Macross 7 Question

robokochan

Was Ray a flaming Homo? Come on, think about it. He was once part of the..okay, not the Diamond Force or the Emerald force, but the Pink Squadron??????? Okay, he wasn't a homo, but "Pink Squadron" ????

Vermillion's not the most masculine of colors either, yet I don't see anyone questioning Hikaru, Max or Kakizaki's manhood...

Was Ray a flaming Homo? Come on, think about it. He was once part of the..okay, not the Diamond Force or the Emerald force, but the Pink Squadron??????? Okay, he wasn't a homo, but "Pink Squadron" ????

It eas the Pink Peckers Squadron.... :blink:

I think Ray was portrayed as being alittle Gay. Remember when Sivil had control over Akiko, and she was coming onto Ray really strong... but her completely blew her off. Actualy the same with Basara, with Rex and Akiko and he blew them off too. Starting to notice a trend here. :blink:

But back to the Geperenich's thing. So it is fact that he was a Man. With the looks most women die for. But wasn't It the advisor opposite of Exceedor for the Melentradi? Or am I completely way off. I am watching the series again (after starting this topic) and i could have swore that I saw it someplace.

I think Ray was portrayed as being alittle Gay. Remember when Sivil had control over Akiko, and she was coming onto Ray really strong... but her completely blew her off. Actualy the same with Basara, with Rex and Akiko and he blew them off too. Starting to notice a trend here. :blink:

But back to the Geperenich's thing. So it is fact that he was a Man. With the looks most women die for. But wasn't It the advisor opposite of Exceedor for the Melentradi? Or am I completely way off. I am watching the series again (after starting this topic) and i could have swore that I saw it someplace.

Yeah... shamefull isn't it?

I always took it at face value that Ivano Gunther was just very bishonen.

Hmm, wasn't there a part in the show when Gepelnitch contacts the Macross 7 fleet and Max or someone was all like, "That's a GUY?!"

As for Ray and Akiko, umm, I always got out of it that Ray just became very uncomfortable because of their history. I mean, he still somewhat blamed himself for the death of her boyfriend, who was a very good friend of his. Now, if you thought it was your fault that a very good friend of yours died, would you be eager and willing to just run off with his girlfriend?

I always took it at face value that Ivano Gunther was just very bishonen.

As for Ray and Akiko, umm, I always got out of it that Ray just became very uncomfortable because of their history. I mean, he still somewhat blamed himself for the death of her boyfriend, who was a very good friend of his. Now, if you thought it was your fault that a very good friend of yours died, would you be eager and willing to just run off with his girlfriend?

heck, yeah!

Akiko was hot. And she's single. And she's comin' onto him. Even without Sivil's manipulation.

He oughta have bagged her. Instead of avoiding her.

---

You know, come to think of it, Veffidas was a butch-dyke and she's really mostly always with Ray. And most of us are suspicious of Ray's standing now. Interesting.

^_^

Though Ray, with his old squad name and that horrible "Fire Bomber' outfit, might give the joking impression of being "light on the loafters", he's oblivously straight. I guy doesn't have to bang a girl just because he can to prove that. I think his experiences gave him a nature that was older than his years.

Though Ray, with his old squad name and that horrible "Fire Bomber' outfit, might give the joking impression of being "light on the loafters", he's oblivously straight. I guy doesn't have to bang a girl just because he can to prove that. I think his experiences gave him a nature that was older than his years.

I'll buy that... If he were gay he would have been rompin with the lead signer who is a wimpy little girly-man.

Basara & Ray had a little something called "manners." Just because you're a rockstar doesn't mean you have to bang every chick that comes on to you, and it sure as hell doesn't make you gay if you don't.

Actually if Ray's wingman and friend, Stephen, didn't come along, Akiko would have choosen Ray. It was actually a semi-love triangle between the 3. Stephen and Ray both had a thing for Akiko (Ray being silent about it). Stephen made the move first. Ray, being the good friend and wingman, decided to not persue the relationship with Akiko and remained friends. Akiko knew Ray was in love with her but she also knew what could happen between the 2 if Ray said something about that relationship. And the relationship between Akiko and Stephen was heading toward marriage. I don't think I need to go any further.

Really, there never was the question about Ray.

Basara & Ray had a little something called "manners." Just because you're a rockstar doesn't mean you have to bang every chick that comes on to you, and it sure as hell doesn't make you gay if you don't.

Basara & Ray had a little something called "mannerisms." Just because you come off as a fruit doesn't mean you have to go around leather chaps to be 'battin' for the other team.'

Basara & Ray had a little something called "mannerisms." Just because you come off as a fruit doesn't mean you have to go around leather chaps to be 'battin' for the other team.'

Oh come on now, nobody ever wore leather chaps. Basara never showed any romantic affection for anyone except Sivil, end of story. That doesn't make him gay, that makes him an alien lover.

But nobody... and I mean, nobody - doubts the masculinity of Kinryu. He had 2 bridge girls. At the same time!

Hell yeah. Two girls at the same time, man. :lol: I still crack up watching him Sing Basara's song. Big ol buff dude singing along.

