Hasegawa in 2007

darklord4

What if any Macross kits are coming out for 2007? Yamato is releasing all the toys that everyone has wanted it seems, e.g. reworked YF-19s, FPs for the new YF-19s, etc.

I see Wave is coming out with a VF-0A Battroid like their VF-0S Battroid.

What other kits are coming out? No other posts came up in some searching I did here.

Captain America has released his Tomahawk kit, and shold be releasing a Defender kit later in the year.

Having bought his last two I can say that providing he keeps adding to the 1/72 range, I wont be so sad if Hasegawa dont release much.

I have the current 07 Hasegawa catalogue and it has a seperate Macross insert. There are no new models listed on the insert.

I've been getting the Hasegawa catalogue for years, and they've pretty much never advertised upcoming Macross models unless they were already announced at the time the catalogue was published. Last year's catalogue didn't mention the reactive armour VF-0, for example. So, I wouldn't let lack of notice in the catalogue get anyone down.

I've been getting the Hasegawa catalogue for years, and they've pretty much never advertised upcoming Macross models unless they were already announced at the time the catalogue was published. Last year's catalogue didn't mention the reactive armour VF-0, for example. So, I wouldn't let lack of notice in the catalogue get anyone down.

Yeah back in the day when I was sponsered by my local Modelshop the Hasegawa catalogue never even showed Macross stuff we had to get the Japanese one sent to us via "contacts" to show all the kits and stuff available. they aparently have a special one for the west.

Yeah back in the day when I was sponsered by my local Modelshop the Hasegawa catalogue never even showed Macross stuff we had to get the Japanese one sent to us via "contacts" to show all the kits and stuff available. they aparently have a special one for the west.

I've always got the Japanese catalogues from HLJ, but I've seen the "truncated" English versions too.

I was looking at last year's catalogue and noticed that it did have coming attaction blurbs for the 2006 additions to Hasegawa's Virtual On line. I wonder if there's something different in their Macross deal, or maybe they just keep new items under wraps until they're really sure they're going to produce them? Maybe the various Macross licensing issues make Hasegawa more cautious in their development process?

• 2 weeks later...

Those are all aftermarket resin parts and conversion kits, sold at Wonderfest (in very limited quantities)

The thing with Hasegawa is, you never know what they're going to release next until they want you to know. And that's generally 3 or 4 months before it's released.

And for the time being, there's nothing new in the pipeline that they want us to know about :(

This years catalogue has an insert in it listing upcoming and new releases for 2007. No Macross kits are shown on the insert although that may not mean anything because as I said before the Macross models themselves are not in the main catalogue but on another fold out 4 page insert.

Edited by thegunny

I know Valks dominate Macross toys & models, but it'd be nice if Hasegawa did some 1/72 Destroids. Destroid model kits just aren't as abundant or are really old kits.

There's still room to do newer Valkyrie models, but the sky's the limit with Destroids.

Hmm... 1/72 Monster...

I agree with that. I build in 1/200th mostly, but would seriously consider buying if they did the whole line. I'd get the Captain's excellent 1/72nd resin kits, but most of my current funds are going to the Daedalus (or sprucing up my workshop since our move). Even the old kits you can still find fetch a high price. I'd love to see details like gun bays and ammo feed belts too. Oh yea, gotta have missiles - lots-o-missiles. - MT

Cowie; you ain't kiddin'! Talk about making a profit. I'm gonna sell an old Gundam 100 Shiki that's like 20 years old! I'll never see that much "profit."

BigF, the missile fetish IS outa hand!!! problem is there's no "missile annonymous" branch in my shire. You should see what I ALMOST finished before moving here and starting the Daeadalus. - MT

Holly poop on a stick that Destroid is outta control.

Theres a similar condition Spartan up for grabs on Evilbay too at the mo not got half that much. I have the GBP from that range in a near minty box etc. May be I should hold onto it.

MechTech the first thing about missilealholisum is admitting you have a problem. your on your way bro.

I agree with that. I build in 1/200th mostly, but would seriously consider buying if they did the whole line. I'd get the Captain's excellent 1/72nd resin kits, but most of my current funds are going to the Daedalus (or sprucing up my workshop since our move). Even the old kits you can still find fetch a high price. I'd love to see details like gun bays and ammo feed belts too. Oh yea, gotta have missiles - lots-o-missiles. - MT

Missiles? Then you're likely a Phalanx fan? :lol:

1/72 would be a very healthy size for most Destroids. Most of them are of comparable height to a standing Valkyrie. They have more mass so that means more plastic. I wouldn't mind if they costed a bit more due to that.

But at 1/72, they're still small enough where they don't take up all your shelf space. They'll also be of the same scale as the other Hasegawa 1/72 Valkyries, so it'd be nice to have a shelf of completed Macross kits of the same scale composed of both Valks and Destroids.

The only other catch is the Monster. That thing would still be quite big at 1/72 and would cost more.

The licensed Destroid kits are old and small (IMO). It's time the "Grunts" get a new treatment!

Here's an evilBay auction that is completely out of control...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=010

US$122.50 with nearly four days to go! Out of control. CA's resin kits are around the same price!

That's my auction :D

It's at $150 now. And I've got a 1/160 Monster up too, which is at $200.

Needless to say, I'm completely shocked :o

That's my auction :D

It's at $150 now. And I've got a 1/160 Monster up too, which is at $200.

Needless to say, I'm completely shocked :o

Hats off to you Sir! I thought $80 was a lot for a vintage kit, but that guy REALLY wants his destroid!

It is comforting a MWer is reaping the benefits! :)

The only other catch is the Monster. That thing would still be quite big at 1/72 and would cost more.

The licensed Destroid kits are old and small (IMO). It's time the "Grunts" get a new treatment!

Actually there's been two kits released of the Monster in 1/72 and you're right the thing is huge. Looks like small lawn art it's so big.

Yeah, and Mike's kit may become available again some day. Here was the thread about it, and there is a picture on this page that gives you a decent idea of the scale :)

MW 1/72 monster kit thread

I gotta build mine, I have two of Cap's destroids ready for paint, I should do my pre-assembly on the Monster and paint them all together. Weather is looking pretty nice for the next five days, and I have a lot of kits/projects ready for paint. I hope I stay motivated :unsure:

With all the money you're getting Valk, you could finish those ground vehicles :D . I can see the monster going for that much. The 1/160th's are rarer evidentlly.

I don't have a problem with missiles, I can stop anytime I want to! I'm just not ready yet :lol: !

I'd love to go with 1/72nd scale. There's so much you can do with it - if you have space. If I built my Tunny VTOL in 1/72 scale, it would have been HUGE. Imagine the Daedalus in 1/72nd scale. I'd throw the remote away and just drive it! You gotta love the destroids though, ALL of them. - MT

• 3 weeks later...

As Warmaker pointed out, some Destroids would be a welcome addition to the lineup. On a similar train of thought: Would it kill them to do some Zentraedi stuff? Just once? Please? Even some repops of the old molds would be nice. I would love to get some of those without paying an arm and a leg on Ebay.

Yeah I second that.