Yamato 1/60 VF-0 Reactive Armor

Dante74

Some time ago, while browsing the net looking for Macross stuff, I came upon some pics of the Hasegawa Reactive Armor (RA) kit and thought how great it would be if Yamato would make it for the 1/60 VF-0 line.

Just look at the pic below. Wouldn't it be great to have one of those in your display cabinet!

IPB Image

So here's a couple of questions for y'all.

1. Do you think Yamato will ever make the 1/60 RA for the VF-0S? The RA doesn't get a whole lot of screen time in Mac Zero (They didn't even bother to make a CG model for it, they used traditional animation for the RA and went back to CG the moment Roy Lost the RA)

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

2. How much do you think Yamato will charge for a Reactive Armor. (Don't post how much you're willing to pay for it, we don't want to give Yamato any ideas do we?)
  3. Is it possible that you're the father of Anna Nicole's baby?
  4. Would you buy an extra VF-0 just for the Reactive Armor?
  5. Did Yamato prepare the 1/60 VF-0 for the RA? (I have two VF-0's, but I'm too lazy to check for any possible attachment points for the RA)

Important note!

This is a thread about us fans wanting Yamato to make a Reactive Armor to go along with our VF-0S, NOT a thread about possible ways for Yamato to screw up on another product, so LET'S KEEP IT POSITIVE!!!

Please don't post ANY smartass comments about how Yamato will probably make it a poor rendition littered with QC problems that costs waaaay too much. The Yamato rant thread was specially made for those kind of comments, so keep them there.

Let the Wishful thinking begin!

QC issues aside, the VF-0 is my current favorite toy incarnation of a valkyrie.. more than the VF-1 or the YF-19, I think the yamato sculpt is near perfect and I would LOVE to have one all bundled up in this sumo suit.

2. as for price point.. I'm going to guess it's going to cost over 100 USD in North America.

3/4. Probably.. my 2 VF-0s are floppy messes... I doubt they would retain any posability with the added weight.

5. no idea... but there are some big slots behind the chest plate that the chest armor could slide into.

I think it is something they will eventually get around to doing. Afterall they are the only Toy Co that has done the Vf-0, so they cant let Hasegawa get all the credit for being the only ones to make the RA in any form. They will probably get some mileage out of it by making a stealth etc as well.

As far as price is concerned I think over $100 is right it is gonna be big and therefore will nedd a big box which will push up the import prices.

May be this will be one of those things for this year that Graham has been sworn to silence over.

Yes please, bring on the RA!!!

1. They have to :)

2. $100-110.

3. Anything is possible ;)

4. I will buy an extra Roy!!!

5. The back pack has two slots, one is to secure the legs in fighter mode, the other serves no aparent purpose so...

1. I certainly do. They have to. It's a sales opportunity and ensures the longevity of their product line. The GBP in Macross didn't get a whole lot of screen time either.

2. Between 60 - 75 % of the price of a VF-0.

3. I'm afraid to say......yes. It might be a possibility.

4. You know my answer for that one given my 1/48 collection.

5. Probably yes, probably not, but then again, they didn't prepare the VF-1 1/48 for the armour either. I see the armour being built for the 1/48, not the other way around. The FAST Packs on the other hand, for the 1/48 were considered at the same time for sure in the 1/48 scale, otherwise they would not all be compatible.

Weight is a big consideration for the arms of the VF-0. I doubt that they will hold.

PS Damn you Dante, I thought this was an official thread. :p

Edited by kensei

Of course we want it. I always think the VF-0S Battroid Mode looks too flimsy.

Don't know how my 1st issue will hold up, raise his arm or support the armored back pack but it would be a huge disappointment if Yamato does not follow through with the armoured gear.

Bty, I don't like that blue, deeper grey blue would look better.

1) I can't see Yamato not planning for the RA when they made the initial 0S. Screen time or no, it looks bad a$$, and Yamato is very familiar with the success of add on part for their toys.

2)Ugh, no idea and my wallet is going into convulsions just considering it... Wasn't the CAD work supposed to reduce the cost of producing these?

3)... my layer tells me to to discuss this with the public.

4) So far I only have a VF-0A, as my screen name implies I have an affinity for the CF version of all valks, so if the RA were to actually be released I would likely get a VF-0S to go along with it (one of the newer ones with POM sholders)

5)Again, I think Yamato was aware of the sales potential for the RA when they designed the 0's, as others pointed out, there are some point on the bakpack that don't seem to have any reason for being there. But we probably won't know until an RA is announced.

My concern for the RA until F4V posted those pics was whether or not the 0's current shoulders would be able to support the shoulder mounted missile pods.