Aside from the singing, it was very similar to Roy's DYRL death. Kinryu's bang was a helluva lot bigger, though...

I think Ray was portrayed as being alittle Gay. Remember when Sivil had control over Akiko, and she was coming onto Ray really strong... but her completely blew her off. Actualy the same with Basara, with Rex and Akiko and he blew them off too. :blink:

Yeah, gotta agree. His actions there certainly had me headscratch.gif

Like I said, Ray eventually did poke Akiko right before leaving on the Stargazer mission, end of story!

As for Basara, he's just not the kind of guy who takes advantage of women, and only Sivil was able to fully grasp his attention.

Did you people not read what I said about Ray? :blink: . If you people read what I wrote, you would understand Ray is, in NO such way, (not that there's anything wrong with being gay in the first place, sheesh) homosexual. Do I have to explain the whole Ray-Akiko situation or are we that dense? :unsure::)

Did you people not read what I said about Ray? :blink: . If you people read what I wrote, you would understand Ray is, in NO such way, (not that there's anything wrong with being gay in the first place, sheesh) homosexual. Do I have to explain the whole Ray-Akiko situation or are we that dense? :unsure::)

I read it, love the M7 Plus bit, and still say they did it before Stargazer :)

Here's another question. The one thing that I hated about Macross 7 was that it never showed them arriving at thier destination. Where did they finally end up? Was it continued in one of the games like M3?

Also it was an on-going joke in the M7 OVA. Mylene was supposed to choose between Basara and Gamlin. Did she ever choose?

And if she did choose Basara. Do you think he would have given her the time of day?

And about the whole "Gay" thing with Basara and Ray. Okay I can see how Ray culd be mature enough not to take advantage of his Status. But come on Basara had Rex not once but twice with her racing suit completely open exposing her......um.....reaction bombs. 99.9% of all guys would have taken advantage of that situation. Come on now. Being in love with music is one thing. Basic human instinct is another. Yeah he was obsessed with Sivil. But at one time Rex was Sivil.

Then the undertone with Akiko. "Um you're stepping on my hot dog......" That says it all. :blink:

Rob MN

Here's another question.  The one thing that I hated about Macross 7 was that it never showed them arriving at thier destination.  Where did they finally end up? 

Nope. They're still underway in M7 Dynamite, though u can apparently see the skeleton of a new Battle 7 under construction...

Also it was an on-going joke in the M7 OVA.  Mylene was supposed to choose between Basara and Gamlin.  Did she ever choose? 

:huh: M7 was a series, not an OVA? That's the whole joke (and last line) in the M7 series in the special ("Plus?") episodes.. In M7D, apparently she's chosen... but can never quite catch up to Basara to talk about it... except passing him at the end (she's coming while he's going, with Gamlin chasing Basara).

Yeah he was obsessed with Sivil.  But at one time Rex was Sivil.

Well... did Basara ever show a sign of knowing this? She just screamed and ran off IIRC...

Then the undertone with Akiko.  "Um you're stepping on my hot dog......"  That says it all. :blink:

Exactly. :)

Mylene never chose, though I can tell you she "will" eventually end up with Gamlin.

The M7 fleet is still underway, held back by the massive reconstruction effort I'm sure.

Basara doesn't take advantage of women, and the second time Rex came at him, he wasn't even concious damnit! He's a gentleman, that's all there is to it.

Ok, I got a question(for humor's sake). Did Milia go senile with age? I mean, that episode of M7 Plus kind of sums up the events in question... ;)

What are you talking about, she was always crazy, that's part of her charm. Remember the whole baby tossing thing?

Ok, I got a question(for humor's sake).  Did Milia go senile with age?  I mean, that episode of M7 Plus kind of sums up the events in question... ;)

What are you talking about, she was always crazy, that's part of her charm. Remember the whole baby tossing thing?

To be fair, Max was too.

"You tried to stab me to death! I MUST HAVE YOU!"

Ok, I got a question(for humor's sake).  Did Milia go senile with age?  I mean, that episode of M7 Plus kind of sums up the events in question... ;)

To be fair, Max was too.

I think we can let that one go..... :D

To be fair, Max was too.

I think we can let that one go..... :D

Bah, the whole knife fight thing is small potato's. All women get crazy once a month. She was hot, she was available, she was a virgin, and she loved playing video games. How often does that happen? Damn right Max scooped her up.

Edited by Keith

Small update:

I just finished watching epsiode 28 of my PsyKorps fansubs again, and Gepernitch(sp?) says "I've taken over this man's body". ;)

Except that it's still just a fansub, and they themselves seem to have been confused on the issue. Not submittable as law :)

Actually... all women are crazy in one way or another. Actually M7 did a great job with the female characters and their distinctly feminine behavior.

Small update:

I just finished watching epsiode 28 of my PsyKorps fansubs again, and Gepernitch(sp?) says "I've taken over this man's body".  ;)

Except that it's still just a fansub, and they themselves seem to have been confused on the issue. Not submittable as law :)

I dunno, this isn't a AnimeJunkies we're talking about. These ones are from back when fansubbers actually used quality control. ;)