

I've always been a fan of the VF-11B so I'd like that to 'star' in a new Macross release.

hahha, how did you notice man ? :lol:

I´m as much a valkaholic as any of us here so getting a entirely new valk would be ideal, new valks are always welcome, I just think that if they ever were to use an existing one, the VF-5000 would have very good chances of being such a valk, which in my opinion is just the perfect scenario.

No one has considered that we could get the best of both choices: having an existing valk as main VF and a new valk as the newcomer B))

kinda like the VF-11 and the YF valks from M+. Isamu was piloting the VF-11 as the introductory variable fighter in the story but then the YFs are introduced as well.

Sounds kinda like the SW-XAII Schneeblume (spelling?):

The SW-XAII is the "Schneegans" (a FSW VF like the YF-19) ;)

The "Schneeblume" is the SW-XAI (it's an updated VF-1 from the advanced valkyrie project)

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

1st choice SW-XA1 "Schneeblume" (my favorite VF)

2nd choice VF-3000 crusader

3rd choice a new valk

YES!! The Schneeblume is a definite choice for a "New VF" it is one of my favorite modern SK designs.

Thanks for the reminder Ignacio :D

The SW-XAII is the "Schneegans" (a FSW VF like the YF-19) ;)

The "Schneeblume" is the SW-XAI (it's an updated VF-1 from the advanced valkyrie project)

whoops, I stand corrected.

anyway, both designs look awesome, though, I would be surprised if Kawamori intended to use one of these in a next series. Even if it means no having the VF-5000 I truly believe it´s more lilely we´ll get a new valk, as it´s been like that with every new production.From existing valks, the VF-5000 still has the best chances though :lol:B))

You're welcome :lol:

I wished they used this VF as testbed for the VF-1 in Mac 0.

Actually I wished they used the Schneeblume as the "actual" VF-1 at the end of Mac Zero.

The design aesthetic is a better match between the Zero and post DYRL series'.

Edited by Zinjo

Now that I've made my joke, a serious response: Why not ALL of them?

Maybe a show about kids flying valks in mecha combat tournaments? Sort of Naruto meets Mac+. For guaranteed success make one character a 12 year old maid. Let kids watch the stupid show, and we'll buy up all the Valkyrie toys. Of course each Valk would get a new paint scheme every few episodes so the toymaker can make enough money on repaints.

I have no hope for a new, truly good anime series. This might be a minority opinion, but I haven't seen great animation since the eighties, or good animation since the nineties.

Now that I've made my joke, a serious response: Why not ALL of them?

Maybe a show about kids flying valks in mecha combat tournaments? Sort of Naruto meets Mac+. For guaranteed success make one character a 12 year old maid. Let kids watch the stupid show, and we'll buy up all the Valkyrie toys. Of course each Valk would get a new paint scheme every few episodes so the toymaker can make enough money on repaints.

I have no hope for a new, truly good anime series. This might be a minority opinion, but I haven't seen great animation since the eighties, or good animation since the nineties.

I am leaning toward no more Kawamori penned shows. The man is tired of the franchise and justifiably so.

He has his own projects he want to do and so he should.

However I think the franchise is far from over and it would be a profound dis-service to the fans if it ends with SK.