Yamato YF-19, Toy of the Year or POS?

Ignacio Ocamica

Yamato YF-19, Toy of the Year or POS  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Yamato YF-19, Toy of the Year or POS

• Great toy, totally satisfied!!!
    • Could have been worse/better
    • It's a total POS!

they're 2 different toys so you can't really lump them together.

repeating the same mistake would require that they continued to make the same mistakes on the SAME TOY.

the YF-19 is a brand NEW toy, with a totally NEW design.

hopefully future releases will be fixed, if not then you can accuse them of making the same mistakes over and over. ;)

That's what I was saying. From the 1st 1/48 Hikaru VF1A released up till the 1/48 Stealth there have been reports ranging from minor rubber seepages (fixable) to major (unfixable) BP8 breaking and hip intake block socket cracking. The damned parts aren't durable at all and that could've been avoided with better materials - same stupid mistakes repeated over and over. Making a totally new design VF doesn't excuse Yamato because other companies (Bandai, Takara, Maxfactory) attempt new toy designs everytime with little or no repeated fvck-ups because they used better materials.

maybe i'm just lucky but i play with my YF-19 all the time, i've probably TF'ed it 30 times already and i haven't had a single issue, not a single one.

while i handle my toys gently, who's to say those people with problems are also being gentle? keep in my "gentle handling" might be someones defintion of "rough handling" and vise versa so when someone says, "i was being gentle", it can mean anything.

if people can't figure out how to handle the toy/transform it properly, they should just return it. sorry but the harsh reality is, people who are intelectually challenged(my nice way of saying too stupid to figure it out) shouldn't blame anyone but themselves.

this i can agree with. i rather dislike paying out the butt for one of their toys and it having some MAJOR issues, but minor ones like the crooked GP and LG's don't bother me a bit, i think its just people having nothing else to talk about, no one else to blame, so they b1tch and moan about something trivial....yeah for the interweb!

Actually, I agree with everything you´ve said. I think most people forget transformable toys are prone to breakage and such, I think "gentle handling" should be defined as the "the same needed force to wipe a baby´s ass", unfortunatelly not everyone on MW is lucky enough (am I too optimistic here? :blink:^_^ ) to have babies yet, hopefully the same people having all these problems will not try to transform their babies into fighter mode :D:p:o:unsure:

Having said that, Yamato should know better by know, it´s not only bad for us to deal with flawed first production lines, it´s bad for them cause they make a bad reputation of f#@ing things up the first time around, then they´ll start to loose sales on first releases, making first runs a waste of money and time.

Edited by Aegis!

i love it, i think it is one of my favorite macross pieces in my collection, at least until the SV-51 comes out.

chris

I am more than satisfied with my 19 and am currently weighing out the prospect of buying more (after some other more needed stuff.) The issues are so minor if you act reasonably and maturely about them, adn the toy is really SO durable and simply gorgeous. Way I see it, every new Yamato valk has more and more innovation... look and the 1/48 compared to the 1/60 VF0, and now look at the 19 compared the the VF0... the 19 blows everything else out of the water... nnone else has been able to make such a nice looking or as well working 19, ever, bar none. I couldn't be happer with my 19 and am still comforatable being able to fool around with it more than any of my other valks...

I think the majority of the complaints were not to the extreme of labeling the toy itself as a POS.

Most complaints were directed to Yamato’s incompetent in putting out the most anticipated toy of the year with bundles of annoying minor flaws. There was no doubt that the sculpting and transformation design of the toy itself is one of best out there.

More complaints were followed when people realized Yamato had plans to release the stand alone Booster Pack and Combo pack - shortly after the first YF-19 release - with a ridiculous price tag.

When the Yamato Police started telling people to stop b itching about Yamato, the posts became nasty and the debate was no longer just about YF-19.

The nasty talks are about Yamato’s practice, not so much the toy itself.

heh!!!! yeah y'all talk all nasty but in the end hardly anyone voted for total pos

The thing is, you can't talk about the toy itself without dragging in Yamato’s practice. That's the same practice and attitude that has gotten us the subpar (although beautiful looking valks) everytime.

As nasty as some may think of mine and others' posts, they are still only about Yamato, their practices and their product. No character assasination or name calling there.

In case it's not clear to any Yamato Defenders: I am not masochistic enough to revel in the current poll standings.

I would much rather have the joy of owning and voting for a glitch-free '19 – not because of LUCK, but because it was actually properly thought-out, produced and checked. For those currently lucky enough to own a relatively problem free '19, cherish it and, as a fellow Macross fan I hope your luck keeps up.

For me, nothing would beat a SV-51 1st release followed by pages of glowing customer reports for the next month. :-)

Don't push him, he said he was trying to be impartial :lol::lol:

FER 250 CDN DOllARS ITS CRAP!!!!!!

FER 100 DOLLERS its AWESOME

FER 120 DOLLERS MEGATRON MP 05 Rocks

FER 130 DOLLERS MP 03 StarScream ROCKS

FER 220 DOLLARS SOC GX 13 DANCOUGA ROCKS!!!!!

FER 280 DOLLARS SOC GX 34 Gunbusters ROCKS!!!!!!!

butt Fer cryin out loud fer 250 Dollars the YF 19 SUCKS !!!! Looky at the Toyanmi Voltron fer 200 IT ROCKS!!!

YAMMY SUCKS PIE!

FER 250 CDN DOllARS ITS CRAP!!!!!!

FER 100 DOLLERS its AWESOME

FER 120 DOLLERS MEGATRON MP 05 Rocks

FER 130 DOLLERS MP 03 StarScream ROCKS

FER 220 DOLLARS SOC GX 13 DANCOUGA ROCKS!!!!!

FER 280 DOLLARS SOC GX 34 Gunbusters ROCKS!!!!!!!

butt Fer cryin out loud fer 250 Dollars the YF 19 SUCKS !!!! Looky at the Toyanmi Voltron fer 200 IT ROCKS!!!

YAMMY SUCKS PIE!

Where ever you're buying your toys you're getting shafted nice and deep. GX34 and YF-19 should only be about $220ea and Dancougars' is only $200cdn.

Where ever you're buying your toys you're getting shafted nice and deep. GX34 and YF-19 should only be about $220ea and Dancougars' is only $200cdn.

well

NOT in Canada

In Canada for some stupid reason the toys are charged an import tax unlike the US so of course its more expensive. the 220 for Dancouga is reasonable and for Gunbuster its so hard to find that I was out of luck with my regular supplier so I went to the guy who like to gouge me

cause Prime and Starscream were so good you can only expect Takara goodness in threes.

Just look at the pictures you know they spent time on those

So (following that line of argument) when I look at my plagued with numerous stress marks Starscream, I should receive a plagued with numerous stress marks Megs right? ;)

well

NOT in Canada

In Canada for some stupid reason the toys are charged an import tax unlike the US so of course its more expensive. the 220 for Dancouga is reasonable and for Gunbuster its so hard to find that I was out of luck with my regular supplier so I went to the guy who like to gouge me

Nope, IN Canada. I know what I'm talking about. Look at where I'm from.

Diamond released SOC Dancougar for less then $200cdn here and I got Gunbuster and the YF-19 for $220usd shipped/ea from Japan.

I think my YF19 is one great toy, a true improvement over the vaunted 1/72 scale that puts my old VF-11B to shame and also make my YF21 fastpack kind of obsolete at the same time... And I like the fold booster and plan on buying it. I've learned to live with the prices...

One thing I do want this year, however, is a Quid Rau :)

VFTF1