Though of course the RA would require an additional purchase of a new (hopefully) tighter 0S. Mine is looser than Paris Hilton's legs.

1 - I sure hope so. But I'm not holding my breath on it.

2 - It woulb be reasonnable to think it would cost around the same price as the GBP-1s set. So it'd be around 100$USD.

4- I'd sure buy a set.

5 - I haven'T bought the VF-0S yet so I wouldn't know.

1. yes i think they will. they made 2 slots on either side of the backpack of the VF-0, what else could it be for?

2. probably the same amount or a little less than when the GBP armor was first released, then the price will drop as more repaints are introduced. it doesn't have as many features as the standard GBP so i'd imagine it wouldn't cost as much....but thats up to the people who place preorders at astronomical prices.

3. yes! but i was really drunk.

4. yes and no. probably yes unless they don't bother fixing/changing the shoulders. i really love the VF-0 design alot and even with the shoulder issues, i'm really fighting myself from buying a 1st release 0S.

5. yes as i mentioned when answering question 1.

If our resident prophet Eugimon is right, we'll get a Mac+ Valk after the SV-51 and then a Mac0 Valk again, and as there are only two Variable fighters in Mac0, I guess we can expect the RA to be released after the next Mac+ release. So if we get a YF-21 or VF-11 in 2008, guess we might expect the RA in 2009. Sounds like a long way off.

Here's my theoretical Yamato release schedule;(based on months of research dreaming and many, many secret meetings with Yamato insiders my imaginary friend Harry.)

• YF-19/ FB combo, mid year
  • SV-51 Ivanov, mid year (which is great AFAIC cause I'll be able to order it along with the YF-19/FB combo and save on shipping :) )
  • First YF-19 repaint (probably a VF-X2 colorscheme)
  • SV-51 Nora with boosters, spring 2008
  • Separate SV-51 booster/ missile set, spring 2008
  • YF-19 weapons set, mid year
  • YF-21, late 2008
  • First non cannon VF-0 colorscheme, late 2008
  • SV-51 CF, spring 2009
  • YF-21 FB/FP combo set, mid 2008
  • Reactive Armor along with a VF-0S Roy re-issue, mid to late 2009
  • VF-11B
Note: I hope I'm wrong and we'll also see some enemy mecha and Destroids.

robodragon, Very nice work on that LV Reactive Armor, and welcome to MW!

*EDIT* Damn, I forgot to put the VF-0D in there somewhere.

Edited by Dante74

If our resident prophet Eugimon is right, we'll get a Mac+ Valk after the SV-51 and then a Mac0 Valk again, and as there are only two Variable fighters in Mac0, I guess we can expect the RA to be released after the next Mac+ release. So if we get a YF-21 or VF-11 in 2008, guess we might expect the RA in 2009. Sounds like a long way off.

Here's my theoretical Yamato release schedule;(based on months of research dreaming and many, many secret meetings with Yamato insiders my imaginary friend Harry.)

• SV-51 Ivanov, mid year (which is great AFAIC cause I'll be able to order it along with the YF-19/FB combo and save on shipping :) )
  • YF-21, late 2008
  • SV-51 CF, spring 2009
  • VF-11B

Is there room in your schedule for a 0D? ;)

Edited by Hiriyu

• YF-21, late 2008
  • SV-51 CF, spring 2009
  • VF-11B

Why so late for the YF-21. T_T

This would not be consistent with the flood of VF-1's over the last year in addition to the 2 VF-0's & the YF-19, my pocket book has been reeling because their have been so many releases.

agreed. I still think we'll see the yf-21 in time for a christmas 2007 release

So is this kit all in one color or is it molded in the corresponding colors? So basically no paint required?

most of the vf-0 comes in a yellowish white, the armor comes in blue and grey, there's a lot of painting required... :blink: at some point, it really becomes a pain in the ass with the masking and fine detailing to get it the way it should be

I liked the GBP1, but it was too bulky. I hope if they make it, they slim it down some. (the box and price could use some slimming too, IMO)

Love the spiked kneecaps on that thing, though

Oh, and SWAT KATS icon, lol I actually used to watch that...

agreed. I still think we'll see the yf-21 in time for a christmas 2007 release

Hope so mate. I figured out i need to buy a crate of them.

One for the Fold in fighter, one for Gerwalk, one for Battroid and another for fighter mode alone...

An expensive Christmas!!!

Actually, how many are in a crate? I may need a 5th one just for multiple transfomations and whooosshhhing.

Will someone open a speculation thread for the 1/60 YF-21? ... i need a fix. :wacko::lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie