1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

Not exactly sure... but it looks alot like the IHP YF-19. -=X

That looks alot like this one featured in ModelGraphix:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...june02page5.jpg

I looked at this one for a while, but as much as I admire it, there are some things I'm not overjoyed with. The red and silver/gun metal, used on the -19 in the pic you've attached are too hot for what I'm going for.

Edited by Wicked Ace

HI GUYS

had my fast pack the other day

the magnets are pretty weak on the legs

I have checked inside the right leg and check the one on the fast pack

the magnets are correctly ajusted but the fast pack is pretty weak on the right side somehow

I have to say that it is pretty disappointing :angry:

will have to get new magnets

so no fast pack for me for the fighter mode as it does not stick well and bent outside :angry:

only the fold is displayed eventually

I put the fast pack on the second 19 that I have only for battroid mode

at least IMO the lights are pretty cool specially when you look at it from the front

^_^

its not really the magnets i believe, but when you slap on the FP on the valk mode, the chest area tends to show gaps and when you try and push it back in together to make it flush in the wing that are attached to the FP pulls out the Fp from the legs (which proves that part where the wing attaches to isn't a problem). Its just those freakn gaps that's bothering me =(

Not exactly sure... but it looks alot like the IHP YF-19. -=X

Nice! Are you disassembling that before painting? I’m not asking because I am thinking of doing it. I have nowhere near the skill, experience or patience. Just curious.

The leg FAST packs could really do with 2 magnets each IMO.

Graham

if i ever purchase the FP set for the 19, i'll install additional magnets. though i haven't seen it, it should be quite simple. _________________________________________________________________________

and speaking of magnets, heres the back holster for the 19. :D

post-206-1186760720_thumb.jpg

the magnet is installed in the slide section between the upper and lower halves of the 19(the spot where you can seperate the 2 sections) and it does not affect its transformation.

Awesome battroid pics.

I have a gripe that I'll keep to myself because I don't want to start sounding like a broken record, or like Bob, but many of you can probably guess what I'm thinking.

you should tell us. We haven't had a proper flame war here since in a while. :p

Hmmm...I thought it would be more obvious. Maybe I'm not as annoying as I thought I was.

It's just that damn chest lock, or lack there of. You can see that the chest isn't pushed all the way down. And to all the, "I have no use for a chest lock because I don't hold my battroid upside down" types, it's clearly standing straight up in the pics. The chest probably came unlocked when aaajin positioned the arm to lean on the fold booster, and voila. It doesn't take much.

The lack of a chest lock is just such an oversight to me in what is otherwise a brilliant interpretation of the YF-19.

I just saw in (I think it was) Dengeki Hobby and one other magazine, pics of the Hasegawa 25th Anniversary valkyries. The 19 looks much better than the art we've seen of it. It's a really deep dark purple, as in almost black dark. It has gold accents, and it looks pretty cool. I'd probably buy a Yamato version of it if they did one. :)